Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348/348/140

Height: 5'5"

Question How to eat all this food?

I am supposed to eat 2,100 calories. It is a huge amount of food. I weighed everything and measured etc.....

But what if I am too full? do I keep eating? I know if I don't' get enough calories I will go into starvation mode. But it just seems like so much food.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Teresa
Lileesgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:36 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh, to have that quandary! I am supposed to eat around that too and have NO problems!

Well, if you honestly can't eat that much food, try to eat calorie dense foods like nuts, avocados, seeds and good oils to your meals.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Yeah you should try to eat things higher in calories but still healthy (beans, chili, nuts) and I'd ask your doctor if you should eat that much even if you arn't hungry.

Good luck

Last edited by jillnicole03; 03-17-2008 at 06:48 PM.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Just pass me the plate. I'll be happy to help.

Seriously, I think as long as you eat at least 1200 calories per day, it's just fine. There will be days when you have no trouble consuming all of your food, so just eat what feels right.

This is just my opinion, so don't take it as gospel.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

At you current weight, it is probably OK to eat that much. Are you on a medically supervised program? If so, then you should continue to follow it exactly.

If you're doing this on your own, how are you tracking your calories? Do you use a computer tracker, or a book and notepad, or...?

If you tried to eat 2100 cals of lettuce, you'd never get there! So as Soulbliss suggested, try more calorie-dense foods. Plus to make sure you have enough protein, you may be able to double the amount of chicken, beef, tuna (if you eat meat/fish) for a meal. Or, more nuts, more tofu, 3-egg omelets, and so on.

Don't head for the ice cream, though! That's the wrong idea...

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

You may not be able to eat that many calories every single day, but you should try at least most days. As Soul & Jill said, calorie dense foods should help.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I agree, eat more calorie dense foods in moderation.

Avocados are my favorite.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #8  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

At your start weight it seems reasonable. Break your meals up into 5 or 6. Have a good breakfast (something a lot of people, myself included, sometimes skimp on). Use nuts as snacks. I sometimes take an ounce of almonds (164) in the morning, and drop in an ounce of soy nuts (134) in the afternoon. Neither are big portions, but they add up to about 300 calories.

Although I never use them, add full calorie dressings to a tossed salad that you've added a sliced egg into. And count what you're eating carefully, you might be closer than you think. If you're really convinced it's too much, think about what you ate on your last non-diet day. See what that adds up to.

Good luck.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote