Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#132

Christian Encouragers#132

We are Christians united together in Prayer and support for each other. Prayer Changes things So please Join us! Everyone is welcome!

Last edited by sami; 01-31-2002 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:12 AM   #2  

A big Praise today I have lost 2lbs!!!!! Yeah!!!!
My goal is to lose 70lbs by next June (2003) My DD is getting married and her sone to be M-I-L is about 5' and 90 lbs! OH Why can't it be ME?

68lbs to go!
Sami
Old 01-28-2002, 11:08 AM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!

Sami~ congrats on losing 2 #!!!!! Great start!
Zoe~ how are you feeling?????
Sorry to be so short. I have much to accomplish this morning, for that matter all day!
I just wanted to check in and say hello. Thanks, Sami for starting the new thread.

I'll check in later. Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 01-28-2002, 12:42 PM   #4  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning ~ Just checking in for a minute. I'm still home sick, fever just doesn't want to go away. Not 104 like it was but it keeps going up to 100, not ever normal. I was SO sick over the weekend buy today has been a lot better. If it continues this way, I'll try to go to work tomorrow.

Well, I'd better rest some more. Have a blessed day everyone.

In Christ,
Old 01-28-2002, 11:47 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Zoe- it is so good to hear from you. I am so glad that you are feeling better and that the fever is down. An answer to prayer.
I was concerned about you. Many of my coworkers had something that sounded similar, and it seemed to take so long to go away. ( I understand the fatigue hangs on for a while).
Take good care of yourself and get the rest that you need.

I had a kind of tiring day. Mainly, I got tired of dealing with everyone's moods! But, I think we were all tired and a bit under the weather. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I wish each of you a good nite. Bed time!
Ginny
Old 01-29-2002, 07:16 AM   #6  

Blessing today!
I am so tiried this morning because I was up to late watching TV! I had a good day yesterday and praying for an OP day today.

Zoe-Praying that you feel better! Like Ginny said we have some bug going around here and my coworkers have missed up to a week with it.

Ginny-Praying that your day is going well. I know just how you feel about you dealing with others moods!

Praying for all to have an OP day!
Sami
Old 01-29-2002, 10:13 AM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning from frosty Manitoba. It's so cold out that we don't go out unless it's absolutely necessary.

I've been doing well with my WOE and water but still struggling with the exercise. I did do some aerobics and weights on the weekend and it felt great to be moving. I need to discipline myself to a time slot everyday to do exercise.

My weight has maintained over the past month which I'm thankful for.

Sami: WTG on the weight loss! You are doing great!!

Ginny: I hear you about the moods except in my family it's them having to deal with my moods. I have to really watch myself during PMS time. I also have to learn that I am not the only one that matters.

Zoe: How are you doing? Have you recovered from your illness? Take care of yourself! We need you here.

Pravda, Gutchie: WHere are you? How are you doing?

Have a super day!
Old 01-29-2002, 01:12 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Wilma, good to hear from you. Sorry that it is so cold at your region. We could use a bit of that here in NY (it feels like spring, I miss winter!)

Sami- thanks for your prayers. I need them. Today is not going too well- office politics....... I hope that you can get thru today well, with the lack of sleep and all. I'll keep you in prayer too.

Gotta go, I am at work. I hope to check in with you later. Love and prayers,
Ginny
Old 01-29-2002, 09:56 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
Well, I am so thankful to be home. Today was a rough day, and I guess I have some decisions to make regarding my work. Actually I could most likely just continue on as I am now, and just adjust my attitude with no other change. I know that this is probably not making much sense- and it has been a long day.

My eating was pretty good. I did some snacking, but made up for it with a low points dinner. (and I am hungry now, but will take care of that with some water). I will get a walk in tomorrow morning.
Hope that you have a peaceful night. See you tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 01-30-2002, 11:05 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!
I hope that everyone is ok, and just busy. (today is a busy day for me too). I got a nice walk in and have been eating well (or should I say, healthy?).

Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 01-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #11  

Hi everyone!
I am here! I was sick yesterday, it sounds like everyone is a little under the weather! I am feeling a whole lot better. The doctor said that the people that have been in to see him about this stomach virus, feel bad for one day, feel good for one day and then are sick again for like a week or 2! I pray that that is not the case with me, next week is my vacation, I do not want to be sick thru the whole week!

Zoe- I hope you are feeling better. I am praying for you.

Wilma- Thanks for caring about me! I am doing better. I can not imagine the cold weather, I am in Texas, we never see it that cold.

Ginny- I hope things are going better at your office. I know how hard office polictics can be. Keep up the faith, we are praying for you!

Sami-HOORAY on the weight loss!!!! I am jealous! I have not weighed myself this week, nor have I excercised, so we will see what the scales say tonight. I maybe crying in my pillow once I see the number!I know what you mean about the skinny,tiny MIL. My new SIL is my heighth and about 100lbs, wears a size 0! I find it very hard not to be very jealous of her! But I also use her as a goal, I wish that one day I will be even close to her size. Then again, I just tell myself, wait till she gets pregnant!

Anyway, I am on lunch at work. I will chat more later!

Praying always for you,
Pravda

Old 01-30-2002, 10:05 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good evening,
Pravda- how are you feeling??? I hope/pray that you will get rid of the stomach bug quickly. There is also a very fast stomach bug going around- one that hits hard for 24 hours and thank God goes away quickly. We had it about 3 weeks ago. And fortunately, it passed quickly. Do you have any vacation plans?
Try not to compare yourself to others,with regard to weight. I have friends who are also losing,and are the same height as I am, with goal weights of 10 pounds less than mine (mine is 130#). But I know that 120 is not practical for me and that realism must prevail. I will never be a 0, and will be oh so happy if I can get down to a 10 (with an occasional 8!).

Well, I have really stepped into a mess. I was asked to accompany (flute) another church's praise team for a ladies brunch. At the brunch will be 4 different churches in the area, and it is being hosted at my own church. Tonite I went to a practice for this (and there will only be one more practice)- and they have music for only two songs out of six. Of the four that have no music, three of them I have never heard of- and am clueless how to accompany them. I have a call into a friend who attends that church, hoping that she has a praise CD or two with these songs on them, just so that I can get an idea of how they were meant to sound. It was so hard to tell from the practice tonite...... The Lord will work this out somehow, that I know!!!!!!!
Well, enough of me tonite.
Have a great evening. I hope to check in tomorrow, but we have an ice storm headed our way, and if the kids are all home, getting on the computer will be hard.
Ginny
Old 01-31-2002, 07:52 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Well, all schools are closed here, so I have a housefull.
I thought I would get on to wish you a good morning, while Dd is still asleep . Once she gets up computer time is hard to come by.
So far my eating is good. Somehow I will get some excercise in today~ I do not know if walking will be possible with the ice out there. Off to do some ironing and then hang some wallpaper (I hope). Have a blessed day.
Ginny
Old 01-31-2002, 09:41 AM   #14  

Blessing this morning!
Sorry to be AOW but it was my week end to work and my week to do my volunteer work. I have been doing something diffrent at work and it is very physical so I am dead tired when I get home.

Ginny-I know just what you mean about the work place. At my work everyone thinks they are the only one who does anything. And I get tired of the office politics. I am one that is real blunt and when they start playing the little back stabbing games I will call them on it. Just the other day one of the guys was complaining (like always) that no one but him does anything and I said "You know what? Everyone here thinks they are the only one here who does anything I see a lot here getting done that you didn't do so I guess that isn't true!" Good luck with the program at church.

Pravda-I am glad you are feeling better. We are going to reach our goal and lose this weight!!! Both of us have it harder do to other health issues but We will over come it and work harder at it. Nothing is impossible with God on our side!

Wilma-Brrrrr it is cold your way! I here we have some cold comming I hope not my spring flowers are comming in because it has been so warm!

Zoe-I am praying you are feeling better. I know my work has been hit hard with this bug also. Someone said it is because we have not had a cold enough winter to kill the germs. (I don't know how true that is)

Blessing to all Sami
Old 01-31-2002, 10:04 AM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! It's still really cold here. I'm keeping warm by staying under my quilt while I'm working on it. I also do a lot more baking!! Tonight I'm baking some cookies to send along with Ds as he goes to visit the other DS. Oldest DS is missing the home cooking!!

Sami: Great to hear from you again. I was wondering where you were. I can't imagine flowers coming up here. Spring flowers start coming here in April. I am looking forward to that!!

Ginny: Hope you have a great day with yours at home. I used to love snow days. I also hope things work out for your music. I am not talented musically at all and wish I was. In heaven I'll be able to sing on key.

Pravda: Are you feeling better yet? I had a virus a couple of weeks ago that kept me feeling gross for 3-4 days. I hope that's not what you have. Take good care of yourself. Drink lots!

Zoe: How are you doing? Are you feeling better yet? Come back to us!!

Have a super day!
Closed Thread