3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I kicked my Coke addiction! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/136835-i-kicked-my-coke-addiction.html)

CrazedLedZepFan 03-12-2008 10:31 AM

I kicked my Coke addiction!

I'm talking cola. It used to be the only thing I ever craved. I could drink 2 liters a day. I gave it up, and in the past 2 weeks haven't had any. I'm only drinking milk and water these days.
Then yesterday my bf stops by during work with a 20 ozer for me. I sent that sucker back with him! Wasn't even tempted to take a sip.

elisarae 03-12-2008 11:09 AM

Way to go girl! Kickin' that habit is HARD to do. Trust me....
I'm trying myself, Slowly weening off sweet tea and back to water & milk only. It's hard to do than some people think...ya know?

lumifan4ever 03-12-2008 11:10 AM

Wow that is great!!! Good for you for not drinking that soda. Even though you are getting calories from the milk, at least it has alot of vitamins and minerals going for it. Soda can be very hard to give up. Good for you for being able to do it!!! Congrats.

2old2quit 03-12-2008 11:11 AM

Good for you! I haven't had a cola in over 2 years! It was the next hardest thing to quit - smoking was the 1st & quitting smoking was why I gained 30 pounds. :mad:

Anyway, great for you - good for your body & your teeth to keep as much watery sugar drinks away!!

Keep it up!

Mayson 03-12-2008 11:18 AM

YAY Hard to do. I am trying to wean myself off diet drinks, people keep telling me the aspartame is bad for me, internet has very conflicting reports

Lovely 03-12-2008 11:44 AM

:carrot: :broc: :cb:

Hat Trick 03-12-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedLedZepFan (Post 2096338)
I'm talking cola.

LOL. When I first read your thread title I thought "Hmm, a crazed Led Zep fan has a coke addiction?" Figured you meant soda but found myself chuckling just the same. :D

SandiCO 03-12-2008 12:26 PM

Fabulous! Diet coke was my favourite thing before I quit. I still crave it - (I nice big 32 ounce with ice at the movies.)

Now I am drinking S. Pellegrino.

Beach Patrol 03-12-2008 12:40 PM

Way to go LedFan!!!!! - :hug: You done did good!!!! :cheer:

fiberlover 03-12-2008 12:42 PM

Good for you!! Giving up any addiction is hard.

mommyagain3 03-12-2008 12:59 PM

Good for you! That can be a really hard thing to give up. I also recently gave up dt. Mountain Dew. I have to say i feel great not drinking it. Its amazing what these foods can do to you.:carrot:

Beach Patrol 03-12-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyagain3 (Post 2096683)
Good for you! That can be a really hard thing to give up. I also recently gave up dt. Mountain Dew. I have to say i feel great not drinking it. Its amazing what these foods can do to you.:carrot:

I recently gave up Mtn Dew too. It's been my favorite soda all my life. I've given it up before. After a few months or years, I'd have one (usually to get the caffeine, LOL) and then get all hooked again.

This time it seems easier. I don't usually like diet drinks, but I tried, & LOVED Diet Dr. Pepper. The last time I had a Mtn Dew, it was just TOO DARN SWEET! - I didn't drink most of it! blech!

But nothing beats a good cold water .... especially in the heat of a summer day on the beach! ;) :D :carrot:

dgramie 03-12-2008 01:58 PM

Great Job giving up soft drinks. I havent had one in 6 weeks and my kidneys are much happier. I have given them up before and always just takes one to get me hooked again. I use to drink them when we went out to eat only. Now i am just drinking water.

LaBonita 03-12-2008 02:03 PM

Congrats! How did you do it? I'm trying to give up mtn. dew...it's so hard, and i can't seem to do it! :(

CrazedLedZepFan 03-12-2008 04:39 PM

I always had to have the full sugar kind, the fake stuff made me feel ill. When my daughter (who's 1) started whining and wanting a sip of my can (of course I never let her have any) I knew it was time to quit. I'm trying to set a healthier example for her, plus I'm cutting a ton of calories (I often drank 2 a day!!).

Basically I just didn't bring the stuff into my house. I got this giant water bottle at Wal-Mart and always kept it around so I would drink more water. Now I love drinking water, lol.