Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #1  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Default I Caved

Ok, so yesterday I made choc chip cookies (of course homemade -- I mean really is there any other kind? ). Yes, I'm trying to lose weight and I make cookies. What can I say, I'm looney. So I ate 4 cookies - 1 b/4 dinner, 1 after dinner and 2 while watching Lost. I don't even like choc chip cookies. I only like them when they are still warm (yeah, yeah heating them up the next day for 10 sec in the microwave achieves this very well). So ok, I ate them. Then I ate several, several, handfulls of cheese puffs. Oh they are so tasty! Especially the soft ones (cheese puffs connoisseurs know what I mean). I felt somewhat guilty but also know this is just par for the course. I woke up today with that 'ugh, why did I do that' feeling but shrugged it off. I enjoyed what I ate and today is another day.

So I didn't really feel like exercising and was kittyfooting around (ooo, must update my ipod, must adjust my headphones 12 times, must fix the squeek going on w/the TM) but I did go down and do it. I decided I really didn't feel like doing those high intensity intervals so I just ran at a decent pace instead. I was mentally not into it at all. Then something kicked in and it felt great and Murphy's Law being what it is, I was at this point short on time. Got in about 25 min when I had to stop to take my kid to the bus, but came back home and hopped on and did another 12 min. Figured it would help compensate for yesterdays attack of the killer cookies. Then I did a yoga tape. Rodney Yee's A.M. Yoga. Anyone ever do one of his w/o's? You can have your Arnolds and your PX90 bods, Rodney Yee an absolute perfect specimen of the male form. I'm a yoga novice - no, less than that - so I have to look at what he is doing. When he places one hand on his lower belly and the other on his solar plexis !!! Let's just say that he is more than ready for his close up, Mr. DeMille. Let's just say that RY is very, very -- um, fit.

So back on track today, good b-fast and will cut back a bit on the cals. I think I'll look into yoga some more. Makes me feel taller.

Namaste.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 02-29-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

You may have cave lastnight but like you said today is a new day and you are already right back on track - good for you!

Your cave was just life and those sort of things happen to all of us just look at it as a way of making you stronger in your journey of weight loss.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 294/282/150

Height: 5.4

Good for you for getting back an track. That is what will make you successful.
2thinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #4  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Yes, good for you. Everybody caves in at times. You're smart to get right back on the horse. I've experienced what you did with the exercise—totally not into it but after a while, you get in the zone. It wouldn't happen if you hadn't gotten on the treadmill in the first place. Way to go!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I find myself caving right around period time,, right before its like I can never get full ,, so NEW DAY TODAY! good turn around!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #6  

I must look into this Rodney Yee fellow....

Sounds like you have the right attitude about it all. You did what you did and there's no undoing it, so move on with your life! As for yoga, I definitely see the "feel taller" aspect of it. And you know what that does, right? Makes you look skinnier!

Your post cracked me up, thanks for sharing

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 02-29-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelled the dude's name wrong :P
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I must look into this Rodney Lee fellow....

Sounds like you have the right attitude about it all. You did what you did and there's no undoing it, so move on with your life! As for yoga, I definitely see the "feel taller" aspect of it. And you know what that does, right? Makes you look skinnier!

Your post cracked me up, thanks for sharing
I LOVE Rodney Yee. I've been a fan of his for a while and I may get the opportunity to work with him soon (production). He sometimes has stuff on OnDemand or Exercise TV if you have it.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #8  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

SuiteJBE -- I never thought about it but you're right, that 'feeling taller' from yoga would give the 'slimmer' look. I think I'll visit Mr. Yee more often -- whether I do the w/o or not! Thanks.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #9  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I've done those yoga videos!!! Rodney Yee is very fit and has an awesome body. I like his voice too, lol.

Don't worry about slipping up... just get back on track. I ate super buttery popcorn last night... oops. Now I am headed to the gym.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Congrats on your "bounce-back" from your "cave"!!

And Rodney Yee?

Yeah, um-hmmmmm! OK!

<~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Beach Patrol runs off to to buy a Rodney Yee Yoga DVD....
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #11  

WOW! He's pretty... impressive.

And while we're on the subject, has anyone ever done one of Ana Brett & Ravi Singh's yoga DVDs? Of course, Ana poses on all the covers, but BOY does Ravi's narration encourage me to practice. He's gotta have just about the sexiest voice I've ever heard.

Sorry to detour the thread...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Heehee, ya'll crack me up..

I'd recommend one extra thing, if you can...figure out what went wrong that led to the bad choice. PMS? Taking the first bite of cookie and not stopping yourself before moving onto more cookies? Getting too hungry/tired/cranky? Baking the cookies in the first place, if they're a trigger food?

Obviously, I'm on team "forgive yourself and move on". But it can be useful to know what went wrong so you can try to prevent it in the future.

Take me, for instance. Today, I also made cookies...and nosedived into the dough. Oops. But I did take a second to figure out what it was (if one goes on an hour and a half long bike trek, having eaten only a Slimfast while running out the door this morning, one should probably EAT before baking cookies, or the dough will be WAY too tempted to your starving body!). That way, each little "blip" becomes a learning experience, so you learn ways to avoid the same pitfalls in the future.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote