Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 06:08 PM   #16  

Hi Carree and Kat, hope the two of you had a great weekend.

KAT, 20 pounds is great, I'm still doing a happy dance for you. I've been sick with a minor cold, needless to say, I haven't been trying to watch my food intake. I'm trying hard to get back on track this week.

Not much going on here in my life, just school and housework. You girls take care, I'll check in with ya'll again later this week.

Ruth
Old 02-18-2002, 08:57 AM   #17  
Fit and Feisty

Angry Happy Presidents' Day

Ruth,

Hope you are feeling better. Guess we all have to take our turn being sick every winter.

Thought for today:

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish motives;
Be kind anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you have anyway.

Love,
carree

Last edited by carree; 02-18-2002 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:16 AM   #18  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

I have Monday (today) off, but its not because its a scheduled day off...I had classes today, but am home sick with a nasty cold. I figured it was better to miss a day of lecture and put energy towards getting better than to push myself and miss clinical tomorrow. Its just as well because I get my new mattress today, so I can move the old one to the kitchen and vacuume the bedroom before the delivery guy gets here.

I can't wait! No more waking with a backache every day, and no more tossing and turning all night. My old mattress was 15 years old and very tired, plus I'm allergic to it (too many apts with leaky roofs have left it filled with mold--I itch the second I lie down on it and I'm sure it does nothing for my breathing either)
Old 02-22-2002, 06:47 AM   #19  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Just bumping things up tp the first page...

I'm up 4 lbs
Oh well, its just my body trying to revert back to its plateau weight. I'm just going to have to work harder to get it back off.
Old 02-23-2002, 03:57 PM   #20  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Default I'm a grandma!

We have a new baby ratlette...she is TOO cute for words. She came all over town with us including to a very nice restaraunt for lunch--Caramel came in her little travel pouch (a little lined purse actually, with a nice shoulder strap and a zipper top...we leave the top all the way open most of the time, but had it only open about an inch in the restaraunt) and pretended to be a purse. grin

We slipped her goodies like shrimp,(big hit)tomato, carrot, lettuce, and a smidge of corned beef (she didn't like that and pushed it out of the bag twice *lol*). Well, as we were leaving, half the waitstaff had to come over and visit with her. Some of them kept the manager busy and out of sight so the rest could ooh and ahh over our cute baby. It was TOO fun. Of course, she quickly learned how to unzip the bag, so we have to keep a close eye on her, but the lunch was enjoyed by all. She also rides through the grocery store, etc on the back of my neck under my hair...a big surprise for some of the customers. Very few people recoil--most think she's adorable.

The scale now says I'm down 2 lbs of my reagin--progress.

212/196/135
Old 02-25-2002, 12:21 PM   #21  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Just an update...

The kids are gone for about 9 days so I have an empty nest and lots of study time. It also means there will be fewer temptations to eat what I oughtn't.

Weight is now 196...only 4 lbs above the goal I had reached and slipped from. *sigh* I've had horrid impulse control lately and have been eating all sorts of thing I don't even normally like. I'll have to do some soul searching to see what the root of it is.

How are the rest of you? Its been a while since anyone posted.
I'll start us a March thread in a couple of days if no one else has.
Happy spring countdown...

Kat
212/196/135
Old 02-25-2002, 05:43 PM   #22  
Fit and Feisty

Wink A Ratlette?

Kat,

Okay, what is a ratlette? Sounds adorable. I just love animals. If money were no object, I would spend my days at hospitals and nursing homes doing animal therapy. That is my dream job! And, I thought about it decades ago before I ever saw anyone on T.V. doing it or read about it in the newspapers or magazines.

Keep up the good work.

Thought for today:

Fall down seven times, get up eight!
Old 02-25-2002, 08:39 PM   #23  
The Rockinghorse Gal

A ratlette is a baby rat, in this case, a girl rat.

I'll have to take some pictures and get them uploaded to share.

She is adorable!
Old 02-26-2002, 10:38 AM   #24  

Hi Kat and Carree,

Things have really been busy with school. I have also fallen off the wagon a little, so I tend not to freguent the site as much. But I'm trying to regain composure and get back on track. Yesterday was a good day!! I probably have also gained 3 or 4 lbs, I haven't been to a weigh in in 2 weeks. But I will be going back this Thursday.

Your new baby sounds like fun. I've would love to have a ferret. They are so cute. I guess I'll just make do with my dog Gizmo.

Much of my time is spent with studying or hubby. That is another reason I haven't been online as much.

Well, you girls take care. Check in on you later.
Ruth
Old 02-26-2002, 11:16 AM   #25  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Exclamation

Man, compression pantihose are a pain in the (_!_) !
I have to wear white stocking with my nursing uniform if I wear a skirt (and I prefer skirts)...I let the salesclerk talk me into compression hose because they wear a lot longer. That may be true (they fit like a glove and its hard to even get a pinch to pull them up) but it took me forever to get into them. I even got a size too big to avoid the pantihose horror story I'll tell you in a minute. Sheesh.

Story: I had to present some research to about 50-60 scientists and was dressed in a nice suit (skirt of course) with stockings and flat pumps. Well, as I'm walking about giving my talk and using my visual aids, my pantihose decided to roll down my tummy--taking my underwear WITH them! I had to pinch my knees together and appear to walk normally while I finished my talk, all the time thinking "My God, what do I do if they go all the way down...step out of them and keep on going?" I survived the talk with stocking still hidden, but never forgot that incident. Its funny now, but was horrifying at the time. *lol* Needless to say, I *much* prefer a garterbelt and stockings, but since nursing skirts are nototoriously see through, I'm stuck with pantihose.

Its good to see you back, Ruth! How is school going? You aren't the only one backsliding, so don't be too hard on yourself. We are here for support in good times AND bad.

212/194/135 (I must have been retaining water)
Old 02-27-2002, 12:53 AM   #26  

Kat, how hilarious your story was. I now have this image of a woman trying to give a presentation while fighting with her pantyhose.

Thanks for the encouragement. I really needed it. Have you ever felt like a human garbage disposal. Well, that is how I've been feeling. Maybe even a bottomless pit. It seems that no matter what I put in, nothing satisfies me. I know, I really think that something is bothering me and I can't seem to put my finger on it.

Oh well, I promise, I haven't given up!!

Talk later,
Ruth
Closed Thread