Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/180/145

Height: 5'6

Default Up Five Pounds, frustrated

Hi Everyone,

Recently I was sick for about two weeks, during the course of which I hit my lowest point since starting to lose weight (181) and then went back up to 185 where I've been sitting for another two weeks now.

In attempting to regain my losses I've been getting slowly back to my gym schedule, trying not to go at it too hard too fast, and I think I'm almost back to normal. My eating is still not back where it was, but I think a lot of that is due to a lack of motivation after putting back on so much weight within the space of about five days.

I'm trying to handle the gain well, but it's becoming very frustrating when I'm not seeing even an ounce of loss over two weeks.

Any advice to get myself back into it and to deal with the setback?

TIA
Titaniana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW~330 CW~291.4 GW~285

Height: 5'4

Well for me personally I wont weigh daily. It always frustrates me and makes me depressed. I weigh weekly. I do not guess on anything. I weigh, measure and track everything. I use myfitnesspal regularly. You can do this! If you eat off plan one mMeal or snack or whatever do not let it ruin your entire day. Make sure the next time you eat you get back on track. Increase your water! Come here and talk to us! You CAN do this!!!
JustB1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I completely understand the frustration of not losing over an extended period of time, just did my 4 week stats and I'm down 1.5 pounds in that time.

You may not like what I'm going to say, but because you were sick I'm not sure I'd count that low weight as legit. Don't worry about how low you thought you were just stick with where you are now. Now that you're feeling better and start working on getting that diet back in check. As I'm sure you know, diet is so much more important than even getting back into the gym to lose weight.

Try not to see the last little bit as a setback, you were sick, it happens to us all. It is a legitimate reason as to why you took some time off.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

If you were sick you may have been severely dehydrated which caused that low weight. Now that your body is back on track you may be retaining water because of the dehydration. Unless you ate enough calories above your BMR to make 5 pounds... that would be about an additional 15,000 calories, you haven't actually gained the weight back. Don't sweat it... just get back on track eating and exercising. In the long run 5 days doesn't make a huge difference. I weigh daily too and it's depressing when it goes up even when I'm on plan... but it's just he way the body works. The extra 5lb is probably not "fat" but just water retention.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
If you were sick you may have been severely dehydrated which caused that low weight. Now that your body is back on track you may be retaining water because of the dehydration. Unless you ate enough calories above your BMR to make 5 pounds... that would be about an additional 15,000 calories, you haven't actually gained the weight back. Don't sweat it... just get back on track eating and exercising. In the long run 5 days doesn't make a huge difference. I weigh daily too and it's depressing when it goes up even when I'm on plan... but it's just he way the body works. The extra 5lb is probably not "fat" but just water retention.
This exactly!!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Yep, don't worry about it. I gained 3lbs in a day once because of water. That was a record for me.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote