Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #31  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

It used to be both, which is sort of how I got so dang big in the first place. I have since come to really embrace exercise and love it, as long as my feet behave. However, the struggle with food and consistently making the right choices without the pity party is still a work in progress. I'll get there!!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #32  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Food is definitely more challenging for me. And always will be I think.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #33  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Exercise for me. I have to keep on top of it, not let myself slack, and often remind myself of why I keep doing it. Food, while I love it, and sometimes can go off my game and eat wrong, I don't do it as a routine anymore. I typically eat well now out of habit, and rarely stray on my eating. I've come to enjoy healthier selections, so much so, that at times I've had things I used to love, they don't taste as good as I once thought they did.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #34  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I learned early on in life to use food as a tool to comfort and entertain myself and that is a TOUGH cycle to break. I enjoy food very much and have learned to transfer that into other facets, like cooking (the chooping, the colors, the smells- oh my!) and just learning about it in general.

But yeah, most days I go to the gym without much of a fight, but I do fight to not overeat.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:43 AM   #35  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Food definitely! I have no car so even if I don't make it to the gym, I have to walk at least 40 mins a day to get home from work.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #36  

Height: 5'5"

What a great topic, and it's so interesting to see the answers, different for different people. I love to exercise, it makes me feel great, but the food is a $@#%! If I could I would eat all day long, and I definitely feel deprived at not being able to have what I want. I still have this stupid notion that if I could just exercise like an Olympian every day I could eat 10,000 calories! OK not really, but I'd much prefer to eat whatever I wanted and work out like a fiend, unfortunately at this age that's just not going to happen.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #37  

I hate exercise so its my problem i say im going to start today.
But today never comes, I tell myself you dont fell good and your legs
are hurting. But lazy thats all food i have a problem late at night
Just cant get things together. sAD ALWAYS
NEED HELP BAD
missrocky73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh exercise, definitely. I hate to exercise, am completely uncoordinated, and very very lazy on top of that. Growing up I was a skinny uncoordinated child, so I never developed any enjoyment of sports or active activities.

Trying to find 20-30 minutes in my evenings can be nearly impossible. I don't belong to a gym, and the climate outside here is either scalding, freezing, or full of mosquitoes. People tell me I'd feel better if I exercised some, but I think I'm chronically sleep-deprived and I'm just so tired I don't want to start.

Food takes the same amount of time whether I am eating healthy preplanned meals or take-out. It doesn't impact my schedule, so it's easier to control.

So, exercise, definitely.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Exercise is much harder for me. As a calorie counter, I know that I can have whatever I want in moderation, if I plan for it. I have always eaten healthy foods, just too much of them.

I have never liked any sports, and exercise truly was a 4 letter word in my vocabulary. I am getting much better about tolerating (and some days really enjoying) it, but doing it consistently is definitely a challenge.
I could have written this.

When I do exercise regularly, I do love it but all those people who say it becomes are habit are full of it. LOL I exercised every single day for 6 solid months for 1 to 2 hrs per day and only missed one stinkin day. I got sick and was down for a few days.. never went back to that exercise. I know I sleep better and deal with stress better when I exercise but it's not enough to get me motivated.

I also have PCOS/IR so my weight comes off super slowly, like maybe a pound a month if I'm lucky so losing weight as a benefit of exercise isn't a motivator for me because it doesnt' work in my case. LOL
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:50 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 198/165/143

Height: 5"8.5

For me, it's juggling both at once, absolutely! I can follow a diet just fine, but never want to work out. Or, I can work out like a fiend, but eat without any regard to what I eat or how much of it. But I've always struggled with dieting and exercising at once. It's quite frustrating!!
Diana the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote