3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   When Football Players Weigh Less Than Me.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/140861-when-football-players-weigh-less-than-me.html)

Sweetcaroline 04-26-2008 11:42 PM

When Football Players Weigh Less Than Me....

I just heard a quick report about a new Patriot football player who
Quote:

"will be a big force to deal with next season at 240 pounds"
I've been heavier than that a lot of my life .... does this freak anyone else out ???
:stress:

Lovely 04-26-2008 11:46 PM

I began this journey at 331... I remember having to go through Muscle & Fitness (for work purposes) and being quite a bit shocked to know I weighed a good deal more than some bodybuilders. And they were trying to weigh more!

Hannah25 04-27-2008 03:07 AM

Haha, that was my starting weight. And I must admit if I got my momentum going I would have probably been quite the force to reckon with, as well.

rockinrobin 04-27-2008 07:13 AM

Oh gosh how this used to upset me. I was heavier then NBA players. And I'm only 5 feet tall!! They're - what - close to 7 FEET & are MEN! Yes, this used to bother me terribly.

I used to watch Oprah and she would often say how she used to weigh more then the heavy weight champion of the world and that's when she realized she had to do something. That was like two hundred forty something pounds if I recall. I was way more then that. Yup, it freaked me out.

And then of course it always bothered me (okay freaked me out) that I weighed more then my overweight husband.

denialisnthappiness 04-27-2008 07:20 AM

I weighed more than my ex bf! And my dad! A 20 something girl shouldn't weigh more than her dad!:(

Freak me out? **** yes!

Mrs Snark 04-27-2008 08:35 AM

I've often FELT like I was built like a football player. If only I had a football player's salary it might have been worth it!

sh3l5 04-27-2008 08:45 AM

many a times i felt as though i was the size of a football player....

friendlykat4u 04-27-2008 02:24 PM

Another one here, I'm not a sport fan at all, but the few times I've heard how much a football player weighs I cringe, I'm bigger and shorter than them. :(

I also weigh more than my husband and he's a few inches taller than me. It doesn't bother me but I'm not thrilled about it either. :halfempty

trooworld 04-27-2008 05:30 PM

What bothers me is that I weigh the equilavent of TWO of the size -0- girls that I see running around the college campus that I go to!

Smiling_Sara 04-27-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetcaroline (Post 2170441)
I just heard a quick report about a new Patriot football player who I've been heavier than that a lot of my life .... does this freak anyone else out ??? :stress:

very much so!

Heather 04-27-2008 08:28 PM

goodness yes. I used to weigh more than almost any professional athlete!

KD4154 04-27-2008 08:36 PM

I know exactly how you feel. When they say this heavy weight boxer weighs 230 lbs and I would think to myself "that's only a few pounds more than me, and I'm no athlete!"

That's a scary thought. I'm looking forward to being much MUCH lighter than a heavy weight champion!

Lunula 04-28-2008 12:00 AM

Oh yea, been there - done that! I totally know how you feel. It pains me to hear that pro football players weight less than me! Or knowing I can never do the see-saw with my husband because he weighs less than me!

We'll get there, though! We WILL get there! :)

JasonsLea 04-28-2008 01:43 AM

Oh god yes! It freaks me out that I weigh more than most men. I weigh more than ALL the guys at my job (my workplace is 99.9% male)! Oh and I have the broad shoulders and am as heavy footed as a linebacker.

FB 04-28-2008 09:14 AM

Ha! I had my freak-out moment yesterday while my son was watching cartoons of all things. Did you know (I didn't) that Fred Flintstone weighs 225 pounds? It was such a dumb episode involving him being on a diet. My ego took a blow at a cartoon- I'm silly! For some reason Fred Flintstone bothers me more than athletes. :dizzy: