Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #1  
Ms. Cybil

S/C/G: 148/ticker/135

Height: 5'2 1/2

Default Urr...water weight?

As you can tell by my ticker, I started my new diet/exercise plan on Wends. I started at 147lbs. I started to drink A LOT more water.

I weighed myself this morning, and I weighed 140lbs. I know it's darn near impossible to lose 7lbs in less than a week, so I'm going to go with it's water weight.

I want to get down to 135lbs, BUT I want the weight that I lose to be in fat, not in water.

I am concerned that if I get down below 130lbs, I won't be able to maintain it and that I will just gain it back.

Any suggestions, or kind words of advice? I know this is a really open-ended post, I'm just a bit confused and unsure of what to do.
purple kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! You're doing fine, don't worry. Any time people change their eating habits, they may experience a change in water weight. If you had not been in the habit of drinking water, then drinking more will flush out the salts that are holding (retaining) water in your tissues. Don't go overboard with it, though. 8 to 10 glasses a day is the usual "lore" for drinking water.

You have probably also lost some fat along with that, so don't worry that the only thing you are losing is water.

You don't say much about what plan you're following. May I ask--how many calories are you eating per day? Are you also exercising?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

You always lose water and muscle along with fat. And you especially lose water at the beginning.

Since you don't have a lot to lose, you may want to check out the Featherweights Forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

There are a lot of people in the same boat as you!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #4  
Ms. Cybil

I'm eating anywhere between 1400 calories and 1600 a day.

As for exercise, I've been doing Tae Bo daily between 30 minutes to 45 minutes.

I haven't been going overboard on the water--Between 5-6 bottles a day. I don't want to end up like that poor woman who overdosed on water trying to win a Wii. When I'm working out, I can sometimes drink up to two bottles in that short period of time!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #5  
Ms. Cybil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
You always lose water and muscle along with fat. And you especially lose water at the beginning.

There are a lot of people in the same boat as you!
Awesome, thank you, Heather!