3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Suggestions needed, combatting hunger (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/136729-suggestions-needed-combatting-hunger.html)

Mayson 03-11-2008 09:43 AM

Suggestions needed, combatting hunger

So I decided yesterday I REALLY want to and will lose these last 10 or so lbs. I did 25 mins on the bike this morning, ate some oatmeal and some grapes but I am still hungry! Any suggestins what to do? Drink water, ignore it, is there something I could eat that is low fat/low cal to finally make me feel full?:?:

Lovely 03-11-2008 09:46 AM

How about something with protein in it? Low fat yogurt or cheese?

Lola125 03-11-2008 09:52 AM

All I can say is Fiber, Fiber, Fiber. I love the new fiber drink mix ins... ALL Bran and Special K. They have lots of Fiber

SandiCO 03-11-2008 09:57 AM

Lots of Water and Peppermint Tea will cut cravings between meals.

missingmyerica 03-11-2008 10:02 AM

In the morning I always eat some form of protein and it helps to keep me feeling full.

Example:
breakfast:
I prepare 1/4 cup steelcut oatmeal
3 eggwhites with spinach and a teaspoon of feta cheese

a couple of hours later I have a cup of herbal tea with a piece of fruit
and some ff yogurt

lunch:
usually a huge salad with tuna and veggies. I dress it with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of olive oil

snack:
fruit and a few almonds

before dinner snack:
sweet potato

dinner:
lot's of veggies
small piece of chicken or fish

snack:
fruit with yogurt

I honestly never feel hungry and I lose about 1-2 lbs a week.

Eat more often and have more protein. Let me know how it goes.:hug:

polkadotfever 03-11-2008 10:02 AM

grapes always made me more hungry. could just be me though.

yes drink water. lots of water. more fiber. more protein. if you could combine protein and fiber you'd be in good shape...like oatmeal and an egg white omelet or something like that.

good luck. you can do it!

Hat Trick 03-11-2008 10:15 AM

Try adding some protein powder (GNC has a brand that's vanilla flavored that's great) to the oatmeal. Try using milk instead of water. Personally, I like 2% milk (aaaahhhh there's FAT in that milk; run away, run away!!). Yes, and the fat helps keep me satisfied longer than if I used skim milk. Fat is ok in moderation. Is the oatmeal a prepackaged type or real oatmeal? The more 'fibery' the oatmeal (like the steelcut kind) the longer it fills you, the longer it takes your body to digest it and the more cals it uses to digest it. Missingmyerica's b-fast of steelcut oatmeal and eggwhite/spinach and feta cheese sounds fantastic. You are eating mostly carbs and no protein. You'll get ravenous doing this. Must add protein, must add protein. :D

I had a one egg, 2 white omlette w/.5 oz of american cheese and a big handful of mushrooms at 7:30am today. It's almost 10:30am and I'm just starting to get a little hungry going on. I'm going to have 1/2 banana w/a schmear of peanutbutter, go exercise for an hour then have lunch around 12:00pm. Might go for a chicken/onion/pepper/lf sourcream and sharp cheddar wrap. I'll have a snack this afternoon around 3:00pm or so. Maybe 1/2 apple w/pbutter; maybe a cheese sticke w/some multigrain wheat things. Haven't decided on dinner yet but, well you get the idea.

Mayson 03-11-2008 10:40 AM

Thanks everyone, tomorrow I will try to add protein with my breakfast. Maybe some eggs and an all bran bar.

JayEll 03-11-2008 10:48 AM

Hey! The idea is to eat lower in calories, but still get healthy nutrition. Don't sacrifice nutrition! You could have a hard boiled or soft boiled egg along with your oatmeal and grapes, and I guarantee that you'll feel less hungry. :D

Jay

peachcake 03-11-2008 11:01 AM

I have recently added an cooked egg (no fat added in cooking) to go with my baked apple oatmeal in the morning. Works for me.

pamatga 03-11-2008 11:16 AM

All great suggestions

just echo what they have said. When I feel hungry and it's usually around 7:30-8 pm, I have a small apple with a stick of reduced fat string cheese. Seems to work for me because I keep doing it!

You can do this!! :cp: :cb: