Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 12:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Can the flu be spread by the internet??? My DH came home yesterday with it. he has a 102.7 temperature this morning and is sleeping now. I am overloading on Vit C in an effort to prevent the attack on myself!!! Don't know if it will work. But I'm trying.
Well today was my diet change. I went to bed last night feeling really horrible about my weight. We took the kids to chick e cheese yesterday and i ate 6 pieces of pizza!!! I got on the scale this morning and it said 135. A lb gain. I should have known. So today I'm cutting out the carbs. Or I should say cutting them down to break my stall and get off these last few lbs! I'm only doing it for two weeks though. Then back to more healthy eating. I'll keep everyone posted on it. But it has always worked before so I know it will work this time. Low carb works fast on me I just get tired of my food choices after a while. But I was thinking about what I've been eating lately. Lots of pasta and breads. I think I am addicted to carbs. So I figure I'll cut them down and that should help me.
Misty you are so lucky. Enjoy your trip and we can't wait to hear all about it when you return! My Dh and I are going to try and get away for our anniversary this april. I hope so. We havne't did anything the past two years because of me being pregnant constanly. But now that we figured out what causes that we are going to enjoy a pregnant free anniversary this year. It will be a nice chnage.
Ginny I hope you don't get sick too. But if you do or think you are take some vit c and prepare your body for it. Drink more fluids and stock up on flu medicine or whatever you use. We want you to get better FAST! But hopefully you won't get it ay all.
Well we took the kids to chuck e cheese yesterday. It was thier first time to go. It was so much fun seeing the delight on their little faces. We really wore them out! I can't wait to go again.
Well that's all that's new around here.
Don't beat yourself up about that chocolate bar Jackie. Did you enjoy it? Then it was worth it. Just drink a little more water today and clean vigorously! I think dieting is a full time job sometimes.
talk to you girls later!
Old 02-22-2002, 02:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Ginny & Spryng: Sorry to hear that you both have sick ones @ home. I told DS that he was well enough to go to school this a.m. I also told him that he was taking the bus. He went out for the bus & waited l0 minutes longer than usual & then I said: "Great, you missed the bus!" DH volunteered to take him to school. On the way to school, they went past the H.S. on the way to DS middle school & the parking lot was empty & when they got to the M.S., same thing! I forgot....this was their snow day!! So much for looking @ the calendar!! So...he's having fun staying @ home today & not having to worry about "faking it"
He actually did something productive. He got my computer's browser working again. Ginny: This is why I couldn't get into the 3FC's website. Spryng: Chuck "E" Cheese has great pizza & I hope you enjoyed your night out, including the pizza. Pizza also has a lot of sodium in it, which can add instant, but temporary pounds. Good Luck!
Well, ds wants the computer back again. I snuck on while he was eating lunch. Have a great weekend!
Old 02-23-2002, 10:34 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!
Spryng~ how is Dh feeling????? I hope that the fever passed quickly and that you are doing ok too! Mommys are not allowed to get sick and most men are such awful patients! Jackie is right about the sodium in the pizza. It tastes so darned good, but is loaded with salt!!!!!!!!!!! I hear ya with the carbo addition, I have that problem too and really have to watch my carbs. You will get over this hurdle and sound as though you have a sound action plan. Hang in there!

Jackie~was there something in the air yesterday??????
I drove Dd and her buddy to ballet class............only to find out that the studio was closed! (duh) Glad that your computer is working ok now. This thread would not be the same without you! Glad that your Ds is feeling better too! How are you feeling? Got your spunk back?

Well, I had a busy day. Half way thru the day we decided to move some furniture..... and I was not going to move the china closet without painting behind it. (it is so heavy that once it is moved I do not want to move it again!) So, I painted 2 walls which has started a chain reaction.......... Gotta go get more paint Monday! I did manage to get a walk in before my temporary insanity hit, however.
BTW- Ds spike a 104.5 fever at 3 pm yesterday, which put me out of my comfort zone so off to the Dr we went!!!! She looked at his throat and immediately suspected a bacterial infection and put him on antibiotics then (without waiting for the culture). Good move for her, the culture came back postive this morning for strep.
He is already better, although still not even close to normal.
Well, gotta go pick up Dd from a party. Hope that your weekend is going well!
Ginny
Old 02-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #19  

Angry

Good Day, all!

I hope that "all is well" @ Ginny & Spryngs house Those high fevers are enough to scare us 1/2 to death! If we don't hear from Ginny today, I know where she'll be!! (In her living room finishing her paint job!) Otherwise, she's probably playing "nurse" to Mark. I sure hope that he's feeling almost back to normal by now. Well, today is Monday again & it's time for me to really take weightloss seriously again. DH & I went to a friends 40th Birthday Party on Saturday night. One of the gals there was taking "group" shots of the party. I did not want to get in the picture, but they insisted that I did! Thank goodness everytime I "hopped" on the side, another "larger" man sandwiched me in!
If it wouldn't have been for him, I would have been totally devistated! He was my Guardian Angel for the night! We also started planning a camping trip for this summer with a few couples from the party. I finally have 2 goals to work towards: 1. Losing the extra baggage to look good.
2. Losing enough weight that I can FINALLY get up on waterski's again! Another reason is that there will be a wife there from our group of friends that was born beautiful & hasn't changed a bit since she was a teenager, besides maybe getting more beautiful! She still has a figure of a slender teenager! (No hips either & such a tiny waist!) I'm not trying to be a clone of hers, just look better than what I do now! I think that I will join Spryng with a few weeks of the low-carb life. I need a jump start & I know this should help somewhat. Don't worry, I won't abuse the plan, okay? I can't believe that I'm the one who's going to try this low-carb system. I feel like a hypocrite, as I have talked this kind of system down in the past, but I'm also starting to feel like a "HIPPO" too! This week is a great week to start this plan too! DH will not be home for the most part of the week & also plans on snowmobiling this coming weekend, so I don't have to cook much! YAY!!
Well, I haven't taken my shower for the day yet, so I'd better get going. See yah later!
Old 02-25-2002, 05:46 PM   #20  

Hello everyone!! I have some great news!! I lost a lb!!! Actually 2 because I was at 135 before I weighed yesterday. When I weighed yesterday it said 133. I was too shocked so I didn't post it. I wanted to wait until today to see if it was true or not and this morning it said the same!!! I'm so thrilled. I didn't do it by low carb though. I wanted to try the atkins for two weeks to break my stall but after breakfast and lunch that day I was feeling really bad so i had mac n cheese for dinner and felt much better. I decided to just be better on this low cal diet. I'm cutting down on packaged foods and getting my water in and I think it worked because I lost two lbs since then without really trying to. I was very suprised to see the scale had moved down!!!
Thanks everyone for thier support of my sick DH. he's all better now. It only lasted two days. But now my one year old son has a fever so I know my little girl will have it to. But they are taking thier medicine and Ava (my dd) is taking her vitamins so maybe that will speed this up and they will get better faster. Now I'm worried about me. I got to thinking about it and I haven't had the flu since before my kids were born!! I don't think I could take care of them very well if I got this too so I'm trying to take care of me to avoid it but my throat is starting to feel sore and I think it may be too late! Any suggestions on how to head it off???
Sounds like you have been busy Ginny!! When you get tired of painting you can come help us landscape our yard!! That should burn a few calories.
Jackie I am an advocate of low carb eating. I know people say how unhealthy it is but it was worked for me so many months ago and I felt great in it. But if you are going to try atkins remember that it takes a few days for your body to adjust to the carb change and you will feel tired alot but after day three or four you will feel great! So if that's what you want to do then I'm behind you 100% . I have been on it a total of 6 times. The first three days were the hardest for me but after that the weight slips off easily and you have renewed energy. But this time around my body was rejecting it. I think I may be starting to hate the taste of meat and eggs. I'm just so burned out on it. even on low cal I don't hardly touch the stuff. But if you love meat and eggs and cheese then low carb is the way to go. Let us know what you decide to do ok?
Well I wanted to share my good news with you all. Hopefully my stall is over and now I can stop whining about it. But more than likely I'll just find something else to whine about!
Talk to you girls later!!
Old 02-25-2002, 09:51 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
I decided to check in to provide entertainment for everyone tonite.
We had a crazy weekend......... and it all started with the stupid painting in the dining room. P.S. I did not get the second gallon of paint yet...........keep reading........... Well, we live in a 4 bedroom raised ranch. 3 bedrooms are upstairs; the master br, a nice sized corner br with 2 windows, and a small br with one window. Downstairs is the 4th br, fairly big with 2 windows.
After all the cleaning and stuff from the dining room (and I only painted 2 walls!)- Dd (yup, the 15 year old) decided that at long last she wanted the downstairs br (privacy and her own bathroom)- which opened up her upstairs br for Ds (previous occupant of the small 1 window br). Then Dd (6) could move upstairs to the small br, which although she was losing a lot of space, was a gain for her because she wanted to be upstairs.
Soooooooooo a 3 way switcheroo was on! Furniture and junk (lots and lots of junk) flying all over the house.......dust all over the place.........ah paradise! We get to the point where the one with the most stuff, the 15 year old is %80 downstairs and she returns to her upstairs room for a few more items and..............
starts crying uncontrollably! The thought of her brother in her room, and giving up the room she has been in since 16 months of age (and also the internal battle in her for adult/child) and she is a wreck. Bless him (although right now I am ready to strangle him for not doing homework!), her brother rose to the occasion and agreed to go downstairs (still a win for him, as he had the small br and is now in a bigger room, away from HER! ). And the little Dd is happy as a clam upstairs (easier to find Mommy and Daddy in the middle of the nite). So more furniture moving- at 8pm to get Dd back upstairs in the corner br and Ds down. Most of the furniture moving and stuff was finally settled at 10pm.
And of course I was running all over making sure that everyone had "made" beds with clean sheets.
Pfew!!!!!! Did that make any sense?
So, I spent a lot of today attempting to restore law and order - and slowly getting our 6 year old set up in the new room. I still have a long way to go........... And Dd declared at dinner that she will now attempt to keep her room neat from now on! Wanna bet? (still looks as though a herd of elephants tore thru it).

On to you ladies...............
Spryng- WTG on losing those 2 #! How are you feeling? Can you stomach the Celestial Seasonings echinacea tea??? Actually, it has a pleasant taste and I think helps. Great for you that Dh is feeling better!!!!! I hope that you stay healthy!

Jackie- great that you have an easier week with little cooking!
(I love to cook but it is a grind at times). Enjoy the "vacation"!
Great time to get lots of projects done at home, or if I know you time at the Y! Good to hear that you got your inspiration back for dieting. I know that you will not overdo it with the low carbs.
Just stay away from the hourly weigh ins, ok?

I am one tired cookie, and still have a few things to do here.
Have a great nite, and thanks for putting up with my insane post tonite.
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 02-25-2002 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:12 AM   #22  

hello all!
ginny it sounds like it has been CRAZY around your house lately. But it also sounds like your kids do well with compromising with each other! I hope all the kids got what they wanted in the long run
Jackie I have a question for you (or was it you ginny that mentioned this? ) about increasing fiber in your diet to lose weight? What again is high in fiber and how does fiber help you to lose weight?? I'm going to increase it today and see how I feel. beans for breakfast and lunch!! Then a healthy dinner. I heard something about your body doesn't digest fiber?? Well anyway, any info would be appreciated.
I'll check in again later!! Hope everyone is having a great morning!!
Old 02-26-2002, 10:33 PM   #23  

Slow thread today so I thought I would post this :

Reasons NOT to exercise

Every minute that you exercise you add one minute to your life, this enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months at 5000 dollars per month.

My Grandmother started walking 5 miles a day when she was 60. Now she's 97 and we don't know where she is!

The only reason that I would take up exercising is so that I can hear heavy breathing again

I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to show up.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising everyday is that you die healthier.

If you are going to try cross country skiing, start with a small country.

And last but not least:
I don't exercise because it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.

g'nite ladies!!
Old 02-27-2002, 11:24 AM   #24  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Spryng, I LOVE those reasons not to excercise! I love the flabby thighs line............mine are not so flabby but I sure have the droopy stomach (after 3 kiddies!).
I do not remember the fiber-diet thing (so it was Jackie) but some things I do know about fiber; it is usually filling, slower to digest (so hunger pangs stay down) and I think helps with the digestion of carbs- so blood sugar stays more level. I could be wrong about it, though. Some fiberous foods, such as those infamous beans are loaded with B vitamins and minerals that keep mental clarity and are recommended for those dealing with depression.

Well, I am off for my walk (maybe I will find that 97yr old grandmother!). I lost a big whoppin' .5# and am down to 154.
Gonna get there someday.....................
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-27-2002, 12:44 PM   #25  

Good morning all! Glad you liked that post Ginny! Someone sent it to me and I thought it was perfect for this thread.
Congrats on you .5 lb!!! You will get there, you will. Slowly but surely huh??
Well I guess I'm getting sick. My stomach is upset today and nothing is staying down very long. I had the beans for breakfast again and I do notice that it is more feeling. I only have 1/2 a cup but it lasts until lunch time. I have a roast in the crock pot today. I didn't think I would feel like cooking at all tonight. I feel like I am getting worse. Throat is very sore and I'm so tired. As soon as the kids go down for their nap I'm going out too I'm ODing on Vit C though so maybe it will go away fatser. My ds cleared up yesterday. No fever not even a runny nose. I was so happy. Now my daughter will be next. I'm waiting for it.
Well anyway. I wonder where everyone else has been lately.
Misty you back yet??
jackie you ok??
Well I'll try to check in later if I'm not bed ridden by then. have a great day all!
Old 02-27-2002, 02:39 PM   #26  

Hi!, It's me!!

I'm sorry that I didn't post yesterday. I was playing taxi driver for the most part of the day. My Mother had foot surgery 2 wks. ago & she had her post-op appt. We then went out to lunch & then I took her home. I then had (1) hour to myself & did housework/laundry. I then went to go pick up dd from school & then went home for another hour & then went to pick up ds from an after school activity. Once home again, I had to hurry up & tiddy up the house before DH got home. Thank goodness DH wasn't home for dinner, so I picked up fast food for the kids & I had a salad! The low-carb plan isn't working out too well so far for me. Everytime I opened up the fridge or the pantry doors, the only thing left to eat was high-carb foods! I did leave the Valentine candy alone though! Then....when DH returned home, he carried in a tin of fresh-baked-yummy-gooie, cinnamon buns!
I couldn't pass them up & had 1 last night & another for breakfast this a.m. Thank goodness they're gone!! I didn't have lunch yet, so I will try & make a low-carb choice. Spryng: Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. If you have a sore throat & can't keep food down for more than a few days, I'd go to the Doc if I were you. DD had these symptoms about a month ago & she ended up with strep.
Keep trying to drink that water because if you don't eat or drink anything, you'll start to dehydrate, which makes you even more nauseous. Congratulations on losing 2#. I'm sure you will be losing more weight this week, but it sure doesn't sound like a fun way to lose it! On the fiber issue: Yes, that was me! I'm still researching this topic, so I don't have much advice to give right now. I do know that besides beans, fruit & veggies have fiber in them. I also switched to high-fiber bread & am reading a lot of food labels lately. I'm hoping that if I keep increasing my fiber, maybe I'll start losing weight & can forget about the low-carb thingy. I'm really not much of a carb person anyways. I do indeed like my fruit juice, so I will definitely cut back on that.
Ginny: Wow! I really had you pegged wrong on what you were doing the other day! Thanks for the entertainment!
It sure was a comedy hour on my end! It's sounds like your household is as crazy as mine gets at times! I'm not sure if I would try & move around that many rooms at one time, unless I was moving out of the house! I'm sure you probably felt like that after dd decided that she didn't like the change. I hope by now that everyone is settled in their rooms! Oh!, and by the way....congrats on your weightloss too! Don't be surprised if you don't drop another few pounds once the "New Moving Muscles" start burning the fat! Well, I'm starting to feel real guilty sitting here at the 'puter, so I'd better get going.
I'll try & post again tomorrow. Take care!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:46 AM   #27  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Just a quick hello before I head out for a while.
Spryng~ I agree with Jackie- your symptoms sound a bit like what my son started out with before full blown strep. Lots of fluids- and if they are tough to handle, there is sugar free jello and those sugar free popsicles which count as fluid also.
Hope ya feel better!!!!! Get some rest.

Jackie- good for you leaving the valentine stuff alone!
And good that those cinnamon buns are gone..........they are a weakness for me too. I hope that today is a bit more sane for you. Those taxi driver days can really waste out a day.
Hope that the time with your mom went well, too. That can be stressful also! How was Dh's trip? He came home in a good mood, hopefully!
Gotta go!
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 02-28-2002, 03:00 PM   #28  

Hi!

Well, today is another day, right? I thought for sure that I would stay away from "naughty" things today. WRONG! I went shopping & the chocolate covered cherries were on clearance for .09 cents p/box. What a deal, huh? I bought 2 boxes, 1 for me & 1 for my DM. I had to do some shopping for her & I told her I brought her a "bonus" back with me. I also told her I needed to "get even" with her. She is always telling me the best ways to lose weight, but she likes to also bribe me with "naughty foods". Her reply: "I DO NOT!" I just gave her a chuckle & we both started laughing.Ginny: Our trip to the Doctor worked out pretty good & NO FIGHTING!! (Besides when she wanted to pay the whole bill for lunch, which she ended up paying anyways.) I was going to leave the tip, but she included it on the charge receipt. (That sneak!!) Monday I take her grocery shopping @ the Wal-Mart Super Center, as they have motorized shopping carts that the customer can sit in. She was tickled pink when I offered to take her. And DH trip...which one? Let's see: Monday night gone & came back late Tuesday evening, was supposed to leave early Wed. a.m., which he did, but came back home 1/2 hr. later due to the customer canceling plans. He then left in the afternoon on Wed. & will be back late this evening & then will leave again to go snowmobiling for the weekend. Poor guy isn't getting much sleep, but will be rewarded once he hits the snowmobile trails! And...He comes back sometime on Sunday & then has to leave Monday a.m. again! (Not much time to fight, huh?) I keep teasing him that he has a girlfriend on the side, which I know isn't true. (He is well taken care of @ home!) Besides that, he has been traveling with a sensible-christian man for the most part of this week & the guys he is with this weekend I trust also! Well, enough about DH! At least I'm not complaining, huh? Oh!, answer to your last question: He's been in an extremely good mood & can't seem to keep his hands off of me. (Must be the trip to the Doc's.) Wow! I just noticed that they added more smilies, AWESOME!! A Question for you Ginny: Does it seem like I'm getting back to normal?
Spryng: I hope that you are feeling better and/or you are getting some help around the house or keeping the kids busy with videos. It's terrible when everyone gets sick @ the same time. I guess the kids are a little bit quieter then, but you feel so sorry for them too. Especially with a 1 y/o, as you just don't know what they want! Keep your freezer stocked with popsicles! Well, I'd better get going.
See yah all later! **Jackie**

Last edited by Freckles; 02-28-2002 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:33 PM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Jackie! So glad that the ol' Jackie is back!!!!!!!!!!!! And that all seems well in your life for now. Glad that Dh is treating you well too. Life is so much easier that way! Now, keep away from those chocolate cherries........even if they are a bargain.

Gotta go. Dd is el crabbo tonite and my typing is bothering her!!!!
See ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 02-28-2002, 11:01 PM   #30  

Good evening ladies!! Thank you so much for your kind words while I was sick. But I'm all better now! (these new smilies are adorable aren't they?? )
And I guess all the turmoil I went through paid off because I lost another lb!! I think I may make this st. patricks day challenge after all. 132 now. I'm so happy that the stall is over.
My eating hasn't been that great today but tomorrow I get a fresh start and I'm promising myself to do good for the next few days.
Well, it's late here. But I wanted to check in and let you ladies know I'm all better and so is the rest of the family. Now to stay that way....
have a great night!!
Closed Thread