3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Stay at Home Mom's #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/13281-stay-home-moms-33-a.html)

ECmom 02-07-2002 11:01 AM

Stay at Home Mom's #33

)STAY AT HOME MOM'S #33
GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!

Welcome to a thread full of humor, encouragement, friendship & fellowship, as we share the ups & downs of raising a family & losing weight! We welcome all new friends & our returning friends too!!

Be sure to go back and check out the Stay At Home Mom's #32 thread to see what has been going on in everyone's lives & meet our newcomers.

Ginny

Jackie left a long post at the end of thread # 32. She and her family are going away for the weekend (and they are not taking any of us!!!!:lol: - gosh can you imagine the insanity if we all got together somewhere for real instead of our cyber visits?)
Have a great weekend Jackie!

I got a nice walk in this morning. And now have to focus on getting this house cleaned. This afternoon is busy so I will have to get dinner going this morning too ( I love my crock pot!).

So, off to make some sense of the family room:dizzy: . Have a great day.
Ginny

Freckles 02-07-2002 11:38 AM

Hi, It's me again!

I couldn't resist checking in just one more time before I leave. Who knows, maybe I'll check in on my long weekend @ the local library. Ginny: You & the gang would be happily welcomed @ the condo's. I think that there are a few units left. Want to join us? :lol: It would be fun!! Oh!, and don't forget Ginny: take baby steps while cleaning. You'll get more done. (Unless you decide to leave another long....post here!) ;) Thanks for mentioning your crock pot. I wanted to take this along too! This w/b an easy meal for me to prepare. My brother made shredded beef sandwiches during the holidays & they were delicious! All that he had to do was take a bottle of ketchup & part of a bottle of Ginger Ale. You don't even need to brown the beef roast! All you have to do is throw it all in & leave it there for 6-8 hrs in the slow cooker. I sure hope that mine turns out! One more last thing to say & then I'll be packing--
Wouldn't it be nice someday for us all to meet. I know that the 3FC's website tried it a few years ago, but I don't think that they made a final commitment. At least I didn't know about it! Well, you gals could come with me this weekend!! :spin: WOW! That w/b great!! Well, I'm going now. See yah all later!

ECmom 02-08-2002 11:00 AM

Good morning!!!
Jackie- those sandwiches (with the pot roast- what cut of meat do you use?) and ketchup/ginger ale sound interesting. How did they come out? ( I am always looking for something new and love to use the crock pot). Hope that you have a great weekend and some well deserved relaxation!

I did get some (most) of the family room done yesterday. It still needs some work and I have all the end of the year filing to do- throwing out all the records that I can etc... (I hate doing that job). But this am I am off to begin work on Dd's room which is a disaster.
Got my walk in (my fingers are still frozen and don't want to type!) and so far my eating is good. Off to clean. Have a great day!
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine 02-08-2002 06:11 PM

Hi Girls!!

How is everyone doing this evening? Sounds like Jackie went off and left us:( hope she has a good time. It sounds like a load of fun! How's the Dd's room coming Ginny? Hope you haven't gotten lost in it or the grundge monster didn't eat you! Did you get all your things taken care of Spryng? Sounds like you have been so busy. What a great feeling to get a fresh start when your bills are all caught up. Congrats to you girl! How's everyones dieting going? Everyone hanging tough?! All the chocolates for Valentines Day make me weak. I recieved a huge box in the mail today from my daddy. He's such a sweet dear man. They broke the mold after they made him... unfortunatly. There was a sweet card attached too. I'm a lucky girl. My husband doesn't recognize Valentines day he's funny that way. He believes it is all propiganda, for stores to make more money. Anyhow, it's along story. I've been doing pretty well. I'm home sick, missing my family. I've been fighting the depression of it all. :?: Who knows!? Must have something to do with the TOM. I'll be okay. I have a huge roast in the oven for tonight. Looks and smells so good. My diet has been very good for today. Yesterday was a bad day though. I fell off the diet wagon.:devil: Actually I dove off head first! It was a moment of weakness, gets the best of at times. Well girls have a great night!

ECmom 02-09-2002 08:06 AM

Good morning!
Lilbit~ must have been something in the air yesterday! Sorry to hear that you fell off the diet wagon yesterday. Sounds like a very emotional day for you. If you can, just go easy on yourself with your expectations for today, with TOM coming and all that.
(I just find it goes easier if I go easy on myself around TOM, and considering that I am a real type A personality, that is tough).
You have been doing so well, and will be back in diet mode soon!:)
Got a wee little bit of Dd's room done, with a huge plastic bag of stuff to throw out. Getting there.........
As far as something in the air, my eating was poor too. Stress....
Gotta go.
Have a great day!
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine 02-09-2002 08:28 AM

Good Morning!

Feels like today will be a much better day, I hope. I'm hanging in there. It just seems like I think I'll take it easy but everyone else has to be hard on me. One of the con's against being a mother I guess. It's such a thankless job sometimes. I believe I'll try to work some extra yoga in today that seems to be the only time everyone leaves me be. It's just the TOM talking you all know how that goes. Thanks for the advice Ginny. Have a great day!

spryng 02-09-2002 03:37 PM

Good afternoon all!! I'm caught up now on everyone. I miss one day on here and I feel so behind! :)
Sounds like you are burning those calories Ginny while cleaning your dd room. I need to do some serious cleaning of my room but just have no will power to start. My laundry is getting behind again. if there is anything I hate it's laundry! I can wash and dry all day but I hate to fold and hang!! But I need to get on it before we are running around naked :o
My dieting has been really good the past three days. I even had a grilled chicken sandwich and fries (mcdonalds) for breakfast/lunch today. That was my treat. But I passed on the diet coke and just had water. I'm feeling pretty good. I really wanted to weigh myself this morning but I'm visiting TOM and I know it won't be accurate. So I'm going to try and wait until this thursday to weigh in and hopefully I see a loss. I'm also going to try and get in 30 minutes of exercise in today and everyday. Even though I've lost alot of weight and I'm a size 8 now it really needs to be toned. I would feel better about me if it was. Boy, our bodies are a never ending process of improvement huh??
But things around here have calmed down dramatically. I clean in the mornings and watch a little tv, play with the kids, practice my guitar and that's about it these days. It feels nice to be caught up on everything.
Well, all this talk about crock pot meals have really got me intrigued! I found a website www.crockpot.com that has many recipes and I'm going there now to see if I can find a few I would like to try. Talk to you girls later!!

ECmom 02-09-2002 05:38 PM

Hi!
Lilbit~hope that your day is going well.:) I hear ya when it comes to you wanting a calm/easy day and that not being in anyone else's plans. My former neighbor (age 80+) used to tell me about those days when her kids (all 5 of them) were little when she would feel like an "appliance". We can all relate to that eh?
Spryng~glad that you have had some good dieting days. WTG!
Thanks for the crockpot site. When I have the time, I will have to go check it out. Sounds interesting!!!! Have you picked up any excercise tapes for toning? There are so many good ones out there, and no need for a gym. I get a catalog of excercise tapes, where they are rated by the staff for difficulty of workout and how much "fun" the tape is. I have had good luck ordering tapes from them, their reviews are pretty accurate.

Well, this has not been one of my good days. (2 days in a row, I had better get back to serious dieting tomorrow). I am thinking about actually joining WW to get my motivation back. Gosh, I do not want to gain this weight back. But I am getting a bit depressed and finding it hard to pick myself back up. Yes, I know what is bothering me, just do not want to leave a 60 page post right now.
Gotta scoot. I came online to look for something, and here I am saying hello!!!!
See ya later.
Ginny

spryng 02-09-2002 11:15 PM

Hey Ginny? Does that catalog have a web site? I have a couple of work out tapes. I just don't want to use them :?: One is really old and you can't keep up with them then I have a Denise Austin Fat Blasting one and I also have a dance tape of Paula Abduls. I'm just tired of them all. I want something that is a great workout but easy to learn and FUN. I hate Richard Simmons. They don't teach you anything. You have to watch it 500 times to exercise with them. I don't like that.
I'm sorry to hear you are so stressed out. I guess it's that kind of day. My day went ok until about 5:00 pm. The kids decided to push all of mommy's buttons!:nono: And boy do they do a great job at it. By the time bedtime rolled around I wanted to just crawl into the fridge and eat it all! I watched a movie instead. But then I got bored and came in here. I hate days like today. I feel so out of it. But at least we all get a fresh start tomorrow. I am going to a wedding shower tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to it. I'm suppose to make something to take (potluck) but haven't made up my mind what it is. I think I may make lemon squares. Hmmm....I'll find something.
Well anyway. WW is a great program. You can join online and not even have to attend the classes. I don't do well with organized dieting. I have done the best by following my own rules which change all the time. Just low cal. Nothing more.
I guess I better go to bed. I have a long day tomorrow with church and all. G'nite all!! :)

ECmom 02-10-2002 07:55 AM

Good morning!
Just a quick hello and check in.
Spryng, I'll get the catalog out and leave either their web site or 800 number (you won't be overwhelmed with mailings from them, maybe 2 a year). I'll leave that for you later.
Gotta go feed the hungry! Off to a great start so far- just 2 glasses of water. (but I was so bad yesterday).
See ya later!
Ginny

ECmom 02-10-2002 07:36 PM

Hi!
Just a quick check in to leave the phone # and web site for the excercise video catalog. (I have never been to the web site~ can only testify for the catalog, which is great).
It is Collage Video www.collagevideo.com and their phone # is
1-800-433-6769. They have all kinds of advice for how to choose a video, and shipment was fast. Good luck, Spryng.
Gotta go, Dh was kind enough to let me check in for a minute to leave this for you. See ya later!
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine 02-11-2002 01:19 AM

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I am up at this hour! Dh came to bed late and woke me up. So I couldn't go back to sleep. Here I sit, 1:00am with my diet soda. Hmm? I'm doing really well with the diet. Hit my first goal Wahooo!:) That felt really good. I wasn't going to get on the scale until next week due to TOM approaching but something said aw what the heck. Just do it. Glad I did. I think I can even see a little difference when I look in the mirror now. We will be going out to do errands tomorrow so I'll be excited to see how my dungarees fit. I'm sorda a slug when I'm home all week. I live in flannel pants and a sweat shirt, unless I am working outdoors with the horses then I wear overalls. Funny how we do I guess. Anyhow it will be fun to see how they fit. Dh was to be leaving for a road trip today, it has been postponed due to the weather. He almost insisted I go with him, guess the family is excited to see us. I probably will. I can't resist the bay and steamed crabs. Might be nice to get away. I just hate leaving all my chores for someone else to do, taking care of the livestock and all. We'll see. Well, I'm gonna crawl back in bed and give it another go! Nighty Nite.

ECmom 02-11-2002 11:01 AM

Good Morning!!!!!!!!
Lilbit~Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG on meeting your goal! And those jeans fitting a bit better. You are doing great, and an inspiration to me. Hope that you got a little bit more shut eye and can face the day full of energy.
I am back on track, pretty much. I am so thankful that I got my motivation back. Still a bit bummed (anyone want a snotty 15 yearl old?). Actually, I think I just need a week of no meals or driving all over the state............just some time to restore law and order to the house, read, craft, sew and restore my spirit.
Nuff complaining!
I had better go- want to get my walk in before Dd gets home from school. Have a great day!
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine 02-11-2002 10:53 PM

Well I guess I got enough sleep. I wasn't feeling to tuckered today. We ran errands all day. I'm glad to be home. Dungarees fit nice too. It's a good feeling. I'm really focusing in on that next goal. I'm visiting my mother for mothers day and would love to be in tip top shape when I see her. She always keeps in such good shape. Well I really don't have alot to carry on about tonight. Hope you are all doing well and staying warm. Hurry back Jackie, you are missed. And Spryng too where ya been girl?!
Night nite Ginny TY for the WTG! It means alot.
Misti

ECmom 02-11-2002 11:41 PM

Hi!
Misti- glad that you had a good day, albeit full of errands (why do they take so much time!!!!) You do not have that much else to lose (I should say, the amount that you want to) and Mother's Day is a while off. At the rate you are going at, you should be in tip top shape by then!:D (wanna send some inspiration my way?).
I still struggle a bit staying focused. Got my walk in, but I have to get a grip on my eating. And tomorrow will be stressful- I will be out for the day with some people who are not exactly pleasant to be with. Gotta stay focused. And I hope to get a walk in tomorrow am.

Well, if I am going to walk at 5, I had better get some sleep!!!!
Have a great nite.
See ya tomorrow.
Ginny

ECmom 02-11-2002 11:43 PM

And............. Jackie and Spryng- We miss you!!!!!!!!

spryng 02-12-2002 12:28 PM

I'm here! I'm here!! I have a had a busy weekend and was gone all day yesterday too! Sorry girls for not posting but I know you understand! :)
I've been doing ok. Misti congrats on your goal!! I can't wait to be 125!!! Only 9 more lbs to go. I haven't weighed in several days. I'm waiting to weigh in on thursday. yesterday I didn't do so great. I went out for lunch with my Dh, kids and my mom and ordered a huge bowl of vegtable pasta and ate the bread that came with it. That wouldn't have been too bad but then for dinner I had a burger and fries and a .... .... CHOCOLATE shake!! After two drinks I felt really guilty and let it all melt and didn't ake another sip but drank water. But I did eat all of my burger and fries. But I'm trying to make up for it today. Not by eating less but by exercising!! I put in 50 minutes of exercise this morning!! I feel great!! I have a denise austin fat blasting video that has two parts. One an aerobic workout for beginners (which is me) it lasts 30 minutes and then the secound half is hard aerobics and weight training. 3 minutes of hard aerobics and 1 minute weight training. So I finished the first workout and felt great by the end of it and wanted to do more so I went and got my 5 lbs dumbells out and started the second half. It was an incredibly hard workout and I collasped after 20 minutes. I know it was almost done but my body would go anymore. I feel great now after I washed my face and cooled down. I want to do some everyday now. The first half again tomorrow and then the hard aerobics the day after, etc. I think that will help me break this plateou. I'm so tired of eating low cal and doing everything right and no weight coming off. So I figure a little exercise will kick my metabolism back into gear and I'll lose these last 9 lbs before this year has ended!! :D
Well, I tend to go on and on don't I?
Im glad everyone else is doing ok. You will definitely hit your goal Misti. Is 120 your final goal?
Sorry to hear your 15 y/o is at it again Ginny. But don't forget...they'll be gown before you know it and you two will laugh about your run ins. You sound like a great mother and I think she will see that someday. :) Just don't give up and take it out on your own body!! You can do it!
Well, I'm off here now. I have a kitchen floor screaming for some tlc. Bye!!

Freckles 02-12-2002 01:13 PM

I'm Back!!

I have returned from my long weekend. Unfortunately, I was sick for most of it! My lousy virus came out of remission again & I feel miserable! The Dr. finally gave me a prescription for antibiotics. Hopefully I'll be feeling better in a couple of days. I'm not too ambitious for the computer today. I will make this as short as possible. I didn't get to try the beef roast recipe. I bought a chuck roast & will try it when I'm feeling better. We shared our condo with another couple. The wife surprised me & made all of her dinners ahead of time & included us in all of them! I only had to worry about breakfast & lunch! (Oh!, by the way...this wife is childless, so this is where she found all the time to cook these meals in advance!) I will respond to you all individually when I'm feeling better.

Lilbitofsunshine 02-12-2002 01:52 PM

Welcome back Spryng. Sounds like you had a great workout, I hope it really does jump start your metabolism! You hang in there though. This eating rite really is a lifestyle change hon. A difficult one at that. I'm dealing with it really well though. I really can't say what my final goal will be. I'm taking 5# off at a time to see where I am comfortable. I was 107# when I married. I was very healthy and physically active (rollerblading, yoga, running) you name it we did it. That was all before our first born came along. I guess I'll see when I get there.
Welcome back Jackie!! I hope you are feeling better soon. We miss you. I'm sending some positive get well vibes to you;) Hang in here!
Hi Ginny!!! I'm sure someday you and your Dd will look back on these times and laugh. Like Spryng said. And you will probably grow to be the best of friends once she comes out of this phase. You hang in there too! Oh and here's the positive motivation you were asking for ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ vibes all coming your way!
:lol: I'm full of it today! Ok I must go and try to accompish something here!
Misty

allthingsbright 02-12-2002 02:20 PM

jeb917

Hello everyone!

I am new...I probably wont be able to post for a few days because I am goping out of town tomorrow-but I just wanted to pop in and say. I have been a SAHM for about 4 years-I have two ds's-ages 2.5 and 4.5. They keep me really busy. I love scrapbooking, decorating, movies, and playing online. I just moved across country and really need some new "friends"-so I am looking here for some support-I just long for adult conversation! I am trying to get out and meet people, but it takes a while, I guess. Plus, the winters a bad time to find good outdoor activities for my kids...so I am trying to get creative. Anyway, I am basically boring!

Oh, and I have a little webpage:
www.geocities.com/amyn26amyn26

It has a little more about me. I look forward to playing on this thread!

ECmom 02-12-2002 10:00 PM

Hi!
Welcome back Jackie!!!!!!!! And hi to Spryng and Misti (thanks for the vibes!!!!!)
Welcome Amy! This place gets a bit crazy, but in a good way. I am glad you are here.
Hey Spryng, did you check out the video site (collage?). Never been there, how is it?
This is just a quick hello- I am glad to see all the posts.
Dd needs the computer for Hw, so I had better go.
See ya tomorrow!
Ginny

cdm1974 02-13-2002 12:43 AM

I'm Back!!

Hi Everyone!!
Sounds like everyone is doing well on their diets & Exercise!! Wish I could say the same for myself! We moved last Friday, and I am finally a little settled today (Tues.) Boy did I get a work out on Friday!! I swear I could actually feel my jeans getting bigger! Now we are all settled and I have to really get back on track! I found an exercise bike at Walmart I think I am gonna buy (its only $100) I would spend that in 4 months at a health club! So that will be a start to some exercise, and its back to lots of water and Lean Cuisines!! Glad to be back, I really will be needing the company now that I have moved - and the support!
Take Care.
:)

spryng 02-13-2002 10:31 AM

Good morning all and welcome Amy!! I hope we hear alot from you and I can't wait to get to know you better!! My name is Spryng. It's my real name. (actually my middle name) and I am 22 now. I just had a b-day on the 11th. I have two children, boy and a girl, 1 and 2. They are 11 months apart. So needless to say I have my hands full!! That's why I love this thread! Everyone here can relate and knows what I am going through.
Well anyway, yesterday was a very good diet day for me. I ended the day at about 1100 calories plus the exercise. Today I am sore all over and probably won't exercise until tomorrow and my muscles have healed some. I don't want to hurt myself. But I am very excited about seeing the results of toning my body. Tomorrow I weigh in and hopefully I have lost another lb. We'll see.
Jackie you get better!! I hope you recieved those get well vibes from misti and are feeling better now. There's nothing owrse than to get away on a well deserved vacation and then get sick on it. My best friend, the one I was maid of honor in her wedding last month, well they both got the flu on their wedding night and was sick for a few days in Hawaii. Poor guys. But they were there for 11 days total so they did have a few days to enjoy it after they got better.
Misty- Did you say you were 5'4"? I am thinking for some reason that we were the same stats. The 5 lb increments are a good idea. I was 106 when I got married. That was WAY too thin for me even though I remember loving my body very much at the time. I had washboard abs and all that. But my face was too thin. That's I figure 125 should be about right for me. But I'll do the same as you. When I get to 125 I'll see how I like it and maybe aim for 120 depending. But I won't go lower than that. I really don't want to be a size 6. I love my 8's!! What size are you??
I did check that site out Ginny and I liked it but it didn't have a few tapes I'm interested in like Cindy Crawford. But that's ok. Their prices are decent too and I love that people tell you what they think about them. That helps me decide whether or not I'd want to buy it. I'm really liking one video. It's a video with 5 different workout programs. Aerobics, pilates, yoga, bootcamp, etc. And everyone who had tried it really liked it. I may pirchase that one some day. But for right now it's just me and Denise. :lol:
Cdm- congrats on your move!! How do you like your new house?? I'm sure you are glad it's over with and you are settling in. Now you can relax a little and just work on getting all those boxes unpacked! I usually love to move but when we bought this house I dreaded it. I didn't want to pack up our apartment and only did half so when we actually moved it was alot of loose stuff everywhere. Then when we were completely moved I hated unpacking everything. It was such a chore! I guess it was the fact that I had two little ones hanging on me at the time. I never moved with kids before so it was a headache. But at least we bought this place and are never planning to sell so hopefully that was the last time to ever pack or unpack a box again!! :^: That bike from walmoart sounds like something I'd like. I never think to look at their exercise equipment. But they have some good stuff and prices I appreciate. I really would like a treadmill. Maybe next year we could afford one.
Well, I guess I need to end this post before everyone falls asleep trying to read it all!! I'll see you ladies later!! :)

Lilbitofsunshine 02-13-2002 02:24 PM

Good afternoon all!!! Welcome Amy! I hope you will find yourself at home here, we all are:lol:! Everyone is great and so supportive of eachother. Jackie, I'm still sending those vibes! Ginny are you and Dd getting things lined out? I believe the moon is in line or coming in full, my Dd's have been trying themselves too. Hey, Welcome back CMD!!!!! Glad you are moved! We missed you. I hated moving too. They will burry me on the mountain behind my house, I'm never leaving! Spryng, hope you are healing fast! Sore muscles are the worse! I'm kinda doing alittle healing myself. I did step aerobics last night with my yoga insructor. She has a class after yoga and asked me to stay. Wow, it really worked me over! I loved it! We are close in stats, I'm 5'3.5 and 125#. I feel pretty good but to be honest I really think I would like to be 115#. I'm taking it 5# at a time though to be safe. And this way I don't feel like a failure when it takes forever to lose 10#. Um as far as what size I wear, I have on a pair of Ralph Lauren slacks that are 8's. They are very loose though. I don't really know what size I wear to be honest. A 6 would probably be comfortable. My dungarees are 4's and they are snug but okay. I wear overalls or flannel pants most of the time and they all come in S M LG. I take a medium in those. So, who knows. Once I hit my final goal and maintain for a few months I'll go shopping and figure it out.
Well, TOM is here and I feel lousy! Tell me something, how do you all fight the cravings? Once I hit mine I crave chocolate and fatty foods like a mad woman :devil:! I blow my diet all to pieces and then have to start over again. It kills me. Please, Please give me some advice. Everyone's input is needed!
Ok I'll check back tonight for the answers. I gotta go shovel out stalls (yuck!) Dh is out hulling feed so it's all me girls!
Have a great diet day!!!!

spryng 02-13-2002 03:11 PM

I don't get too many cravings anymore when tom hits. But I just increase my water and try to stay busy. I do most of my deep house cleaning the week of mine. But if I'm not cleaning I take my mind off food by playing with the kids or the guitar or visiting family. Anything to keep me out of my kitchen. Plus I don't have anything sweet here to really snack on. My mom came over the other day and she had some chocolate cravings and wanted to know what I had that was chocolate and I had nothing sweet at all! I eventually found her a banana and that was it. My kids don't eat much sweets either. They like to snack on hotdogs and popcorn more than cookies or sweet things. So by not buying it I'm not tempted with it at home. Hope I was some help misty. How many times a week do you work out? I'm going to try to workout out 5 days a week except for sundays and mondays. Of course after my muscles feel better. The aerobics I'm doing are difficult but are suppose to give you fast results. So that's what I want to focus on. 30 minutes of hard aerobics/weight training a day. Then I figure after I hit my goal I'm going to switch to yoga. Something that's not as difficult but will still burn calories. How long is a typical workout for you girls?
Well, I'm off to find a deck plan for our house. We should be finally building one in the next month or so so I need to find what I want. I'll talk to you girls later!! :)

Freckles 02-13-2002 10:42 PM

Good Evening!

I'm just leaving another short post to let you all know that I'm still kicking! (Not too high though.) I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I started antibiotics yesterday. No high fever today, thank God! I'm still coughing quite a bit, but I found success in it. I've noticed that my tummy went down & seems a lot flatter. I've kept the 6# off & it better stay off 'til tomorrow is over. This way I can say that I made my Valentine's Day 5# goal! :lol: Welcome, Amy! One thing about the internet: You can pack up & leave the country, but your cyber buddies are just a click away! I hope that we will make you feel a little less lonely in your new surroundings. Misty: Thanks for the get well vibes! It's appreciated. :love: FYI: I fight my cravings by either getting outside for a walk or brushing my teeth. (Sometimes I just give in! :eek:
Ginny:I've been thinking of you for the past 2 days while I'm watching Oprah. Yesterday was on bad relationships with your child & today was on how to de-stress your life. One lady on there reminded me of your busy lifestyle with all your sports chasing. I taped todays show & just in case you missed it, I could mail it to you.:) Also, I'm glad that you miss me! Spryng: Hope that your muscles recover quickly! I haven't worked out in over 3 weeks, but when I do: It's usually every-other-day for aerobics & the other days are weight training. Aerobics for an hour, usually the recumbent bike & it usually takes me an hour or a little bit more for my weight training. I usually do the full circuit of machines @ the Y & do 3 sets of 12 reps on each. I usually don't work out on weekends, unless I've missed a lot during the week. When it comes to sweets: I don't have much of this around the house either. Today I'm totally stocked due to Valentine's Day! CDM: Glad to see you back! Glad that you had a safe move & are settled in enough to buy an exercise bike. Hope to see you posting more often.
Well, I'd better get going. I keep coughing & coughing & it's getting really hard to post this way. TTFN

Lilbitofsunshine 02-14-2002 11:00 AM

Happy Valentines Day!

Hi there Girls! Glad to know you are still kicking Jackie! And thanks for the info! Thanks to you too Spryng! I don't keep the junk in the house either but If I'm out (and TOM is here) I'll have my cravings in full!! I'll figure it out though. It didn't hurt me this month. I gave in, you don't even want to kow how bad I blew my diet yesterday...can you say 2500 calories? Yep! I worked out like a mad woman last night to burn it though. I was still 125# this morning so I'm in the clear! I work out in spurts, Spryng. It depends on how many calories I go over my allowance. I do yoga 7 days a week. But It's always different. I work it in as I can around my daily chores or when the mood strikes. I'm not strict to say. I don't expect much and sorda fly by the seat of my pants. That way if a day comes and I don't get in a cardio workout I'm not disappointed in myself. Yoga is a way of life for me though. It's like eating, breathing...etc. Sounds Kooky I know but it's my sanity. Like I said though I'll do 30 min here, 25 min there and maybe 50 min later. I probably get an hour of working out a day. But I have to say something too. I'm manic depressive. I hate to tell anyone this. I was on a ton of meds that caused me to gain a load of weight. I couldn't find a drug to suit me. All the cocktails they came up with had a bad side effect on me. So I decided to do it without the meds (before you freak I am still under the close supervision of 3 doctors). I am taking Omega 3 and doing yoga as my treatment. It's been almost 3 months now. This treatment has been very successful. Ok my skeletons' bones are rolling all over the place. You know how you say skeletons in your closet. There's mine. Hope no one thinks less of me. It's a hard thing to tell people about. Well I really gotta get myself in gear. I'll try and get back again today.
Have a Happy Diet (Valentines) Day!!!!!!!
Misty

spryng 02-14-2002 01:21 PM

Good afternoon all!!
Of course we don't think less of you misty!! :) In fact I am impressed that you found a lifestyle that helps your moods rather than a drug cocktail, as you mentioned. Yoga is suppose to be very relaxing and spiritual for the mind and body and it definitely seems that way for you! You are an inspiration to the rest of us! We all have our "skeletons" and by you opening up to us just lets us get to know you that much more and really like you that much more! I feel like we are all great friends here!! ;)
Jackie- I'm glad the antibiotics are working for you. I hope you feel 100% better real soon. We all love your posts here.
Thanks you guys for the info on your workouts. I'm going to try and workout everyday except when my DH is off from work which is sunday and mondays. I'm going to do only the hard aerobics/weight training so that I see some results faster. Plus that workout I enjoyed more than the beginners one.
I weighed in today and was depressed when I saw the results. It's been almost three weeks since I lost a lb. I'm still stuck at 134. I'm giving it one more week with the exercising and if I haven't lost at least one lb by then I'm going to lose my mind. I'm eating great, and drinking tons of water and yet my body is working against me. It's depressing. But I'm not going to let it get to me this time. I'm giving it until next thursday. Then I'm going to have a huge pity party for myself if I'm still 134.
Well enough about that. I guess I'm going to get off here and fix the kids some lunch.
Oh by the way girls, I have a personal question to ask you all. I'm on the BC pill. I've been on it for about 3 years now yet I'm tired of the side effects I'm having with it. I'm thinking about trying that new IUD Mirena. Have you heard of it? It's a more permanent method with no estrogen. What type of birth control do you use? And do you know anyone who uses Mirena?

ECmom 02-14-2002 03:21 PM

HI!!
Golly, I feel like a stranger here, missed 2 days and this is hopping!
Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I promise to check back in later and really do some justice to responding to y'all. But it is great to see all the posts. Glad that the move is done Cdm. And that you are feeling better Jackie!
Spryng good to hear from you (you were quiet for a few days). And Misti, I think it is wonderful that you found a treatment that works for you and is not so many meds! (wish my sister would do the same...............:( ).

I have a busy day, and all the kiddies are home tomorrow. Just Dd and I are home today, and for the most part she has been pleasant.
Ok, so who remembered that I wanted to lose 5# by Valentines Day? I think I was starting at 160# (not sure). Well, this am I weighed 156.5. Not exactly 5 #............but I'll take it! I have been really good with my eating the past few days (stress does that................).
Gotta go pick up Dd and Ds. See ya later!
Ginny

Lilbitofsunshine 02-14-2002 04:13 PM

Well I'm back again! :lol: We went out to lunch for Valentines Day. It was really nice. I went over my calories again:(. It's ok though. I'm gonna drown in some water and coffee get motivated and burn it off. Thanks for being so understanding Spryng and Ginny. It's really a hard thing to tell people. My mother-in-law just found out and she is always asking me "how are you feeling dear? are you ok?" it makes me mad. I feel like she is being mean, not concerned. She's a trick. Another time though, it would take all day to tell you about her.
Hey Spryng! Let me take a minute to talk about you and your work out. You probably all ready know all this but just in case. Did you know muscle weighs more than fat? With that said, if you are going to do weight lifting/high impact aerobics to tone you will most likely gain weight (also burn calories too). If you really are emotional about the #'s on your scale, go say 5#'s under your goal weight. Then do the weights/aerobic, gain the 5#'s back as muscle and be at your goal weight. Otherwise, throw the scale out and start measuring. You might be gaining #'s (or stay the same) but losing inches. I'm sure you know all this already but I had to say it. I do cardio work outs. I'm fairly toned and not looking to get ripped :lol:. Cardio burns up the cals and I feel good. Weights and high imapact aerobics make me hurt! I'm puney.
Okay I've talked enough I gotta go do something to burn off all the bad food I just ate!
Misty

ECmom 02-14-2002 11:51 PM

Hi!
Well, I'm back, just as I threatened!
Misty, I would never,ever say anything about a treatment that worked!!!!!!! Each person is different and has different needs.
I think it is great that what you are doing works for you, and that you felt comfortable enough to share your story here. I know of many that the antipressants are a miracle, and for those individuals I am thankful that they can take them. I get upset when I hear of someone on a coctail- and half of the coctail is more drugs to countereffect the bad side effect of one of the other drugs in the coctail. (in other words, where does the cycle end!?). Relax today......you can even out the calories tomorrow.
You've been so diligent up to now! Good advice too for Spryng.

Well, I need some sleep! (I ended the day under for my points, and got a walk in).
Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite!
Ginny

spryng 02-15-2002 11:20 AM

Thank you Misty. I know what you mean about mother in laws. I have one like that too!! So we understand :) Thank you for the info on exercising. I did know that weight training builds muscle but I didn't think my exercise would build much. It's a 20 minute workout that's divided into 3 minutes aerobics and 1 minute weight training. I thought it would help tone my back and my legs and arms. I didn't know that high impact aerobics causes muscle gain too. I'm not much of an expert when it comes to exercising. So if I do this exercise everyday I should expect weight gain and not loss because of gaining muscle???? :?: But I should still lose inches?? All I want is my size 8's to feel lighter on my hips. Will this exercise do that or make it worse?? I'm really enjoying the workout and can already feel the results through my abs and butt. But if I want the scale to say 125 should I stop working out with this program and do something for beginners?? I'm only exercising because I'm stalled on my weight loss and I thought this would jump start my metabolism. Am I doing the right thing??
Sorry for all the questions.

Lilbitofsunshine 02-15-2002 12:47 PM

I'm no expert either!:lol: Just done lots of research on the subject. No problem with the questions...don't be sorry. I'll do my best to answer them. Bear with me okay. Okay if you want to get to 125# and have your size 8's lighter... stop the work out you are doing. How many calories are you eating a day? I'm at 1500 and 125# so I'll tell you my program. I was on it when I was 135# it got me to 125# so I'm sure it will help you. I do the yoga probably an hour a day which tones muscles you have and burns calories. I do cardio to burn calories Usually 4-5x a week for as long as I can. My cardio is: running in place, jumping jacks, jumping rope, mountian lunges and climbing stairs. These will burn a ton of calories. I try to do it for 30 minutes rotating from one thing to the other so I don't get bored. It works great for me too because I can watch my kids while I work out and my 2 year old has been known to join in.:lol: Sometimes I like to do more if I'm on a bad eating spurt (3000 cals Yesterday!). I figured it out and on a day that I do cardio and yoga I burn near 600 calories working out. With all my other daily activities I'd say I am burning close to what I eat (when I'm not being bad!) 1500 calories. This is why my weight loss has been so successful. About the plateu you have hit. Try dirnking a cup of green tea in the morning with a couple of boiled eggs, this gives your metabolism a serious kick in the butt! If you eat alot of bread and pasta, dump it all for a few days. You will get fast results. I don't know why bread does this but everytime I hit a plateu I stop eating bread and wham the next day I'm losing again. Okay I gotta get kiddies are up from their nap! Hope I helped ya!

spryng 02-15-2002 04:34 PM

Thanks Misty for the advice!! :) I don't have any stairs to climb but I will modify my workout. I'll do it three times a week and see where I get. I may look into buying a yoga tape too. Sounds like my kind of pace anyway.
Where do you buy green tea at? And how do you drink it? Hot? With sweet-n-low? cold? I wish I could lose on 1500 cals a day. I stay at about 1000 everyday and lose slow. When I stayed at 800 I lost faster but everybody told me to increase my cals so I did and now I'm stalled. But that's ok. I'm not going to give up my weight training completely though. The workout for arms and back is really needed and I want to tone that part of my body. The aerobics I'm doing sounds like your cardio workout. Intense and gets the heart rate up. But I don't want to just quit my program. I really like it. So instead I'm compromising by cutting down the amount of workouts a week. I'll cut back to 3. Then I'll see where I stand next week on the scale. But I think I would be ok to stay at my weight but still lose inches by working out. As long as my size 8 jeans fit lightly on me I'm happy :) Well, I guess I'll get off here. Thank you so much for your advice. You really know what you are talking about!! :D

Lilbitofsunshine 02-15-2002 05:58 PM

Good luck Spryng! You'll work it out! You can find green tea in your local grocery store. I get mine at Kroger. It's in with the tea bags and coffee section. You can drink it hot or cold. I like it both ways. Probably not a good idea to load it down with sugar though. I might put a tsp of honey in it once in awhile but I usually drink it straight. Well I had to check in to tell you gals, I'm gonna "runnoft" for alittle while with my husband. Farm is about to kick it in high gear come March and we wanna get a little vacation in before it's to late! So I'll miss ya bunches! I promise to post the minute I am back!
Happy dieting!!!
Misti