Stay At Home Mom's # 32

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • STAY AT HOME MOM'S #32
    GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!

Welcome to a thread full of humor, encouragement, friendship & fellowship, as we share the ups & downs of raising a family & losing weight! We welcome all new friends & our returning friends too!!

Be sure to go back and check out the Stay At Home Mom's #31 thread to see what has been going on in everyone's lives & meet our newcomers.

Ginny
  • Hi!
    Spryng and Misti~ I left a sort of long post on the previous thread regarding the potty training saga. (gotta keep your sense of humor about it!). I hope that your days are going well.
    I'd better go finish changing the sheets.
    Have a great day!
    Ginny
  • Thanks Ginny for the advice!! I think I will try a few more days and if nothing is improving I'll go back to diapers. Today has been better. We've been gone all day (getting taxes done) so I just put her in a diaper. The stress is gone right now. My eating has been ok too.
    Sorry I seemed so cranky misti. Just had one of those days you know? But it's over now!!
    Well, I'll write more later. We are getting our satelite hooked up.
  • Aw, it's ok Spryng. Don't worry about it. We all have those moments. Well, glad to see you back Ginny! That Dh thing was so funny! I still can't believe I said that! I really wish I could get out and walk like you do. It's just not possible with these lil' ones and this weather though. I'm doing alot better as far as the binge urges go, thankfully! Everyone here seemed to stay cranky all day. I gave up on trying to please them all. It was making me miserable. I plugged in a show for the kids and read aittle. They are still quirreling with eachother. I just had to runnoft for awhile! Anyhow I better get and finish up the dinner dishes.
  • Hi everyone!
    HI
    Well here I am - still havent moved! They say sometime the end of this week we will "close" on the house. I guess I have to just wait and see. I cant even express the STRESS I feel! Of course that is affecting my eating too! Still getting no exercise, except for the everyday cleaning and chasing the kids. Spryng, aint potty training the worst?? I was kinda lazy with the potty training (kept putting it off) but by the time I got around to it - it was easy because she was ready! If it feels really challenging and if you both are getting upset, it may not be time yet. You could give it even a few weeks and then "try again" Like Ginny said... She wont wear diapers forever (but they sure are costly! I will be glad to not have to buy them anymore - But I have a long while before we are to the potty training stage!) Well anyway I wish you luck!
    Hope everyone is doing well with their diets, and exercising.
    Ginny you seem really commited to your walking! Good for you, Cant wait till nicer weather so I can get out there too!
    Talk to you all soon.
    Take care
  • Hi!
    Well, Cdm, the good thing about you not moving is that we still hear from you regularly. ( I would imagine that you will be really busy right after moving and won't be able to post much). But that is not much of a consolation. It must be tough on you and your family~ having everything packed up and living out of a bare minimum. Chin up!!!!!! It will be over sooner or later!
    Misti, I hope that everyone settles down and gives you a good day tomorrow!!!!! And that you did get a few minutes to read (sort of a mental minivacation, eh?) It can be so hard when the kids are fussy and quarrel. After a while I would get so batty from all the crankiness . Maybe it did some permenant brain dammage to me...............what do you think!!!!!!! (no comment, Jackie, if you are out there................)
    Spryng- I hope that I did not sound too much like I was giving a lecture on potty training there.........each child is different and all 3 of mine trained differently. The earliest to train was our son, who gave up diapers at 26 months. (who says that boys are difficult to train?) But that was him and although he was easy to potty train, he sure has been tough to train in other areas. Take homework, for example..........I am still waiting for him to train there! But I must say that the "special" undies thing worked for all 3 of my children, when they were ready.

As for me and walking. It is my sanity. I started with this walking thing 2 1/2 years ago. That summer I had been to the doctor for some routine stuff and my blood pressure was fine. At the end of that summer, I had some really screwy symptoms- in addition to some light headness and bad headaches ( I have a high pain threshold, so needing advil for a headache that persisted told me something was wrong). So off to the Dr I went. A mere 3 months after a very normal blood pressure reading mine was something obscene like 180/120! The Dr was shocked. The only thing that had changed in my life was...............Dd!!!!! Ah, the joys of a 13 year old daughter!!!!!!!! But seriously (and she is a good kid, good grades, nice friends etc...) her mouth and the total and I mean total disrespect she had (and still has at times) for me was killing me. Long story short, I went on some medication for the Bp (which is quite normal now) and on the advice of my Dr started walking. I live in my walking shoes. And when Dd gets ugly (it still happens,but not usually as bad- or I have gotten used to it and deal with it better) I walk! I would be lost (or dead) if I did not. I love to walk and those early am walks are oh, so peaceful. (all self respecting teenagers are asleep at that 5 am !!!!) And I am a winter nut- walking in the cold I enjoy, 'cause it wakes me up. So now that you all know I am clinically deranged................ Thanks for all the comments about being dedicated with walking, but what I am getting at is that it is really very self serving of me.

Enough babbling, Ginny!!!!
    I had better go and try to get some sleep. I am hoping to get up early again for another walk tomorrow.
    Have a great nite!
    Ginny
  • And, speaking of Jackie!!!! Where are ya, girl!!!!!!!! We miss you!
  • I was kinda wondering about Jackie too. I hope the flu hasn't gotten her down to awful bad. We miss you! I really am considering trying to get up at 5 am and begining walking. Our children usually aren't up until 7 am. Yoga was my sanity but it seems to be slipping, I still love it though. I'm just needing more. I have a really terrific friend (Levi Garrett, my dog) who would love the time with me too. I believe I'll give it a try tomorrow morning. Thank you Ginny for the inspiration. The family seems to be better today. It was very unusual for them to act so yesterday. Our Dd's are always such great friends. It's a faze I'm sure. The oldest and I always have problems at breakfast. We do more of a brunch, she and I do. We seem not to have much of an appitite first thing in the morn. We usually get the morn chores done. Then come in and fix our brunch. She in sisted on grilled cheese and french fries today! Funny but that's what she wants. I fixed it and one for me but I can't seem to bring myself to eat it with all the fat in it. Well hope you all are having a good mornin'!
  • Good morning!
    Misti- glad that the kids are doing better. You'll love an early am walk. It is oh, so peaceful!!! I did not get mine in this am- it was icy out there, so I did a walk aerobics tape instead. But I have a walk planned for tomorrow.
    Great that all that fat in food is bothering you (makes it easier to resist).
    Gotta go, I have a busy day ahead. See ya later!
    Ginny
  • Oh! Golly, Gee! I sure feel "special" after reading how much you gals missed me! This darn virus really has taken a toll on me. The only nice thing about it is that I have kept the 6# off for more than a week! Yeah!! Thank you gals for your concern. During the time that I was extremely sick, I had no ambition to take my anti-depressants & so....I turned into a basket case, very depressed & wanting to give up! I was also very, very tired & had to take tons of naps. Well, I've been back on the meds for almost a week now & I'm starting to feel like my bubbly self again! (Well, almost!) We FINALLY had Christmas with DH cousin & his family last night. On both sides of the family we had to cancel 4 times due to sickness or school functions. I'm sure glad that the visit is over & done with. I thought that it would be next Christmas before we got together. All my preparing is out of the way, thank goodness. I pulled a good one yesterday. I had them over for dinner & went thru all the trouble planning the meal, cleaning the house & to top things off: I absent mindedly scheduled my perm yesterday & also....this is the same evening that DD has Pom's practice & dance class! Talk about hyperventilating!! So....I'm glad today is a little slower for me! Ginny: Now you know why I didn't make any funny comments in regards to your comment about yourself! Back to me: I was doing real well staying OP for the past week until Super Bowl Sunday came along & I cooked up a storm & also made a large batch of Chocolate Chip Toll House cookies! I couldn't leave them alone, so I'm sure the 6# will be back on my bod in no time! Just in case-I'm going to eat extremely light for the next few days & maybe it will balance out. CDM: I'm not sure if you answered my question on where you live or are moving to. I live near Milwaukee, WI Are you moving in that direction? You can drop me a Private Message if you'd like. Ask Ginny:
    You can trust me! Maybe you mentioned it in an earlier post & I didn't catch it. I hope that your move goes smoothly for you. I really give you credit for trying to cook a well-balanced meal for everyone during the "moving process".
    (For the most part, at least!) Lil'Sunshine: Again: Thanks for your concern over me! I had to keep on telling myself to "hold on" & that things would get better. Baby steps, baby steps!! And sure enough, the meds kicked in, my laundry is all caught up, my main floor is in good shape, (thanks to having company!) & all I have to do now is the upstairs. Still haven't finished DD's room & it looks like I haven't even made an attempt in there! Today is garbage day so...after this post I'm in a throw-out mood & the game of trying to beat the garbage man! Lets see how many G-Bags I can fill up before the garbage man gets here! Glad to hear that you made it over the family hump too! (No more quarreling?) Spryng: I think that I'd wait with the potty training until after the taxes are filed. What worked best for both of my kids is to keep them in their underwear & of course-try & keep them on a hard-floor area so that you are not constantly scrubbing the carpets! My kids hated the feeling of the potty running down their legs, so....It didn't take them long & they were trained. My DS was trained over the summer, so I didn't mind if he "watered the lawn" from time to time. He also thought it was funny to hide behind the Evergreen trees & go. We live out in the boonies & our whole yard is outlined in Evergreen trees, so no one can really see anything either. And in the house...He always tried to aim for the "Cheerio's" in the toilet bowl. Of course, this only works for boys. (Unless you have a DD like mine, who used to think it was neat to try & pee standing up!) For DD, I used to keep M&M's on hand & if she stayed dry & used the "potty" she got a small hand-full of them. I'm so glad that those days are over! Well gals, I posted longer than I should have & I think that the garbage man came thru already. I sure hope that it was the recycling guy instead. So.....just in case, I'd better sign off for now & start throwing out things in DD's room. Until later, TTFN!!
  • Good morning everyone! Well I am taking your advice Ginny and putting off the potty training for awhile. I'll try again in a few weeks. So everything around my house is peaceful again. I thought she was ready, all the signs were there but when it came down to it she didn't mind peeing on herself. So that shows she isn't quite there yet.
    My day for dieting yesterday wasn't fantastic but it wasn't horrible either. We had mexican for lunch. I ate quite a bit but then I came home and had nothing else the rest of the night but water. I'm retaining because of my oncoming TOM. Today we are suppose to have a nice lunch at olive garden so i'm splurging again. But then that's all I will eat besides alot of water the rest of the day. But tomorrow all goes back to normal and I'll stay at 1000 like usual.
    Taxes are finally done. We pick up our check today. That's nice. It turned out that we got more back then expected!! That was great to hear!! Now we can catch up on the dreaded bills.
    Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back in later.
  • Hi!!!!
    Welcome back Jackie!!!!!!!!!!
    Got a ton of stuff to do now, and I will respond later to you and Spryng.
    See ya!
    Ginny

(just could not resist welcoming you back!)
  • Good evening everyone!! Good to see you back jackie and feeling better!! And I'm taking your advice, I'm waiting on potty training for a few more weeks. I already have the panties put away awaiting the day my dd would rather wear them than a diaper.
    But today has been great for me!! We got our tax return back and it was much more than expected which was heaven!! So we have been running all day paying bills and shopping. I went clothes shopping tonight. It was so nice to buy a pair of brand new size 8 jeans!! The ones I was wearing are alomst 4 years old!! I keep everything! But I bought two new pair and it felt so good!! I also bought a size 8 dress. It's summery and very pretty. I can't wait until it warms up so I can wear it!!
    My DH took me out to lunch at the olive garden. It was delicious!! But I did ok as a whole on dieting. The kids were even good through lunch. They were starving like us and was quiet as they devoured their food. So we had a really nice time.
    You remember me complaining about not getting much of a winter this year?? Well I have to take that back. It has been snowing all day. They are calling for 10-18 inches by morning!! I'm glad. Then my DH gets to stay home yet still get paid and we can take the kids out for some snow fun!! This is my ds first snow. So it's exciting to see it through his eyes!! He doesn't know what to think of it, but he likes it.
    Well, I'll see you girls here tomorrow!! Take care!!
  • Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah, now to respond to the posts.....................

Jackie- first of all, I am going to buy one of those medicine thingys that are labelled for all 7 days of the week. Then I am going to insist that you, yes you, put your meds in there at the beginning of the week and take them! And if that is not reminder enough I'll get in the van and start driving................all the way out to personally harrass you! Ok, you might have been too sick if you had the stomach bug to keep anything down. But promise me that you will take care of yourself, ok? Please?????? I am glad that you are feeling better though! We sure missed you!
    I love your overscheduled day~ the perm and company and Dd's practices............ sounds just like something I would do! (and for me, somehow think it was a normal day..........a real type A personality here). Hope that you dig out Dd's room. And I enjoyed your potty training stories.........

Spryng-Congrats on the new clothes and the tax refund! That dress sounds pretty and great for showing off your newly regained figure. Olive Garden has great food, doesn't it? I could live on their salad, the dressing is devine (please don't tell me the calorie count!!!!!!!!). But actually they do have some entrees that are marked low in fat- so as long as you do not pig out totally sanity can prevail. But then, you have been so discplined in your eating that one meal out will not matter and is well deserved.

Today I have to attempt to get this house in order............ (Jackie, help please!!!) And I am not really inspired to do so. Maybe once I get started it will not be so bad. I did get another 5 am walk in, it was cold but nice. My problem is that I could walk for an hour.... maybe longer but have to get back to make breakfast for the gang.

I had better scoot and go tackle the kitchen. See ya later! Have a great day!
    Ginny
  • Good Day, All!

Well, so far today, I've been doing pretty well staying OP. It's almost ll a.m. here, so I have a long...day ahead of me, but for the most part, I think I'll stay accountable. I'm a little slow on my water this a.m. (Due to shopping 'til I dropped this a.m.) I plan on just about drowning in it this afternoon. I didn't do any form of exercise for days. (Unless you count running up & down our stairs & pushing a shopping cart around the store for nearly 2 hours!) For inquisitive minds: I didn't go grocery shopping & eat all the samples that are around every corner! I'll save this for tomorrow! Spryng: Good for you that you went shopping & bought some clothes for yourself! Wow, a size 8!! I haven't been an 8 in 10 years!
    Just hearing about your success gives me motivation to keep on going! I hope you have/had a blast in the snow with your family. Walking thru all that snow is a good workout for your legs & buttocks! Oh!, make sure that your little one's don't eat any of the yellow snow! What a great way of firming them up & have some fun in the process! The Olive Garden is one of my favorite places to go for a salad. I don't even think about the calories once I'm there.(Maybe a few days later, though.) Ginny: FYI: I do have one of those 7-day pill keepers, it's just that I was too darn sick to even think about taking one of them! Well, for my sanity: I'm "faithfully" taking them again! You know what?
    I should have kept my mouth shut about having one of them. I would have finally had a chance to meet you! Oh well!! I'll keep that in mind for the next time! DD's room is just about done & then I'm going to go thru DS's room again. Once their rooms are in order & if I have some extra time, I'll go thru & pick out some more things to get rid of. (Yah, right!!) Sorry Ginny, I don't think I'll have any free time to fly to NY & help you. I'm really sorry!! Some words of advice: Once you get started, you'll be on a roll.

Well gals, I've been @ the 'puter long enough & unfortunately, I have to go & finsh DD's room. See yah all later!