3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Just don't understand (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/132752-just-dont-understand.html)

its my time 01-28-2008 11:05 AM

Just don't understand

Ok this is kinda of a rant I know I should wait tell the end of my week but it still can be frustraing any how, yestermorning I woke up and I was 214, I wasn't feeling very good, so I really didn't do much I was a couple hundred calories under what I am doing but that also had 2 do w/me forcing myself 2 work out so I got a couple hundred more calories 2 eat,
any how I got up 2 day and I am up 2lbs, ugggg, anyhooo thanks for letting me vent, lol

JayEll 01-28-2008 11:17 AM

Hey its_my_time,

Gosh, with all the weight you've lost, it seems odd that you'd be worried about a little blip like this! You must know that these things happen. So, don't worry about it--just keep going with your plan--you're doing fine!

Jay

its my time 01-28-2008 11:19 AM

lol, well I have been having probs for the last year I gained back 45lbs, this week getting back in gear hasn't even been a week so I guess thats why, lol

Glory87 01-28-2008 12:23 PM

My weight can fluctuate anywhere from 1-5 lbs during the course of a DAY. Depending on how much I eat (the weight of the food), how much I drink (a glass of water is HEAVY), sodium intake, hormonal stuff, etc etc.

In my previous weight loss attempts, I weighed myself multiple times a day and it was an emotional roller coaster. When my weight was down - I was euphoric, committed, happy with my program. If my weight was up, I was devastated, felt like a failure and a loser. And this happened all day long, up and down up and down.

In July 2004, when I changed my life, I was determined to get off the roller coaster and committed to weighing just once a week. I still weigh on Sunday morning - exactly the same scenario every week (get up, pee, strip, weigh). This gives me consistency where I can get a better picture of my actual weight (without a lot of daily variations).

Some women here LIKE the daily bobbles and weigh often to get more in tune with their bodies and how they change during the course of the day. It made me NUTS and I didn't enjoy it at all, for me - once a week was better. I also tracked my weight loss in an excel spread sheet. Seeing the gradual downward slope of the graph was very rewarding and motivating to me.

You absolutely did NOT gain 2 lbs of fat in a day. That would require a caloric excess of 7000 calories - you would notice consuming that much. What you are seeing is just a normal water weight variation!

Good luck!

bargoo 01-28-2008 12:28 PM

Good advice from Glory. I also found the best way to drive yourself crazy is to weigh too often. It doesn't make you lose any faster . Fluctuations of weight are normal.

mandalinn82 01-28-2008 12:53 PM

You've been down this road, right? So you know that the scale doesn't always cooperate. Sometimes, it just doesn't work out.

Give it another week and take a deep breath. If nothing is happening, change up your routine and keep on trucking.

ggmugsy 01-28-2008 02:21 PM

My logical and mathematical side can read these comments and my brain KNOWS I haven't gained 2.6 pounds of FAT this week . . . but my PMS'y and hormonal side finds it maddening. It's maddening to stick with your program and meet your exercise goals and still GAIN weight due to something completely out of your control . . . HORMONES.

So, it's my time, I completely understand and I'm standing exactly where you are. We have no other choice but to just keep on keepin' on. However, I reserve the right to want to curse the men of this world with water weight gain and PMS.

Glory87 01-28-2008 03:15 PM

I always always always gain at least 3 lbs the week of my period. Now, I just don't get on the scale that week. If it makes you feel better, the extra period weight is always gone the next week. It's not fat, it's just water! Don't let it discourage you.

its my time 01-28-2008 03:52 PM

Thanks everyone, Yea I only weight wants a day, it seems 2 help me I don't get depressed w/that I just could be live it said 2 when I really didn't eat that much like I said I wasn't feeling good, hopefully its just TOM coming, I never know when I am going 2 start I dont get the warnings like most woman do, hopefully when my real weight day comes I will be down those 2lbs plus more, wooooohooooo:carrot: