3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   No Sugar! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/138777-no-sugar.html)

Beach Patrol 04-02-2008 02:05 PM

No Sugar!

YAY ME! - I didn't think I could do three days, but today is my 5th day with NO SUGAR. Of course I realize there is sugar in all kinds of foods, & yes, I am eating fruit. But I have not had any cake, candy, ice cream, gum, soda, etc. with sugar in it. I'm so proud of me! :carrot:

Now, if I can just do it for 16 more days... :dizzy:

zenor77 04-02-2008 02:21 PM

That's awesome!

I've been trying to cut back on my added sugars as well. It's hard and sugar is in so many things.

Keep up the good work!

Lovely 04-02-2008 02:41 PM

Fantastic :D Keep it up!!!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 04-02-2008 02:43 PM

wow! I am impressed!! ihave gone 2 weeks withot caffiene(diet dr pepper was my source) have been drinking decaf diet dr pepper but by the first of next week i am giving that up too...slowly weening it out!

Taylor86 04-02-2008 02:54 PM

Ugh! I couldn't do without my coffee or diet coke. Those are two things I just will not give up. I just have to make sure I drink lots more water.

As for the sugar- way to go! That's great!

dixied 04-02-2008 03:09 PM

Inspiring! I'm giving up diet sodas starting Friday, and I'm dreading the withdrawal already.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 04-02-2008 03:58 PM

i didnt just give it up i cut it back slowly and made a gradual decrease and switching to decaf to help with the withdrawals

Hat Trick 04-02-2008 04:52 PM

You GO BP!! Sugar is a tough one. I know I feel tons better when I don't eat much of it . . . and when I do have an occassional sugar treat, it seems to taste so much better. Keep up the good work!

Beach Patrol 04-03-2008 10:50 AM

Day 6! woo hoo!!

I guess I should say "JUNK FOOD" instead of 'sugar' because I also have not had any salty treats either.... AND.... I do have 2 tspn of sugar in my morning coffee. :o

It's not easy, especially because part of my job at work is to keep the vending machines stocked :dizzy: ... but I really do think that sugar is causing my body to do some crazy stuff. I not only want to lose weight, I want to FEEL GOOD.

So here's to feeling good! :D :carrot:

rockinrobin 04-03-2008 10:59 AM

Beach Patrol, you're doing GREAT!!! Sure it's not easy right now, but rest assured it WILL get easier as you go along (and sooner then you think) and you will be thrilled beyond belief with the results and wonder why the heck you didn't do it sooner.

:carrot:Keep at it girl. Just keep on going. You CAN do this. :carrot:

Tomato 04-03-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach Patrol (Post 2131742)
Day 6! woo hoo!!

I guess I should say "JUNK FOOD" instead of 'sugar' because I also have not had any salty treats either.... AND.... I do have 2 tspn of sugar in my morning coffee. :o

It's not easy, especially because part of my job at work is to keep the vending machines stocked :dizzy: ... but I really do think that sugar is causing my body to do some crazy stuff. I not only want to lose weight, I want to FEEL GOOD.

So here's to feeling good! :D :carrot:

Hi Beach Patrol,

I, too, woudl like to say that you look great!
As far as sugar in coffee goes - I drink mine without sugar, but here and there (maybe every few months) I buy one of those artificial creamers for coffee - I don't need sugar but I do need milk in my coffee. I bought one the other day and I don't remember what brand it is (except that it is a hazelnut flavour :^:) and even though it says Made With Real Cream, it contains hardly any calories. I would have to look at the bottle when I get home to provide correct information. It is quite sweet and I usually add a bit of milk to it (because I like lots my milk with a bit of coffee, if you know what I mean :p) and the creamer is too sweet for me. Maybe something to consider to still get the sweetness but minus the calories.

Beach Patrol 04-03-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 2131757)
Beach Patrol, you're doing GREAT!!! Sure it's not easy right now, but rest assured it WILL get easier as you go along (and sooner then you think) and you will be thrilled beyond belief with the results and wonder why the heck you didn't do it sooner.

:carrot:Keep at it girl. Just keep on going. You CAN do this. :carrot:

Thanks rockinrobin! (everytime I see your "5 foot nuthin" height, I get a little giggle!)

I've actually quit the "junk food" once before. And I lost weight & I felt soooo good! - I wish I had NEVER gone back to eating it. Not to say that I don't occasionally enjoy dessert or whatever, but all the processed junk foods... they taste SOOOO good! TOO GOOD! - I just want to eat healthy & feel good again. After having been sick so long & not being able to exercise, this is a big endeavor for me.

My main fear is not "not losing" the weight... it's regaining it YET again after I finally DO lose it. I want to discover the secret of maintaining! And I'm sure part of that has something to do with staying away from junk food... :^:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomato
Hi Beach Patrol,

I, too, woudl like to say that you look great!

Uh..... :o .... thank you.... (my avatar pic was taken Aug. 2005....) ;) :D

rockinrobin 04-03-2008 02:37 PM

Sure it tastes good. No arguements there. But the taste part is where the "good" ends. There is waaaay more bad to it then good. After 20+ years of struggling with my weight, I finally realized that the "taste" good, was simply not "good" enough. So I opted to do away with it. The horrible cravings it brought on and the need for more of it, like a drug addict. Constantly looking for a fix. That grogginess feeling it left me with a short time after eating it. And on and on.

I have brought it back into my "diet" in small quantities every now and then and I am certain that is why I am having a harder time with maintenance then with losing. Something for me to think about, that's for sure. We shall see what happens in the future.

You've been through a lot Beach Patrol and have lots more experience under your belt now. Maintenance for you is going to be a piece of cake. Ummm, well maybe piece of cake was the wrong terminology, but you know what I mean ;). Anyway, good luck to you and STAY STRONG!!! STAY STRONG!!! STAY STRONG!!!

oreokitty 04-03-2008 06:22 PM

I think that it is totally awesome getting off the sugar. I've been off junk food/ sugary foods/ white flour/ white pasta, etc since last September. It has curbed my appetite and stopped my binges. I've lost 50 lbs without exercising. It is also suggested by one of my books on bipolar to give up sugar and refined flours. I've written this in other threads.

But I wanted to include a link from a journal about classifying sugar as a drug:

http://www.lurj.org/article.php/vol1n1/sugar.xml

Very interesting. Actually, I am a compulsive overeater and a recovering alcoholic as well as bipolar so the article makes sense for me. No sugar sounds good to me. :)

Amy

Beach Patrol 04-04-2008 08:59 AM

That's a very interesting article oreokitty, thanks for posting it!!!

.....and rockinrobin... yeah, maintenance will be a "piece of cake". A piece of dry, stale, who-wants-it-anyway cake. ;) :D But right now, of course, I just have to get the weight OFF first. And today is DAY 7 without junk food......... ONWARD! :woohoo: