3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Steel Magnolias #142 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/13575-steel-magnolias-142-a.html)

Maggie 02-18-2002 06:03 PM

Steel Magnolias #142

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Time to start a new page since we have gone to two. Please go read the 2nd page if you wish.......:D

WELCOME TO ALL WHO COME HERE AND READ.

SHARON how nice that you have decided to join us. Whatever we can do to help you during your way to thin will be our pleasure. Having you with us will help us for sure. Leave that lapse behind you and begin again this day.

GLORIA now please tell me what you stuff your artichokes with. I always have just boiled the things. You will do fine at those two upcoming events you are planning to attend. Just keep your FOCUS and plan accordingly. It will work.

JEAN how nice for you that you have a day off. Are you attacking that stack of magazines and papers? AH I see them shrinking. I doubt if they do grow artichokes in Iowa. Need a warmer winter I think.

GAIL you are doing well with your program girl. Keep it up ~ the momentum will astound you. Speaking of NATASHA I am messaging with her as I type on MSN.;) So you don't have the day off......guess it is the govt offices and banks that are closed.

CINDY It is good to have you back. How has your week been going for your program?

I have been having a good day this day. Did a re-run of that lasagna and cooked it again and the noodles got soft. It is good and next time for the Cowboy I will add some sort of meat. I sure hope that Iron Monster is kind to this ole lady this afternoon. I have stuck to the numbers and can think of nothing I messed up on royally.:?: I deserve a loss. Yep ~ I deserve it for all my hard work.:lol:

Everyone have a great afternoon.

Maggie 02-18-2002 11:38 PM

Day #42

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I'ts me again..... just in to tell you that I lost for the 6th week in a row. I am down another 2.6 pounds and am very happy about it.

All ya'all have a great Tuesday which is coming up with a wake up.

Maggie 02-19-2002 12:41 PM

Day #43

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I can see clearly now the headache is gone. I had one whopper yesterday. It is fixin' to be a nice beautiful sunshiney day here in the neighborhood. This being a low point day I think I will do a brunch and a dinner. Yep, that will work. A friend sent me a chicken recipe I would like to try. Have a good Tuesday all you flowers and drink up that water. I bought myself a reward last evening and that is one of the new WW water jugs with a straw. It is sitting here beside me as I type.:D Our meeting was on water and it reinforced to me just how important it is to drink it.

Catch you all later.

Jean 02-19-2002 05:30 PM

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
This was a busy place yesterday! I was so happy to see all of the new posts . . . it's almost like a Cutie reunion! :D

Sharon -- right now I am still feeding my original stray mother cat (this is our 3rd winter together and I still can't get close to her) with a few others (tom cats ??) who visit from time to time. I did find a home for last winter's kitten who lived in our shed along with her 4 kittens; they went to live with a fellow teacher who actually collects cats! I think he has pretty close to 30 and all have names and are spayed or neutered. The other 4 kittens went to live on a farm, the original daddy cat got run over on the highway and is buried on a friend's farm, and the "brother" cat disappeared when we were on vacation last summer. Aren't you glad you asked? :lol: Your cat sounds like a BIG guy! I'm glad to see you here and you know that your are most welcome to the flower patch. I am in a slump called NO motivation but I get up each morning with the idea that it will be a better day than the day before! Join us and we can do this together!

Gail -- nice to see you too! :smug: My day off wasn't long enough but I did get a few things done. We are having company this weekend so have my list of what I want to get done. I was sorry to read about your uncle. It's always sad to lose a family member.

Cindy -- enjoy your trip to Texas! :) Are you flying or driving?

Maggie -- I did get rid of lots of OLD magazines that I thought I was going to back and read someday. I also got on a catalog mailing list so have lots of those taking up space no more! I'm sure the garbage man wondered what was in the heavy sacks. :eek: If you like your new chicken recipe, will you share it? I'm always looking for new things to eat but I don't like trying new recipes. Mine never turn out like the pictures or taste as good as they sound. Again, a big congratulations on another GREAT loss . . . you are doing just super!

WW is tonight so I'd better get a move on. It won't be pretty but I am going anyway.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers!

Jean -- :wave: from Iowa!

GailR 02-19-2002 08:05 PM

Hi! :wave: A quick post before the Olympics come on. I'm a big fan--I've been watching almost every night. :D

Maggie! Congratulations! Your losses are phenomenal! I looked over the hearty chili recipe you sent me and I'm definitely gonna buy the ingredients for that on Friday night when I grocery shop. Thanks! Okay...I'm ending a 25-point day. Today wasn't so bad...except for Girl Scout cookies being delivered. You would've been proud--I didn't open one box! One box is going with Wayne to work tomorrow. I left the other box opened with a "help yourself" note attached at work this evening--there are a lot of profs teaching at night and I know when I go in tomorrow morning they will be gone! :) Now...tomorrow is going to be an 23-point day. I sat down with my journal and I have it all planned out.

Jean, I guess it did seem that way and I noticed your post had all veteran cuties in it! :lol: Of course, only the best cuties are left! I hope you had a good weigh-in tonight! We've got to help you get your motivation back--its there--you just have to dig down deep within you. Just like Maggie's "thin within" girl inside of her. You have one too, you know! :) My uncle had been sick for a long time--he had diabetes and he was also on dialysis three times a week and was really very depressed towards the end. He had a heart attack and went very quickly. It's just sad because my Dad was the one to find him. And he'll surely be missed as I'm used to seeing him everytime I visited Mom and Dad.

Well...I hope y'all are sitting down...you are? ;) I walked on the treadmill tonight--its been a long time since I started that thing up!

Hope all have a wonderful night...

Gail

Maggie 02-19-2002 11:17 PM

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Well I made it through this day with all my points consumed. I have been concentrating on drinking water and more water.

JEAN I didn't try out that new chicken recipe today after all but will let you know after I do for I am really going to. Cowboy grilled some chcken breast meat tonight to put on a green salad. I made a pot of that one point a cup Chili that is in the Jan - Feb issue of the WW magazine. If you would like the recipe I can e-mail it to you if you don't have that magazine. It is good and freezes nicely so thay say since it makes a large pot. Pretty or not I admire you for going to WW and taking what comes.

GAIL way to go COOKIES for the profs. You did good and I am very proud of you. You are going to just love this ~ the neighbor lady brought over half a freshly baked chocolate cake this afternoon. Nope, I didn't have any because I was going to spend my remaining points on dinner. Since this is an 18 point day for me I was being very watchful ~ I spent mine of real food like you and left the goodies for others. Clap, clap clap..... you go girl ~ got on that treadmill did you! Sounds serious. :D

Have a good day tomorrow all ya'll, nighters.

GailR 02-20-2002 06:52 PM

Not a whole lot going on with me really. And THAT can be looked upon as a GOOD thing, right? :) Maggie, I had to chuckle when you said you made it through the day with all your points consumed. First of all, I was chuckling at the part where ALL the points were consumed. I hear you on that one! Believe me, I eat every point I'm allowed!!! Making it through the day, though, I know is a major challenge some days...so that's great you did!

Right now I am waiting for some potatoes to cool so I can make chunky potato salad (yes, its a WW recipe) and if its any good I'll give y'all the recipe. But its gotta be "Gail-approved".

Cindy, I meant to say to you last time I posted, that moving to the U.S. and getting married and getting all settled in had to be an experience! Will any of your family be visiting you anytime soon?

Jean, how did you do at weigh-in last night? :)

Later...

Gail

Maggie 02-20-2002 08:28 PM

Day #44

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Flowers it has been a wonderful day. The sun was shining and I got some things I wanted to do done. Like transfering files off my hard drive on to floppies. I was running to close to the full mark and wanted to free up a little bit anyway. And I have started doing more walking......

JEAN where art thou with thy weigh in report? This is a brand new day and a beginning of better things.

GAIL Yes please do give me that recipe for potato salad if it turns out good. If not - well give it to me anyway and I'll see what I can do to improve it.:p Were those cookies gone this morning?

All you flowers out there have a good evening.

Jean 02-20-2002 11:17 PM

Good Evening, Flowers!
It is raining here tonight and close to freezing temperatures so I'm hoping for a late start tomorrow! :p Well, I was up 1.5# last night; why is it that I can stay OP until the weekend and then blow it? GRRRR! We are having company this weekend; my dad turns 85 on Sunday. Saturday night our church is having a prime rib dinner with a local theater group performing afterwards. I don't care for prime rib so that won't be a problem but the rest of the dinner may prove to be a challenge. We shall see. Our son, daughter-in-law, and daughter will all be home so I am looking forward to it!

Gail -- congrats on getting rid of the GS cookies! Ours should be coming soon -- I bought some at school and DH bought some at the office. :mad: I am going to put mine in the teachers' lounge! Be sure to let us know how the potato salad turns out -- that sounds so good right now!

Maggie -- I would appreciate the chili recipe. My WW magazine subscription ran out and I haven't renewed it yet. SOOOOOO, what happened to the chocolate cake? You have tremendous will power if you can pass that up! :T

I didn't get home until 7:30 tonight as I had a much needed perm after school. I am heading for bed!

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers! See you tomorrow.

nanacas 02-21-2002 10:57 AM

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Yesterday was another busy day. First my good news is I am down 1.5#. I am not going to WW but doing what I learned thru many years of going. DH & I made goal and lifetime in Dec. '99 & July '00 respectivly. Last year I went over and couldn't see paying each month till I could get myself back on track. Well I have started and I have 15# to go. It may take a while but I will do it. Went to the tax people yesterday and they will have them done next week so that is another good thing done yesterday.
We will have Sean & Kerri, GKs and their Chocolate Lab for the weekend. DD#2 and SIL are going away for a winter break. Planning some cookie making and maybe a movie (either video or to the Cinema haven't decided). They love to cook and eat so the cookies should be gone by Sunday or they go home with them.:D

JEAN I know what you mean. Weekends can be so disheartening. It is hard to be good when everyone else is enjoying life. Keep at it and you will succeed.

MAGGIE Boy are you computer literate. I need to copy to a floppy, too, but I am chicken. One of these days I think I will take a course so I actually know what I am doing. You asked what I stuffed the artichokes with, well, it has been so long but if I remember correctly it was a light bread, parmesan cheese stuffing. After cutting off the stem and taking out the choke you trim the hard point of the leaves and open up the leaves so you can stuff, not only the center, but put some between the leaves. Don't forget to rub lemon juice on the cut surfaces so they won't discolor. Place them upright in a pan and I think we used a tomato sauce to cook them in. What I can't remember is how long. I am the only one here that likes artichokes so I don't think I will be making any soon. :(

Hi GAIL I think I will have to use your method of getting rid of Girl Scout cookies. GD has already sold us some. Don't know when they will be delivered.

Gloria in MA....need to get going on the day. Have a great Thursday Flowers.

Maggie 02-21-2002 01:27 PM

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

What a glorious day it is going to be. This is a rather low point day for me so I haven't yet started eating. I must get my day planned before I do dig in.

JEAN now that little gain is not so un pretty after all. {{{{{{{HUG}}}}} You can get rid of that and take some of it's friends along if you get hold and hang tight of your FOCUS. I don't think we will be having any of those cookies come our way this year. The cake? Well I did scoop about a 1/2 teaspoon of the frosting off the corner and charged myself a point but didn't eat any of the cake. Nope didn't. You should be receiving that chili recipe via e-mail soon. I didn't dice my veggies small - bigger chunks more like a stew.

GLORIA CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss. Now you are ahead of your wanting to lose a pound a week. Nice to have a little edge. Keep it up and you will have those 15 gone before you know it since time passes us by so quickly. But don't forget to breathe. Thanks for the 411 on your artichoke stuffing ~ don't mind if I don't try that :D I think I will stick to just boiling them. Today I am making Flatbread with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Rosemary , and Provolone. It serves 12 and is 3.5 Points per slice. I think I will cut it in half and give it to the nice lady that brought over that chocolate cake yesterday. I oven roasted the tomatoes yesterday so it isn't that much work to get it together today.

Good morning to all of you Flowers out there. Have a great day making progress on the road to thin.

Sharon 02-21-2002 03:59 PM

Hi everyone!

Maggie, congratulations for that wonderful loss. You are doing so well. Right now I get through the day on program and blow it at night. I will get there again. I am glad your headache is better.

Gloria, I really enjoy artichokes, but don't have the time to stuff them. I bet it is good that way. Of course, we love to go to the coast and get french fried artichokes. I guess that is one of those things to do in moderation. Lot's once a year considered moderation????:dizzy: Congratulation on your loss. That is terrific

Jean, I have always enjoyed hearing about your cats. Yes, our new guy is a moose, but he is so sweet. He was neutered when he found us. I am sad for the folks that lost him. He is so sweet. Just a big Tabby. We will get back on program again. We may slow down for a while but never to the point of quitting.

Cindy, my son's wife has family somewhere in Texas. At least now is the time of year to go. Shouldn't be to hot.

Maggie, I hope this is not a bad question. I have been known to stick my foot in my mouth. Do you still have your cat? You used to talk about him a lot.

Hi Gail! We have already been yaking today. Are you going to w.w. tonight?

It has been nice skimming this thread. You all seem to be motivated. Yes, you to Jean. And all seem so cheery. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I have been on program and will stay there tonight. No more fooling around. :mad: The sun is out and beautiful and that always makes me feel better. My son and dil are coming in from Colorado this weekend and I think the whole family will get together on Sunday and BBQ. The weather is supposed to still be great. I can't wait. They haven't been back since Christmas.

Have a great day and I will try to check in tomorrow. :wave:

GailR 02-21-2002 08:48 PM

Hi everyone! :wave: I thought before women's figure skating comes on I can get in here quickly to post. Well, I blew it this evening! Yes...you read correctly. I may have lost this day's battle but not the war and am guzzling water like a madwoman. I also made sure I walked on the treadmill tonight in hopes of combatting the stupid damage I did with food. I read somewhere how one woman says she has an "inner brat"...I think I have an inner brat inside me sometimes. :rolleyes: Anyway...

Sharon, I haven't been to Thursday weigh-ins in ages--I've been going on Saturday mornings; however, I'm going to miss this Saturday's weigh-in as I think Wayne and I are going to Atlantic City, NJ for the day to see the big car show and auction at the convention center. And yes, I will behave myself. Then I started thinking that the following weekend we're going to Virginia Beach, VA to see the parents so I had better go weigh-in on Wednesday morning BEFORE work. You know I cannot let TWO weeks go without me weighing in--that is not a good thing for me!

Maggie, did you know it helps when you put FOCUS in bright blue?! :lol: I've been saying that over and over lately--"focus Gail, focus"! Thanks for the support--I've really needed it lately. BTW, those cookies I set out for the profs were all gone! But more appeared today in the workroom...but you know that didn't bother me. Oh nooooo...that inner brat inside of me waited until I got home to make her appearance! But I'll be okay!

Gloria, congratulations on that great loss! :D And you're doing it on your own? I'm in awe! I've proven to myself that I cannot do it on my own...but I do know of a lot of people who have! Perhaps I should've said I could if I wanted to. I think its all in the attitude and you have it.

Jean, that little bit will come off! It will! Just keep trying! Know what? I don't care for prime rib either! I never have. But I sure do love just about everything else....except....

I HAVE NEVER EATEN AN ARTICHOKE! :lol: I don't think I would know what to do with one if someone gave me one! They are not the friendliest looking food you know!

I guess I'll go and log off...re-fill my glass with iced water and settle in to watch the rest of the Olympics...

Gail

Maggie 02-21-2002 10:24 PM

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Not good for me today to make that Focaccia bread. OH since it is a low point day I sure set myself up with that RED LIGHT food. But, alas Thin Within came to the rescue and said :nono: have some low point chili for dinner and stay within your point boundaries.

SHARON you could use some FOCUS in the evenings. Pay attention and don't succumb to what ever food is calling your name. Ignore it's call and it will soon start leaving you alone. True story. Hon, Turn is still the ruller of the roost at the ripe age of 5. He is a delight and still plays fetch. :D

GAIL girl you too need to hang tight to your FOCUS. Tell that Brat to cease and desist. Thin Within would love to help you if you will listen to her instead. She is within all of us and we need to heed what she says.:cool: And get yourself a friendly artichoke and trim the tips off the leaves ~ put it in a pot with boiling water to cover it and let it boil for about 45 minutes. Then peal off a leaf and scrape it between your teeth..... YUM. Good friendly vegetable.

Have a good evening all you Flowers and here she is.......

Jean 02-21-2002 11:14 PM

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am on a mission to pick up the house tonight before I go to bed. I miss having my Thursday nights since bell choir has started again. We are having company this weekend and I need to do some fast cleaning tomorrow when I get home from school.

Gloria -- congratulations on the 1.5 #s that are GONE forever! Have a fun weekend with your grandkids and your granddog! :lol:

Maggie -- thanks for the recipe! I haven't read my email yet but I will look forward to it. I'd hate to tell you how many times I have eaten cake when we have been "out and about" only to be disappointed in the taste. I am so unconscious that I eat the whole thing and then am mad at myself because it wasn't even good! :mad: You did well to just have a lick! I also like your blue FOCUS! I need to do more of that! Thanks for the hug!

Sharon -- what is your cat's name and does he live in your house now? I still think that strays make good pets; they seem to appreciate you more. :D Have a nice visit with your son and daughter-in-law!

Gail -- I love the idea of the INNER BRAT! Since I am an "only" I can relate! :p I just wish my "thin within" would show up more often!

Have a GREAT weekend, Flowers! I am so glad tomorrow is the end of another week!