Fitday/calorie king questions

• okay so i've been using the free online fitday version for a while. But the one thing that frustrates me so much is the lack of info on food they have on it. usually i have to go to calorie king to find more info. So i was wondering who had the downloaded version of fitday and do you find you have more foods in it???? i was also looking at the calorie king version (only 10$ more) and i know from personal use of the free calorie king they have a lot of selections. Was wondering what people thought with those that used them (ie if they are worth the download cost).

thanks in advance (:
  • I was just singing the praises of Calorie King on another thread. I have the palm pilot program, and I would highly recommend it. The database is expansive and it's easy to add custom foods. I've never regretted spending the money to have all that info, as well as the diary functions, at hand.
  • I use fitday PC and while I love it, I think it's the exact same food database as the online one. It's been a couple of years since I used the online one, but that is what I recall. So if you're not happy with the online one, you probably won't like the PC one either.
  • Do they have a free online version like Fit Day?
  • I've used both fitday and Calorie kinds online food tracking systems and their offline PC companion programs, neither of them cut it for me. As of the past few months, I have been using thedailyplate.com [TDP, for short] and I find that it has the largest database, friendliest community, and general pleasing and easy appearance that makes it quick to use.
  • thanks for the info guys. I'll check out thedailyplate and make a decision before i spend money (:
  • LoL. I sound like a TDP-thumper trying to convert the world of weight loss. Ugh. Anyways, tell me how you like it or if you find something better!