Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #31  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Did you go to the Coach store on Pine or whatever street thats called?? Because they are super friendly in there!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i had one i remembered well..and it didn't involve weight/size. I decided i wanted to get some new shoes, but it was cold out and i was doing laundry. So i ended up wearing thick sweat pants and a very oversized sweatshirt...yes i know i look like crap. I walked into nine west of all stores (heck their shoes aren't that expensive) and there was no one else in the store but me. I wandered around the store looking..and usually if you are in the stores you can't keep the clerks away. The clerk there just ignored me....i even made eye contact once and she didn't even say anything. So i left and went to Macy's where i spent over $250 on 3 pairs of shoes. I then walked right by the nine west store and the clerk was near the door. I just smiled as i walked by and held up the bags. It was definately a pretty women moment. So don't judge a book by its cover. (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #33  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I haven't really ever had a Pretty Woman moment, but I think I have the opposite problem of being ignored - I seem to attract retail salespeople for some reason and they won't leave me alone. (I don't know why, maybe I look eager to buy or something). I know that when you walk into a store one of the salespeople is supposed to greet you and ask if they can help - 98% of the time I don't need help, and I just let them know by saying no thanks, or just looking. I have had some horrible experiences with salespeople over the past year who won't stop bugging me. I have been rude on several occassions after I have said once or twice "No, I don't need help, I'm just looking, thank you" and the salespeople continually follow me around and ask if I need help.

The worst are furniture salesman. My fiancee and I bought a house a year ago so we had a lot of furniture shopping to do. I swear, the furniture salesman are like leeches. In several stores they asked if we needed help, we said no, we're just looking, thanks, and they followed us around practically on top of us. One guy followed us all the way around the store, stopping when we stopped to look at something, and I was very annoyed by this, so we stopped and just stood there at a couch for a few minutes, not saying anything, just staring at the guy, and finally he got the message and walked away. A couple of months ago we were looking at recliners and we had already told the lady that stepped up to greet us that we were just looking and we would find her if we needed help, and she came over 5 seconds after that and asked if we needed help, and I turned to her and said very rudely "I told you we were just looking and if we needed your help we would come find you. Stop bothering us." She walked away, and we ended up buying an end table 15 minutes later and a different person got the commission. She saw us at the cashier and asked if she could help us AGAIN, and I said "no, we're done." And she went over and started arguing with the guy who got the commission.

I really do hate salespeople who won't just leave me alone. Let me shop in peace!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7''

this has happened to me before in victorias secret. I went in to get a bra and they looked at my and said we dont carry your size here you should go over there (pointed to the maternity store) and i wasnt even pregnant!!!!!!!!!!

I do not shop at victorias secret from that day and being that they do not fell the need to sell larger closer and bigger bras because they say there is not a need for them. Since when?
mimosa08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #35  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh yes.... When I went into Dicks Sporting Goods. I nearly cried. My boyfriend is enormously athletic and lifts weights (*licks*) but I'm a little pudgy. We wanted to get a soccer ball because it's the only sport I've ever really been good at. Earlier that day he said we should play basketball and I looked at him and laughed. He's 6'4".... I'm 5'4". So I said lets go get a soccer ball and I'd show him who's boss...

Well it was around then that I realized my sports bras weren't holding up so I decided to go and get new ones, as well as some shorts. My boyfriend got new running shoes, the soccer ball and a dart board. We get to the checkout and my boyfriend buys his items, no problem. The moment I get to the checkout the cashier asks me if I needed a gift receipt.

FOR A BRA? AND RUNNING SHORTS?!? Heck... if anything was going to be a gift it was going to be that dang dart board or soccer ball. But no... It's the fat girl that is questioned about her purchases. Now... I use to work at a Sears and during the Holidays it was required that we asked people for gift receipts but in the middle of April? Please.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #36  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaVTFan View Post
I haven't really ever had a Pretty Woman moment, but I think I have the opposite problem of being ignored - I seem to attract retail salespeople for some reason and they won't leave me alone. (I don't know why, maybe I look eager to buy or something). I know that when you walk into a store one of the salespeople is supposed to greet you and ask if they can help - 98% of the time I don't need help, and I just let them know by saying no thanks, or just looking. I have had some horrible experiences with salespeople over the past year who won't stop bugging me. I have been rude on several occassions after I have said once or twice "No, I don't need help, I'm just looking, thank you" and the salespeople continually follow me around and ask if I need help.

The worst are furniture salesman. My fiancee and I bought a house a year ago so we had a lot of furniture shopping to do. I swear, the furniture salesman are like leeches. In several stores they asked if we needed help, we said no, we're just looking, thanks, and they followed us around practically on top of us. One guy followed us all the way around the store, stopping when we stopped to look at something, and I was very annoyed by this, so we stopped and just stood there at a couch for a few minutes, not saying anything, just staring at the guy, and finally he got the message and walked away. A couple of months ago we were looking at recliners and we had already told the lady that stepped up to greet us that we were just looking and we would find her if we needed help, and she came over 5 seconds after that and asked if we needed help, and I turned to her and said very rudely "I told you we were just looking and if we needed your help we would come find you. Stop bothering us." She walked away, and we ended up buying an end table 15 minutes later and a different person got the commission. She saw us at the cashier and asked if she could help us AGAIN, and I said "no, we're done." And she went over and started arguing with the guy who got the commission.

I really do hate salespeople who won't just leave me alone. Let me shop in peace!

I have that problem in Victoria's Secret. As soon as I walk in, they're all over me. I really hate it. Especially since since some of them hit on dh. Like hello, they can clearly see he's wearing a wedding ring, and we're practically all over each other to begin with. And he's in there picking out underwear for ME!! Ugh ya..I only go in there alone. I hate it when they try to push that Angel's card on me. I mean..they're pretty nice & helpful..but do they need to hound you?!?!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-29-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Did you go to the Coach store on Pine or whatever street thats called?? Because they are super friendly in there!!
It was the store in Bellevue square. I love my new purse!
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #38  
I was born this way hey!

Ahhh...I gotta check out Bellevue now. Which purse did you get?? I got one for my bday and a matching wallet.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-29-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I had a TOTALLY different kind of "Pretty Woman Moment" yesterday. I have become an almost obcessive flosser in the past couple years. I have floss picks in my purse, SUV and desk drawer, I also have those mini rolls of dental floss, from the dentist, stashed everywhere. I usually eat lunch at my desk, and floss after. Well yesterday I did not have a floss pick, so I yank off a large strand from the little roll stashed in my desk. I have a flax seed lodged in my teeth and I am trying to get it out...one my coworkers walks in while I am flossing. Slightly embarassed I said, "You caught me" he chuckles and says, "Don't worry VIVIAN, I am not offended." I nearly died laughing when he called me Vivian.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 296/295/250

Height: 5'7"

Omg, yes that happens to me a lot. My aunt took me shopping one day, years ago and she pulled me into this store that sells cute, stylish clothes, for slim women. My aunt and I seperated in the store to check out different things and I saw the clerks rush to help my aunt (she's very slender and has a richie air about her). When I walked over there to see what help could be offered, the clerk looked at me like I was scum. She didn't know that I was with my aunt until my aunt reached over and pulled me into the conversation. She told the clerk what were looking for, I think it was a blouse and dress slacks and the clerk replied saying, "It looks like you're about a size two and I'm sure we'll something that will interest you." My aunt laughed and said, "Yes, I am a size two, but today we're shopping for my neice." The woman curled her lip at me and said, "You might fit in a size 18, but we don't carry anything that large here." Then she turned away from and tried to talk my aunt into buying something for herself. I was mortified. It seriously scarred me. People can be so nasty and hurtful.
xonlywishesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #41  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It's amazing how rude people can be. I don't remember ever having a problem with store clerks. I remember them being so helpful all along, but there is one thing that I have noticed. When I got down to 199 lbs., it seemed as though strangers would just strike up conversations with me. On the parking lot of a store a lady just started a conversation about the weather, she was parked a couple of rows over. Things like that never happened to me before. When you're overweight are you invisible?
I went to a clothing store recently, and I'm so used to shopping on the plus side of the store. The clerk told me that I could probably wear a size that was 2 sizes smaller than I wear on the misses side of the store. I thanked her because I took it as a compliment.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote