Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 02:07 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Looking for some DFW losers!

Hi all,

I am a 31-year-old stay at home mother of two. With over 80 pounds to loose. I would like to meet some people out there in the DFW area who would like to be a loser too! Or anyone with over 80 pounds to loose!

So far I have lost 25 pounds and can't wait to get the rest of this awful weight off!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Feffyy

235/210/128 (82 pounds to goal )
Old 02-18-2002, 09:54 AM   #2  

I am also in the Dallas area. I have 2 kids and am a stay at home mom. I started keeping a food diary and exercising regularly a little over a year ago and feel very successful. It has gotten a little harder recently.

asta
327(start 12/30/00) /225(current) /177(initial goal)
Old 02-19-2002, 11:31 AM   #3  
One day at a time.

Default New member

Hi,I'm in north east Texas, in a rural area and I need a friend to give and receive support. I have a son, and I work in home
I'm new to this area and don't really have any (friends). I thought this might be fun? I'm almost 31, and need to lose 100lbs. for health reasons, as well as to make me feel better about ME!

Last edited by mel17; 02-19-2002 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:09 AM   #4  

Angry Hi girls!

Hello ladies,

I am so happy to meet the two of you!

Asta, OH MY GOSH! CONGRADULATIONS ON LOOSING OVER A 100 POUNDS ALREADY! WOW! I bet you feel soooooo much better! Sounds like you are really ready to get rid of this weight! Did you gain after having kids? Or have you always been overweight? For me it was just after my daughter was born. About 2 years ago got down to 170 pounds, then had back surgery and gained it all back plus some. Frustrating! But now I am back on the down hill roll, and going to get it off for good!

Mel17, how cool to be able to work out of your home, what do you do? Are you married? I hate moving and trying to meet new people, it is sooooo hard. I use to be really out going but now since I have put on so much weight I have become a hermit. I know that people don't care about me being over weight as much as I do, but it does make a difference in the way I present myself, and makes it hard to make friends. We are pretty new to this area also so you and me are in the same boat!

My week is going along slow, I have to go and see my family in July, and they haven't seen me since I was 170 pounds. They are all thin, and I will just DIE if I have to see them before I am able to take off at least some of this weight.

Well hope you two are having a great day! Hope to hear from you soon.

feffyy

235/210/128 (82 pounds to goal )
Old 02-21-2002, 10:48 AM   #5  
One day at a time.

Default Hi

It is cool working at home sometimes, but it's hard too! I eat out of stress & boredom. I raise show dogs, that's my job, we've got 2 litters on the way! Then I'll be homebound for a few weeks, taking care of puppies. I don't get to exercise like I should, but what can I do? I did buy a treadmill, and it's in the middle of the living room, now theres no excuse!
I look forward to getting to know you, and thanks for the warm welcome!
Mel

270/goal 170
Old 02-21-2002, 08:52 PM   #6  

Hi!

I have struggled with weight and overeating ever since I can remember, but I really packed on the pounds when pregnant.

Nice to meet all of you.

asta
Old 02-21-2002, 10:51 PM   #7  
One day at a time.

Default hello again!

Hi ladies,

Asta, I did the same thing. In school I really struggled with my weight, but when I got pregnant it just got out of control. I was 148 before and got up to 200 during my preg. then after delivering my 8lb. 15 oz. son, I was at 180. That was 11 years ago, and every year is worse. I'm determined to get it off this time, and I won't quit! This support group is a great inspiration, and so are you! I look forward to getting to know y'all better.
thank you all!

Mel

270/ goal 170
Old 02-22-2002, 08:38 AM   #8  

Hi!

Mel, it seems like it just gets harder every year. I too am really determined to get the rest off. I seem to be stuck here right now and it is very frustrating.

asta
Old 02-22-2002, 09:19 AM   #9  
One day at a time.

Default You can do it!

Morning!

Asta, don't get dicouraged, you're doing great. I hear alot of people, get to a point where their weight will level off and then if you keep at it, it'll come off. Keep your chin up, keep smiling, you're doing great! You're doing great too, Feffyy! I'd love to know what y'all are doing, because I am having trouble getting on track? Well, I need to get up and move around a little!!! Have a good day!

Mel

Last edited by mel17; 02-22-2002 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:46 AM   #10  

Mel,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm going to go play tennis and work out this morning. I just got back from walking my son to school to get a little fresh air, that is always encouraging.

asta
Old 02-22-2002, 02:16 PM   #11  
One day at a time.

Default Help!

I'm not sure about how to keep myself going? I get discouraged and I'm at a loss of will-power. Asta, what types of things do you do everyday, and what types of meals do you cook? My family is ok with grilled chicken salad, but what else is there? I would appreciate any ideas, or words of wisdom! Thanks, Mel
Old 02-22-2002, 09:01 PM   #12  

Angry hang in there girls!

Hello ladies,

Wow we really all have allot in common.

It seems that we are all going threw the same thing. Sometimes I don't think staying at home is all it's cracked up to be. I get so board and just feel like crawling the walls sometimes.

We live in an apartment, but would like to be in a house. We have been saving for about 6 months, and trying to get the credit in good shape, so hopefully soon. I am a little bummed because we just missed out on the perfect house because of a credit issue. So me and my hubby haven't been getting along for the last few days. But today seems a little better.

I was inspired today when I stepped on the scale though! Another 3 pounds gone! YEAAA!!! So I went to the store and got some hair products, and highlighted my brown hair. It looks ok I guess, but it doesn't make me look any thiner!

You both seem to be just as frustrated as I am about getting off this weight.

Asta, I think that is awesome that you play tennis, and walk your son to school! I have a hard time just getting my butt of the couch. I am just so inspired by you!

Mel, that's good that you got a treadmill, try just doing it for 10 minutes a day at first, then gradually do more. This way you won't get burned out. You were asking about what type of meals to cook? Well what I am doing is a diet I got from a doctor. It works! It's basically low fat low carb, but you can eat as much as you want, whenever you want to eat. The key is just to eat foods on the yes list. If you want to know more just ask and I can go into more detail if you want.

Well I better get going for now........ Talk to you soon feffy

235/207/128(79 pounds to goal )
Old 02-23-2002, 09:23 AM   #13  

Hi all!

As far as getting off of the couch goes. I started out walking (and not very fast at that), then I added other types of exercise. One day, I was very bored on the treadmill and it dawned on me that I had always loved tennis and that I should play. The main reason that I didn't play is because I didn't think that I could find tennis clothes in my size and because I didn't want to show my fat thighs in shorts to the world. I started playing in an indoor (air conditioned) league at a very low level. I was terrible but it was fun. I finally decided that the world could see that I was fat regardless of whether my fat thighs were exposed or not. I also discovered the Junonia catalogue with activewear for large women. I have slowly learned to love my exercise. I play tennis as often as I can and I walk or bike outside when weather and time permit. I also rented a locker at my gym and I keep a tape player and I rent books on tape to listen to when I exercise. I sometimes find myself going back in to exercise after tennis to hear the next chapter. I'm 41 and about to hit the bifocal stage and it makes it really hard to read on the treadmill or elliptical etc.

My advice would be to find a hobby that you truly enjoy that also involves moving and pursue it.

asta
Old 02-23-2002, 09:51 AM   #14  

Angry

Morning!

Hmmmm motivation.......

I was think about what you said Asta, and something I enjoy is swimming. I did this allot last summer, but quit when winter hit. The problem is that the only indoor swimming pool I can find is at an expensive health club. At my apartment we do have an indoor weight room though. I was thinking of giving the tread mill over there a try.

Who do you play tennis with? I use to play that about 10 years ago, it is allot of fun.

Well had a good day yesterday. I did well on my eating, and wore my AB-energizer in the morning and at night. Can't wait to really start seeing a difference!

Asta, what do you do for work?

Mel, how cute to have puppies on the way! What a fun job you have! What type of dogs?

I can't believe I only have 7 pounds till I am in the ones again! I haven't been under 200 pounds for a long, long time! I am so excited! Hope I don't hit a plateau.

Talk to you soon! feffyy

235/207/128(79 pounds to goal )
Old 02-23-2002, 07:50 PM   #15  

I am from the DFW area too.....north actually. I have lost 24 lbs that i have kept off and am hoping to lose another 7 by summer....all it is going to take is a little work....I'm almost 18 and a Senior in high school.

Good luck
Katie
Closed Thread