Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Default Help.

Hey!

I want to loose 40 lbs.
I have a trip on April 30.

Do you think that I can loose 40 lbs in 3 months? (Eating really healthy and excersicing 4 days each week)?

If not, how much will I loose (aprox)?

Thank you so much!!!
PS: Sorry for my bad english!
LondonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

I doubt you can lose 40 pounds in 3 months - or at least you couldn't do it in a healthy manner. As a general rule of thumb, you can healthily (is that a word?) lose 2 pounds a week. So, about 8 pounds a month would be a good estimate. However, that is if your body agrees to go with the flow and be predictable. Mine rarely does, but I do lose at a steady rate - just not as steady as 2 pounds every seven days. I lose anywhere between 6 and 10 pounds in a month.
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

You can lose maybe 30 in that time, if you really work at it--and that would be great, wouldn't it?

You would probably need to exercise 5 times a week rather than 4, though.

"Eating really healthy" has to mean eating fewer calories than you burn--it's good to eat better, more nutritious food than junk foods, but you can gain weight with too much healthy food also.

Good luck! Look around 3FC for information on different plans--check out the "Diets" tab on the home page.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #4  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

It must be said that it also depends on your starting weight. The last 10-15 (or more) pounds can take a very long time to lose so if you're trying to reach your personal life time goal with this 40 pounds in 3 months, I'm not sure its realistic.

I personally don't advise even giving yourself a goal. The best case scenario is that you lose 30 pounds healthily in 3 months. Anything beyond that is just putting too much pressure on yourself and you're setting yourself up to fail, form unhealthy body damaging habits and you'll be disappointed.

If I were you, I would stick with your plan to eat well and exercise but not give yourself a weight number that you want to reach. Keep an open mind. This way you'll be losing weight and improving your body but you will not have to beat yourself up if you don't lose 15 pounds a month. Afterall, losing 20 pounds by April will still be awesome and will get you feeling better about your body by your trip then working yourself ragged trying to lose the 40 and being disappointed in yourself.

I know putting too much pressure on myself makes me stressed and stress makes me binge, so just work your plan, go with the flow and do your best!

Last edited by hotnewspirits; 01-24-2008 at 02:17 PM.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4

30 is perfect!
Thank you so much!
LondonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:11 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It would be helpful to know your stats, age, height and current weight.

You might want to track your calories as well as "eating healthy". Sometimes that's just not enough. And maybe you'd like to make sure you do some kind of physical activity most days of the week. Even a brisk walk on your "off" days.

But regardless, 40 lbs is a tad high to shoot for. But hey, you never know. You might want to give it a shot, being happy with WHATEVER you lose. If you're really dedicated, determined and CONSITIENT you can certainly lose a nice chunk of it and be well on your way to that 40lbs by the time April 30 rolls around.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote