Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 05:40 AM   #1  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Default ~~Thru Thick & Thin~~#132

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:21 AM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hey Hey, another day!~~Boy what a difference a day makes, it's cold here this morning. I got back on the treadmill again yesterday. Have I told you yet that I hate that thing! I also hate being fat, choice's, choice's, we all have choice's to make. Today...it's the treadmill. Somehow I forgot to sleep last night. Maybe it's a good thing and I can sleep tonight although I will have Brett in the bed with me. Yep...He's spending the night. I won't get him until about 5 and he will go home about 8 in the morning. My new blood pressure meds aren't working at all, not at night anyway. I don't know what it is going to take.

Moonstone~~That is a different name. It's those hiatus times that gets us in trouble. I've had a lot of them and I'm in big trouble. But if you have kids, your still young and there is a lot of hope and life left for you. Go for it. WW has a good food plan, and it works, if you work it. I'm wishing you all the luck and fortitude you need to go all the way this time. You'll love yourself for it. Friday will be a big turning point for you. Looking forward to getting to know you and hearing of your losses every week.

Tobey~~Sorry your weather is going south too, it went right past me. Must have ended up in Texas. I have many years on you, but your light years a head of me on cooking. I'm getting muffins down pat though. I'm not real adventurous in cooking, I would have to eat it all, hubby is not much on trying new things.

Jo Jo~~I noticed yesterday that my daffodils are trying to come up. I've never tried to take care of them and they will not die. The things I want is the ones that dies. Girl if I sent my hubby to the store for food, I'd get something like pigs feet back. In the 40 years we've been married he has gone to the grocery store with me exactly once, and that was enough. He can do the working and I'll take care of the buying. It's worked well that way.

Jen~~Oh my God, you mean to tell me that with a job and school to take care of, you drive 70 miles one way to school. Girlfriend you are under a load. I hope that schooling lands you a good job. OPPs...Now lookie there, I've gone and called you girlfriend, I should have said, "My sweet child." My dh drives about 55 miles one way to work and has been doing it since 1971. We've burned a lot of gas over the years. We like where we live!!! Your the only one that mentioned the Challenge. Last time we challenged other groups in a weight loss contest. It run for so many weeks and we devided the weight each group lost by the numbers of girls in the group that entered to make it come out fair. Any ideas would help. The only thing I can thank of is for the support board groups that wants to get in a challenge could challenge the Buddy up board. What do you thank. It puts pressure on you to day the least. I made that larger so the others would read it. Ha Ha

Make this day count, be good to yourself. See ya tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:30 AM   #3  

Hi Marlena! Not so young - 45 - I had all four kids between 31 and 36! They're 9, 11, 13 and 15 right now! The "baby fat" I'm trying to get off is 9 years old!!! As I"m new here, who is Brett? As you mentioned your husband, I'm assuming it' not him -- also that you guys aren't doubling up!! Is he a grandchild?

I love the idea of a Challenge - any incentive is good! I know what you mean about the treadmill - mine has been acting as a clothes horse for the past year BUT I have been on it (albeit for 25-30 minutes and NOT fast) for three days in a row now!! Even last night when I was bagged as I worked two 12 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday, two 10's on Monday and Tuesday and today a 9! Between homework duties (which, with my guys, ends around 9:30 at night), supper, etc, and I am up at 4:45 am to get to work, I was bagged but pulled it down and used it for 25 minutes.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Have a "fruitful" day!
Old 01-30-2002, 02:34 PM   #4  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well I am happy to report that I had a 4.6-lb. loss yesterday! I was so surprised by the amount. So that revamping really paid off and I’m going to keep it up! Today we are to be in the mid-70’s again and could tie or break a record. Well it was way to nice out to exercise in the gym so I went out on the trail here in the Office Park, what a difference those hills make!

Tobey, thanks for the web sites I’ll have to check them out.

Moonstone, believe me when I started back on the treadmill I was happy just to finish 20 or 30 minutes. Your speed and distance will come back before you know it, it has for me. Keep at it is the best thing.

Marlana, I like the challenge idea of one board against another. I also think how we tracked it was the only way a challenge could work. How about pounds loss between Monday February 4 and April 1st. That’s the Monday after Easter and is 7 weeks. Given its Thursday, we may have to drop it back to 6 weeks and start February 11th.

Well got to go to our propaganda meeting on the new company…I love corporate America

Marybeth
241/183.6/160
Old 01-30-2002, 04:19 PM   #5  

Hi All

It has been a busy day at work so this is the first chance I had to get in today. We handed out our company sweatshirts today and they were well received by everyone. In fact I am thinking about throwing mine on right now – I think someone jacked up the a/c in our office and I’m freezing – I’m a delicate flower you know The weather has started to take a nasty turn here. You would think it was winter or something. In fact we have a storm warning in effect (for either tomorrow or Friday – I missed what they said). They are expecting up to 15cm (about 6 inches). Blah!

Jojo: I bet your days just fly by at work! I used to have a job that sounds very much like yours in now. I know how stressful it can get some days. The only thing that made it worthwhile was my boss and co-workers. They were great – everything else sucked! Including the $$. I hope those daffodils don’t freeze. Some areas outside of the city had freezing rain. My boss’ daughter fell in their drive this morning it was so slippery. Glad there was nothing around our house. Dh used to get sick at the ideas of sushi as well. Then he tried to veggie sushi and liked it and has now progressed to fish (yuck!). However, I think he favourite is still avocado. Glad to hear that everything should be okay with unemployment. Guess you will be able to breath again!

Jen: So what did the day have in store for you today? Did you make it to class? I don’t think I could eat raw fish either (even if I wasn’t a vegetarian) but cucumber or avocado and rice go soooo well. There is actually a place downtown that makes 80 different varieties of vegetarian sushi. I have been there yet but it is on my list. I have also heard that about pedometers. Here is a link to an article that you might find useful: http://walking.about.com/library/gg/aabybpedometer.htm

Marlana: Sorry to hear that the new meds are working. What a tough time you are having. You should get in some good exercise tonight chasing Brett around. It too bad that you hate the treadmill so much. Although I totally understand. I don’t find it very exciting either – it just doesn’t beat being in the outdoors! When I have to do treadmill workouts I normally play games with myself and listen to really loud music. Have you tried reading a magazine or watching TV while you walk? At least you are sticking with it. Who knows – maybe it will grow on you.

Moonstone: Wow that’s a lot of wee ones in a short period! Yikes! What do you do that work such crazy hours? That’s great that you were able to muster up the energy (and motivation) to exercise. Good for you!

Mb: CONGRATULATIONS What an amazing loss! You aren’t kidding that the revamping paid off. Wowee! It is sooo much nicer to exercise outside, isn’t it? Now that the weather is becoming so blah here, I am extra glad that I ran an extra day when it was so nice out. Let us know how that propaganda meeting goes – good luck!

Well that’s all for now. Have a good one and think warm thoughts!
Tobey
Old 01-30-2002, 05:19 PM   #6  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey everyone.

We have another beautiful day with the a/c running. I cleaned all my fish tanks today and then started playing with the digital camera that my friend gave me. This is the friends that we helped move and we also have kept their 4 wheeler through the summer for them. They feel like they want to pay us and we won't accept anything so they try to find things that they think we want as gifts. I love this camera. I think that with some practice, I might be able to get some pictures of my fish to post.

Marlana~Maybe another challenge is just what we need. Valentines' Day is too soon but we can go for Spring or April Fool's Day. We could come up with a cut name like Spring Fling or April Fool's Face-Off....... I watch too many movies don't I. I still have a lot going on through February 10 but after that, there are not excuses for my bad eating. My sunburn is getting better but is starting to itch a little. Winter burns are much better than those summer burns but I'd rather not have either. I wore that sleeveless blouse because it was so warm and I wanted to get a little color on my arms. Red was not the color that I was looking for though. The camera was still in the package with all the papers and the CD to install the software on this puter. I hope to take some time and really learn how to use it correctly. My first attempt on my fish was better than a whole roll of film with my regular camera. I like Marybeth's idea of starting on Feb 11. That should give all the groups ample time to gather their participants and their weights.

Moonstone~We are so glad that you decided to join us. It is amazing to make such good friends from all over the world here. I feel closer to some of these gals than some of my friends in the flesh. Actually, some of us have met in person after meeting here. One of our former members of this group has been to my house and is coming again next week. She and her husband winter in Florida and visit a relative that lives close enough for them to spend a day with me. I also plan to make a trip to Oklahoma one of these days to visit and fish with Marlana. I have also been a successful member of WW and now am just a once in a while participant. I hope to change that really soon and start taking some of this blubber off. WTG getting on that treadmill 3 days in a row. That is a wonderful start.

Tobey~My husband just loves it when someone praises his sticks. He actually sold another 5 last week at a campground not far from us. A neighbor/friend works there and sells her crafts along with hubby's sticks. She is the one that I went to the craft show with in October and hubby sold his first sticks ever. He had always given them away for years and then decided to make this a hobby that he could recover some of the costs. I'm glad that he has found something that keeps him from watching TV all day long. I am going to have to try to find someplace that sells the vegetable sushi so that I can try it. That sounds good to me.

JoJo~I think the name of NoMore was cute too and it was definitely a hint but Tobey had the answer to that, JustOneMore. I love it and I have a feeling that I will probably use it before this is over. I just can't resist the pastel colored ones. I really think that I might have to find a help group for bettaholics. These 5 fish, a parrot and my two poodles keep me very busy. When my friend goes back to New York, she is leaving #6 betta with me. And to think that I was worried about being bored after we retired. Donating platelets is very new to me. I know that it is the clotting factor of the blood and is used mostly for cancer patients. I give enough each time to help three people. It is very yellow and creamy after it is separated and they shake it up.
It 's weird to think that all that is in my blood. It doesn't hurt and there are no after affects, it is just time consuming.

Jen~I really miss seeing some snow once in a while. I have my winter screen savers that are snow scenes to help remind me that it is supposed to be winter out there. All my bushes are blooming and plants are poking their heads out of the ground. It will be disastrous if we have another freeze now. I asked hubby to start laying my pills out every day again and he is doing that for me. I just forget to take them any other way. He always remembers his pills in the morning. Let's hope that taking mine daily brings my iron up for the platelet donation in the morning. I have also been eating a lot of salad and I had spinach for lunch today. I am going to have some more with my dinner. My gosh but you drive a long way to school. It's good thing that it isn't every day.

Marybeth~WTG on such a great loss. That is amazing. I want to do that too. I need to figure out what I do wrong when I follow the WW 123 plan. I never lost like that. Feb 11 would be perfect for me to with the challenge. Maybe you could send me a sample of your journal so that I can see what I was doing wrong. Or I could send you a sample of mine and you can tell me where I am going wrong. I'll be glad when all my busy days with company and special functions is over and I can get back OP on a daily basis. On again, off again is at least keeping me from gaining any additional weight.

It is now time to plan a good healthy lite dinner. I think a Lean Cuisine with spinach and a salad sounds scrumptious. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:40 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone. Another busy day at work today and I'm really tired tonight. I'm going to finish this up then I'm getting off here and putting on my warm nighgown & robe and I'm going to sit in the recliner and either watch tv or read, or both.

We've been getting rain since yesterday and it looks as if it will rain thru tomorrow to. They were calling for freezing rain tonight, up to 1/4 of an inch accumulation but they've since called that off. Depends on how cold it gets during the night. I know north of us, they are getting freezing rain and snow. I'd be happy to get a couple inches of snow.

Skeeter, I love the name Justonemore. Thats so cute and I'm sure you will get the opportunity to use it. I told you way back when you started buying those fishies you'd soon be needing a betta support group. Oh!!! Your talking about running the a/c and I'm freezing my fannie off here. I've got a tiny digital camera to but I don't use it much and I wish I'd never bought it. It doesn't have a flash on it and I can't use it in the house unless its bright daylight. DH got me a nicer one for Xmas that has a flash on it. I've not got all the programs loaded on the puter tho and I need to do that.

Marlana, sounds like you might need to explore the dr's idea that maybe you have sleep apnea. That can be serious especially if that is what is causing your bp to raise during the night when you are sleeping. They have to do a sleep study on you to diagnose it tho. I know they say snorers have a high rate of having sleep apnea. I have to make a list for dh when he goes to the store or he'd forget everything I wanted him to get. He does pretty good. Last time he only got everything on the list and nothing else.

Tobey, usually the day flies by when I'm really busy but sometimes even when I'm busy, it creeps by. Seems like that is when I'm feeling bored with what I'm doing. But I've got so many different things to do these days, I haven't been bored. I, to, am a delicate flower. DH would crack up if I said that. I may just have to tell him that tonight and see what kind of reaction I get.

Marybeth, WOWOW!!!Way to go, girl. 4.6 lbs is wonderful. Whatever you are doing is working so keep it up.

Moonstone, I love your name. In fact, I am looking for a ring that has moonstone in it. I've seen some on one of the shopping channels but I'm waiting for one that really "grabs" me. I really go for the different type of stones. I've seen moonstone in a couple of different colors. You and I are the same age. When is your birthday? Mine is August 13th.

Jen, have you had to get out and shovel snow today? This is one wet weather front thats coming thru. One of the inspectors at work said that the snow was wet and heavy. Gosh, you have a long day when you have classes. I'm not much for driving long distance and I'm so glad I dont live far from work.

Well, I think I got everyone. I am going to get off here and go fix something to eat. Take care.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:36 AM   #8  

Hello All

Well winter is official here! I walked out the car this morning and there was all of this white stuff everywhere!! I am looking out my office window right now and can see that it is really coming down. It looks like a good ol’ fashioned Canadian winter storm. BLAHHHHHH. Dh was sweet and drove me to the subway station this morning. I’m not that crazy about driving in the snow. I did enough of that last winter. I was doing a fairly long commute to my last job and last winter we had some nasty storms. One time it took me over 2 ½ hours to get home. If it does end up being a treacherous storm today, I told him that I would just take the bus home from the subway. But hopefully it will have stopped by then and everything will be ploughed and sanded. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Skeeter: Mother Nature has flipped on our natural a/c here! Sounds like you have some really great friends. I love doing stuff for people when I know that they truly appreciate it. I bet you’ll have a great time with your camera. Can’t wait to see some fishie pics – especially NoMore. I think its great that you hubby has started selling his sticks. They are really super. Veggie sushi is good as long as it is fresh – nothing more than a day old. I wish I could just pop over to your place and make you batch. Especially with this weather! I am glad I planned to make soup and toasted tomato sandwiches for dinner. This is perfect soup weather. Hey you might actually appreciate this soup – it is a homemade cream of broccoli soup that you make entirely in the microwave! I got it from a friend a few years ago. It is one of my favourite all time soups!

Jojo: Hope you did get a chance to kick back and relax last night. Sounds like you could really use some down time. You would be happy to get a couple inches of snow?!?!?!? I would be more than happy to send you some of ours! There is nothing worse than having a pile of “boring” work to do. You are right that the time just crawls by then. At least you have a variety on the go right now.

Hmmm…. Looks like I’m done posting already. Hey where is everybody? I hope you aren’t snowed in!

Tobey
Old 01-31-2002, 11:42 AM   #9  

OOPPPSSS - just realized we are will over 30 posts so I have started #133.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:44 AM   #10  

Duh!!! I think I have snow on brain! I thought that the number of views was actually the number of posts!

We can conitue here. I will delete 133.

Sorry 'bout that!!

Old 01-31-2002, 11:50 AM   #11  

Hi everyone!
I'm with you Toby, here is winter with a passion! I msut be geting old - I loved the snow when I was younger, now I dread it - Toronto drivers don't help I lived in the Matitimes for several years and the winters were much worse down ther and I didn't mind them as much ... but I was younger too! Luckily I am home today as I work Sunday to Wednesday so that helps although I still had to drive and then later pick up the guys.

Tobey - I think our salters and sanders are raring to go as they have been so bored so hopefully your ride home will be ok - hopefully you'll be home before it turns into freezing rain!

Skeeter - what are the sticks you guys are talking about that your husband makes?? Good luck with your fish and figuring out your camera - they're really great and one of these days I would like to get one. One of my sisters lives in LA and sends me pics of my newphew and twin neicees so I really think that is one of their best features! I am a "Canada Day" baby - July 1. My ma always said we were meant to immigrate here because of that! We came from Ireland when I was around 5. I'm happy with the name too - I love those stones as well and love the moon!

Marlana - I agree that you should get your sleep checked out - sleep apnea can be serious but can be treated - also I take ST. John's Wort before I go to bed each night - apart from the benefits in terms of my perimenopause and mood swings, it has a slight sedative effect and I have noticed in th epast month since I have been taking it my sleeping is a LOT better.

MbG - FANTASTIC weight loss!!! You must be thrilled! How much is that in total now? I agree about the treadmill and am doggedly keeping to it - despite a crazy evening - I didn't get to catch a breath from the time I walked in until 9:30 p.m. (and I had been up since 4:30am) - but I pulled out the treadmill and did 25 minutes - my calves aren't aching quite as badly and I actually jogged for 3 minutes (pathetic but I was thrilled ).

Starkeeper - hope you had a relaxing night, - sounds like you needed it after work! But it is better to be busy than not - I HATE it when it is slow at work as time drags and I think of all the things I COULD be doing at home!

Jen, hope your commute is going well and the weather is cooperating - what are you taking in school? Do you enjoy it? I loved school when I was there (I took a couple of degress in an earlier incarnation (BK=before kids) - any education is a joy - there is something quite wonderful about stretching your mind.

I am definitely up for the challenge! I haven't told anyone my weight in (gulp) 10 years but anything that will help get me on track I'll do - was going to join WW Friday but that's off as my husband's car is in and he has mine - will definitely join next week and at least have started the exercise bit. I have also thought about Jenny Craig - anyone have any comments on it?

Have a great day, guys - for those of you fighting the winter weather, be safe and talk soon!
Old 01-31-2002, 07:04 PM   #12  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey everyone.

We spent another long day in town today. My iron was back up after starting back on my vitamins and we donated platelets today. They all acted so excited when we walked in and were treating us like royalty. After getting us started, all the nurses seemed to make it a point to walk over and say hello and then one came over and called me their Super Donor. It seems that there aren't many like me with so many platelets that are also able to fill the bag up so fast.

Marlana's computer crashed last night. She called me by phone to let me know so that I could tell y'all. She was going to make some calls today to try to find a place for repairs. It isn't going to seem the same until she returns.

JoJo~Going crazy over the bettas was a little scary at my age. I know that I am already insane from menopause, or at least using that as an excuse for my crazy actions, but the feelings for the fish caught me off guard. They're so cute. It has been up to the low 80's the last two days but the weather forecaster just predicted patchy frost by next Tuesday. That will sure be a disaster on all the budding and blooming plants and trees here. We can only cross our fingers and pray for a mild finish of winter here.

Tobey~Just can't imagine the snow and cold from here when it got so warm here today. I do remember what it was like though because I grew up in southern Ohio. I don't miss that bitter cold and ice but the slow soft snowfalls were really nice. The broccoli soup sounds good. Did you already post the recipe on the other board? I am anxious to try some pictures of my fish this weekend. We are going to the flea market tomorrow with our friends so it will be Saturday before I get the chance to experiment with the camera. This is my time of year to be out and about and enjoying the weather. I spend the major part of summer indoors away from the almost unbearable heat and bugs. Our winters just aren't long enough though.

Moonstone~I think that WW is the best and healthiest choice. I had a friend that tried Jenny Craig and it sounded a lot like Nutri System that I was on at the time. Both worked to take the weight off but all of it was gained back as soon as we started eating "normal" food again. Both of those programs sold prepackaged foods and drink mixtures. Within a few months I almost died from complications with gall bladder surgery and my husband had a kidney stone (he drank those powdered drinks by the gallon). Now that might be a coincidence but it really happened with us. WW is all regular food with nothing that you have to buy from them. It is also just changing a lifestyle with a healthy way of eating for the rest of your life. Now if I could play as good a game as I talk one. The sticks are walking sticks and canes made from the short needled pines in the the forest where we live. There is a "knot" in some of them that makes it unique. I'll attach a picture of a small assortment of some of ours. Some of them were enhanced by friends or ours by carving some faces, etc. He doesn't sell those but keeps them as his own personal treasures.

Hope y'all have a great evening. It gets a little slow on this board during the weekend and will seem even lonelier with Marlana temporarily out. I'll try to be back tomorrow evening.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:03 AM   #13  

Good evening gals. I thought that I'd pop in here before I hit the sack. I have to say, I think I really like working this part-time schedule. People think I'm nuts, only 4 hr shifts (they are more like 5 by the time I'm done), but it's nice to have all morning to myself, work 3-7 (or so) and get to bed at a decent time. Some days I have to work the 7-11pm shift, but then I get the entire day to myself. I really am glad that I've gotten myself in a financial position to be able to afford to work only part-time. Lucky for me.

Officially we got 9.2 inches of snow. It was a very heavy, wet snow. Perfect for building snowmen, if I wanted to. My back is aching now, but it was good exercise while I was shoveling. I was actually sweating pretty good out there. I'll sleep good tonight anyway. I skipped school yesterday. I decided one day wasn't worth the risk. I've emailed one classmate, it doesn't sound like I missed much. I also emailed the instructors, one cancelled class, one is letting me turn in stuff next week, and I haven't heard much from the third. Glad I didn't risk my neck for it, that's for sure.

Skeeter- Good for you for getting your iron up. I forgot to get mine ready. Maybe before bed tonight? What part of Ohio are you from? My dad grew up in Fairfield, and there are still many relatives in that area.

Moonstone- Are you a nurse? Just kidding, but your hours you work sure sound like it. I'm working on myl bachelors in nursing at the University of Iowa. Hopefully I'll graduate in May. It'll be nice to "just work" again, but I'm afraid I'll soon get bored. Right now it's not too difficult, but alot of busy work.

Tobey- Sounds like you're getting part of that same lovely winter storm we are. Isn't that sweet, we all got the same snow?!

Jojo- How much of the snow did you get? I'm sooo glad that I got it shoveled up. The worst part is where the plow buried my moms car up to the windows. It does sound like Marlana has sleep apnea. She doesn't need a sleep study to find out, just one night with me. Ohhh, that sounds bad, doesn't it.

Marybeth- Congratulations on blowing past the plateau. Wow. Maybe I should jump on your coattails and be inspired and motivated. I think that the challenge sounds good, but I vote for Spring Fling. That just sounds like alot of fun.

Marlana- Mama, are you ok? Your poor puter. I hope it's nothing major. Come back soon.

I suppose it's time for me to curl up in my bed, warmed up with my electric blanket, with my policy and politics in nursing book. Sounds great, doesn't it?

Jen
Old 02-01-2002, 06:44 AM   #14  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies!
Did you all forget me again??? I'm still around (and still round). Jeff pinched a nerve in his neck Monday, so he was laid up from work til today; actually he was sitting at the computer for three solid days, except to moan his way to bed at night; for some reason this computer chair was just SOOOOO comfy to his little neck. So I couldn't get to the puter to post--I didn't have the heart to shove him out of the chair, with a bad neck and all. Anyway, he moaned his way out the door this morning, so I jumped to the chair and discovered I can't keep up with all I missed. I guess you all have all reached goal now, without me.... That's okay--I'll catch up!! I figure I'll be at goal before my first SS check comes.
Mama's puter is broken, I see; I hope she gets back soon. I wonder if she got the ice & snow stuff the last few days. Did she say how the weather is for her, Skeeter? It's still hot here--67 right now, but supposed to get breezy and cooler as the day goes on. Not that cold, though, considering the time of year. I think our low will be 33 tonight. Makes me wonder if it's going to snow in April this year, since we seem to have skipped winter.
Jen, looks like you got some snow, didn't you? I've always had nurse-envy. I think since I was about 4, I wanted to be a nurse. I don't know why I didn't major in it in college--I had a full scholarship so my education didn't cost my parents a penny....so I majored in English! I loved it, and still do, but can't do much with it, except teach, and I don't have the constitution for that. I tried it one year, and didn't last. Here, the nurses with BSNs make a lot more than ones without degrees. Will you get a nice big raise when you graduate?
Hi Skeeter! How're the animals? Our bettas are doing great; they seem to build nice little bubble nests all the time, so I guess they are happy little guys. I wish I could donate blood or something; I'm always anemic, though; even on iron pills. Maybe after menopause, I'll have some blood left to donate! I'm thru having kids, this stuff can quit working anytime it wants to, as far as I'm concerned. I told my ob/gyn to take it out since I was done with it, but he declined, for some reason.
Moonstone, I'm so glad to meet you! Always nice to have new folks. I'm a late mother, also--I had my two when I was 34 and 35; they are now 8 and 9. I figure they will turn into teens about the time I hit menopause, so there could be bloodshed in a few years. They are good little mutts, though, all in all. I love Moonstones, too! My very first pierced earrings when I was 15 (only ten years ago ) were moonstones. Such a pretty color!
Hi Tobey Girl--your winter came back with a vengence, didn't it? Hope you made it home okay; I remember we had a snowstorm (well, for us) one year and it took me 8 hours to get home from downtown, which should have been a 20 minute drive. We don't plow here, obviously and I think we have one sand/salt truck, but they never have any sand/salt to put in it. In other words, we just stay home. My hubby grew up in Buffalo, and he gets real puzzled when it "snows" here and the world stops.
JoJo, how's it going? How's hubby doing? Hope it's going okay for you all. I gave Jeff a digital camera for Christmas last year; he loves it, but I've never learned to work it! It confuses me. I'm not real mechanical, anyway. Stay warm!
MaryBeth, my Zilla sister! You've done so wonderful!! Our WW at work group has dwindled down to nothing (and I don't mean weight-wise!) . I bet they don't have another one after this 10 weeks ends. But I still have all the materials, so I will carry on at home. I hope your job works out the way you want it to.
I've been on here toooooo long, folks; better go get the mutterinas up for school. Love you all, and I'll try to get back over the weekend but you know how that goes!
I'm up for another challenge too, if you all want to do one; we need something, I think; let me know!
Love, Sally
Old 02-01-2002, 10:06 AM   #15  

Hi guys! Hi too, Mommy2girls - another "late" mum - I have figured out there are positives and negatives to having them early/late - I'm just figuring out one of the negatives - my two older girls are hitting puberty with their hormones taking off while mine are going wacky winding down ... it is hormone **** in our house at a certain time of the month as needless to say we all hit that time within a day or two of each other ... my husband says he is going to start taking our son and get involved in ANYTHING which will take up about a week per month ... especially when my youngest hits that time (although only 9, my older 2 hit puberty at 10 and 11, so it might be sooner than you think).

Well we're enviious of all those of you with nice temperatures - although being a hardy Canadian I really don't mind the cold and snow - it didnt' seem right this winter was so mild - I kept getting a creepy feeling (I REALLY think global warning is the culprit). Hope your bubby's neck is better - they really are painful.

Dolphin - I'm not a nurse, believe it not, but I work for a large corporate law firm downtown TO - they have 24 hour staff - have been doing this since my first kid as the hours are flexible - they have allowed me to be a "stay at home" mum while pulling in a salary (which is needed!). I know what you mean about school - if you're in your final year you are definitely ready for a break but you will miss it. My university years were fabulous and all these years later I look back on them as some of the best!

Marlana - hope your computer up soon!

Skeeter, the sticks sound great ... a labour of love and unique ... thanks for the advice about Jenny Craig - I know in my heart WW is probably the best way but I was thinking of JC as a "quick" start then switch .. I'll have to think about it. My habits are so bad I thought being limited to a very simple, straightforward, eat this and that ONLY would help me jumpstart. We'll see.

I agree that "Spring Fling" would be a GREAT name for our challenge!

Salut to everyone else! - have to get off as I have 3 of 4 kids home for a "snow day" - OK, I realize today really isn't bad here - just wet and slushy mostly (freezing rain predicted happend in the middle of the night only briefly) BUT I believe it is an inalienable right of EVERY Canadian child to have at least TWO snow days a winter - it should be written into the constitution. So when we all got up, I told them it school was off!! We all went out and shovelled the driveway and path and are now heading up (shank's mare as hubby has my car) - to the video store - popcorn and "Persuasion" for me and they can pick what they want!
Closed Thread