Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/137/125

Height: 5'3''

Default looking for support

I've been reading some of your posts for the past couple days, you guys seem really great. I'm ready to throw myself into this forum.

I'm 17 years old, I'm still living with my dad. This wouldn't be a problem for anything, but we move around a LOT (I'm not talking a few times a year, I mean like, usually 2 times a week) because his girlfriend keeps getting us kicked out of places (she yells when she doesn't get her way).

Anyways, I've tried talk to him about her, but he's convinced that if "he doesn't look after her, no one will" (she's just spoiled, there's nothing wrong with her. she gets whatever she wants when she yells because he hates us having to move just as much as I do).

Anyways, I'm not huge or anything, but I could stand to lose a few pounds. I'm 5'4'' and 140 (sometimes a few pounds less) and I'd like to be around 125-130. The problem is, with all the moving (hotel to hotel) home cooking just isn't feasible. Which leaves us eating fast food everyday. I know if I could cut the fast food out (or maybe try the healthier menu items) I could reach my goal, but sometimes I'm just so stressed from everything that I can't help reaching for the cheeseburger.
thecolourblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/137/125

Height: 5'3''

I also forgot to add that somehow eating like this I've lost ten pounds, but my weightloss has stalled and I don't know what to do from here.

I know I should be going to the gym more often (I try to go once a week, but with all the moving I just wind up feeling to stressed and tired to trek across town and go running with the people who are in shape there).

I'd like to get a treadmill, I know I'd use that all the time, while watching TV, or whatever. I love treadmills. The money isn't the problem, but with the moving all the time, it would be really difficult to carry a treadmill around all the time.
thecolourblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

I'd say, you don't need to worry too much about your weight. That's a good thing!

But, I would also say, going to the gym is a good idea--it always helps to stay fit, and will help you not to put on any extra pounds. And, cutting out fast foods and eating better quality foods will definitely help. I think if you did those two things, you'd see a couple of pounds drop off in the next month.

Check out the Calorie Counters forum and some of the other programs on 3FC.

Sorry to hear about your living situation--how do you get to school? Gosh... It must be hard to cope with having such an unstable home life.

Hang in there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

welcome!

honestly working out might help with some of the stress - it sounds like your living situation & dad's gf are a huge part of that, but exercise releases endorphins and fun stuff like that so it really might make you feel better, even though going cross-town seems unappealing.

you're about my size (height and weight) and while i know that's not a bad size to be i understand wanting to take a few lbs off! eating better will definitely help, but i understand how hard that will be in your situation. is it possible to go to a grocery store and at least pick up some lean cuisine kind of thing or something off the salad bar? i used to do that for lunches at work instead of the burger king down the street and it helped me lose some weight.

good luck to you!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Blue

That's very rough I, too, think that adding in some exercise would be beneficial. You don't have to buy a treadmill. There's always the great outdoors. Or! Work-out dvds.

I wish you the best
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote