3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   incredible amount of water weight? TMI warning (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/137190-incredible-amount-water-weight-tmi-warning.html)

audreymonroe 03-16-2008 02:36 PM

incredible amount of water weight? TMI warning

10 days ago I weighted in at 179. I'm in the middle of my period, which is usually when I'm the most bloated. Even when I take diurex, I hold onto about 4 lbs right after my period, so I was expecting to see 182-183ish on the scale. I haven't taken diruex at all, and I weighed in at a dizzying 187!!!! Can I be holding onto 8 lbs of water weight!?!? I haven't seen a number like that in about 9 months, and it is really, really disheartening. I've been eating the same as always the last 10 days, and have had 3 good workouts. I really, really don't want to move my ticker to reflect this insane weigh in. Should I just eat veggies, drink water, workout, and weigh in again in a week? Let me know if anyone else ever holds onto this much water weight. I usually just don't even weigh myself during my period, maybe I'm always this bloated. Holy crap, this is so not cool! :?::?::?:

Lovely 03-16-2008 02:45 PM

Well you definitely could be! I think you should wait until you're over your TOM before checking the scale again. (And don't move that ticker, yet, either.) Continuing eating healthy & exercising. :yes:

KendraLynn 03-16-2008 04:15 PM

Ditto. Keep on keeping on, and the scale will reflect it when TOM is gone.

skinny4me 03-16-2008 04:32 PM

I agree that you should wait until after TOM. Hormones are a crazy thing and anything is possible. Keep up your routine and don't get discouraged.

Glory87 03-16-2008 04:34 PM

Did you eat anything with a lot of sodium - a combination of Chipotle dinner (wow that rice is SO salty) + my period gave me a truly frightening scale reading earlier this week. That was gone by today!

JayEll 03-16-2008 04:35 PM

There is "bloated" and there is "abnormally dehydrated." If you are in the habit of taking a drug when you feel "bloated," you could be going around dehydrated most of the time. :dizzy:

Normally a woman's body water percentage is 45-60%, so you can see that a fluctuation of only 1% would mean a difference of almost 2 pounds, at your current weight.

I'd say, stay on plan for a week, drink plenty of water, try to avoid salty foods, and weigh again. See what the result is. But if it's still higher, then it could be that you have gained more than water weight. And then it would be time to look at what may not be working in your plan...

Jay

skinny4me 03-16-2008 04:36 PM

I forgot to add too that if you have had anything unusually high in salt it can also make you retain more especially at this TOM. I crave salt sometimes and seem to have more bloating at TOM than other times after having eaten it.

kittycat40 03-16-2008 08:11 PM

combine TOM and salt and hi carb and larger than usual portions-- 8 is not too crazy. 1-2 days of water, lower salt and whole grains should bring you home. I am living that right now! that and crazed rxns to DH's helpful advice (ha)