Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:20 PM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias -- #138

Good Evening, Flowers!
Well, winter has returned with a fury! It has snowed all day and now the wind is blowing so I can't really tell if it is still snowing or not. We got out of school at 2 because the wind was picking up and the prediction was for at least 6" more. The plows won't come out until it settles down so the streets are a mess. The weather cancelled out bell choir practice so we've spent a quiet evening at home.

I visited last night but when I tried to post I couldn't get in.

Maggie -- WOW! Being OP for 24 days is really something! As I've said before, I seem to be able to get one or even two parts of the program going at the same time, but never all of them. I never do get all the milk in so gave up on that before I even started. Keep it up!

Gloria -- congratulations on your new granddaughter! I'll bet you are anxious to meet her. One of my coworkers is soon to be a first time grandma and we are all waiting right along with her. My son dated her daughter for the freshmen and sophomore homecoming dance and were buddies all through high school. I hope you have your snow shovel shined up . . . it's headed your way!

Cindy -- nice to see you, stranger! Good luck with your weight loss journey! Post often so that we can keep in touch!

Guess I will go read the papers. I wish today were Friday and I'd have a longer weekend! Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from wintry Iowa!
Old 01-31-2002, 10:19 PM   #2  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Well I have finished my days worth of points .... thought I would check in here and thank you JEAN for starting a new thread since I was number #14. I don't drink all those milks either. But what I do is have a calcium fortified glass of orange juice at breakfast and then I do take a calcium supplement at night. That covers me if I don't have any more milk during the day but I do get some in at times and calcium loaded broccoli. You don't have to get it totally by drinking milk ~ least wise that is what my WW leader says. You have to figure out what works best for you to get in that calcium. I don't always want to spend my points on drinking milk and I love the stuff.

About your weather.... I have been there and am glad I am no longer there if you get the drift. Pun intended.

Have a great February 1 flowers.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:40 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is Friday, after school is done for another week, and I am doing a happy dance! I don't have any obligations this weekend which makes it even better. We got 7 1/2 inches of new snow -- actually we didn't have any old snow. School started an hour late this morning so it was a fast day. The sun is out and it is so pretty with the fresh white snow.

Maggie -- we do have drifts! The way the wind blew, our driveway was half clear (Bob's half) and a good sized drift on my half! I'm glad he was home to run the snowblower this morning! Guess I will go dream up something easy for supper . . . maybe an egg sandwich. Then I need to go get groceries. I thought about stopping on my way home from school but Friday afternoon is NOT the time to be out and about in this town!

Have a great weekend Flowers!

Jean -- looking forward to the weekend in Iowa!
Old 02-02-2002, 12:47 AM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Day #25

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We have been gone all day - went to a senior get together and then shopping and driving around.

JEAN your weather brings me chills. We got down to 24 degrees the other night.... bought a mattress warmer today.

Not much going on this evening but we are going out shopping again tomorrow for we didn't get all we needed today. AH but we got some delicious strawberries. The stand was right by the strawberry fields - grown locally and taste soooooo good. I had forgotten what a real fresh strawberry tasted like. Those we got while living outside of CA didn't taste like these for sure.

Everyone have a nice night.
Old 02-02-2002, 02:25 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
The sun is out but it is still cold out with the wind blowing. The sun has "power" because where the snow has been removed from the driveway the thin layer that was left is a puddle.

Maggie -- fresh strawberries sound sooooo good right now! YUM! I can almost taste them! Two days of shopping sound like fun -- no parking lot observations??

I thought I moved Lorraine's post over from the previous thread but I don't see it. I must have done something wrong.

Have a super - duper afternoon, Flowers!

Jean -- enjoying a sunny day in Iowa!
Old 02-02-2002, 02:28 PM   #6  

I'll try one more time . . . . . . . .

Hi Everyone.

I just thought I would check in and say hello to everyone. The time is going by so fast and then I realize that I haven't turned the computer on for three days.

Maggie: I am so proud of your weight loss for the month of January!!! Way to go.

Jean: Congrats on your weight loss too. You should be very proud of yourself.

Well, I need to go and get some things done that I have been putting off this whole week. (yuck)

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-02-2002, 09:27 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Wink Day #26

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a bit chilly here but what does one expext of Winter anyway but I still am not wearing a coat. We did get some more shopping done but not all of it. A few fresh items we will get later.

JEAN I hope your weekend is as quiet as you had expected. It is nice to not have plans all the time isn't it. That was nice of you to bring Lorraine over here but you are a nice person.

LORRAINE you have been so busy with all that you do no wonder the days slip by and you don't get to your computer. Hope your Mom is improving steadily.

Have a good nights slumber ya'all.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:05 PM   #8  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It's another sunny, but chilly, day in the neighborhood! A great day for a walk outside after I finish here. We've been to church and read the papers so am sneaking up on fixing a combination breakfast - lunch. It'll be breakfast at lunch time!

Maggie -- I am going to spend some quality time in a closet this afternoon! Since Jason and Amanda now have their own house, it is time to move some more of Jason's stuff out of here. I have a feeling he will pitch a lot of it but I sure don't want to be the one to do that. Every once in awhile he will come looking for something.

Lorraine -- hope your mom is feeling better each day and your life is settling back into a routine.

I hear the dryer buzzing so better fold my last load of towels. Have a relaxing day, Flowers!

Jean -- checking in from Iowa!
Old 02-04-2002, 11:55 AM   #9  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day here and we are going out and about in awhile. I am loolking forward to my weigh in this evening to see what will be.

JEAN Did you get that closet sorted? What a chore it must be. I remember having to do that and am so glad it is all over with. Have a good OP day now.

Everyone wake up and enjoy!
Old 02-04-2002, 10:04 PM   #10  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It was another nice day in the neighborhood today although a little on the cold end of the thermometer!

Maggie -- I made a dent in the closet but I'm not completely done. I'm sure it will waiting for me next weekend! Good luck at WW tonight!

Tomorrow David Pelzer is coming to town. He wrote the books "The Boy Called IT", "The Lost Boy", "A Man Called Dave", plus one more that I haven't read yet. He will speak to the students in the morning and then the entire school staff in the afternoon. I happened to see him on Oprah last week and can hardly wait to hear him in person. If you haven't read them, they are eye openers for sure!

I am heading for bed after watching the 10:00 news. Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 02-04-2002, 11:20 PM   #11  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I am a happy camper this evening for the iron monster said I am down another pound. Great! Right on schedule of a pound a week which is nice and easy.

JEAN haven't read any of his books - so you really like them? Maybe I will check into them then.

Have a great evening ya'all.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:12 AM   #12  

Default good morning

Maggie,

congrats on the 1 pound gone forever. You are most definitly on a roll.

Ty maggie and Jean for the welcome back. Hi to Lorriane and Gloria as well. I have skimmed through a couple of threads and
If I am correct you guys are the group still?

I am just plugging along here. Following the program at home the best I can!

Being a newly wed I rarely get on line much except earlier in the morning. I babysit my 4 year old niece 3 days a week and she can keep a person busy.

Cindy
Old 02-05-2002, 12:19 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Smile Day #29

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I got a new cook book at WW last evening and I was told it is now out of print. It came out as a hard back and then a soft back and now no more. It is the SIMPLY DELICIOUS one. I already have the SIMPLY THE BEST which I dearly love so hope to find equally appealing delictables to make from this new acquisition. Hey folks this is day #29 and "they" say that it takes 28 days to make a habit. I certainly hope that I have made my plan a habit now. It is still working so I am not tinkering with it. I love it when a plan comes together.

CINDY I wish you well on your journey down this road to thin. I know from personal experience how hard it is ~ at least it was for me ~ to "do it at home" without going to meetings. Some can do it that way and I hope you are one of that "some." It is not easy with the best of circumstances and I wish you much strength to do this. I sure miss our chats on MSN. Since you are now 2 hours ahead of me - when you are on your compiter I must be snoozing away . And when I am on in the evening you are snoozing away.

And a good morning to all ya'all this 5th day of February. Don't let this month get away from you ~ realize what you are about each day.....make plans for this road to thin.

My father had a birthday yesterday ~ 87 he is. WOW a real octogenarian he is. I took him a Beanie Baby Kid and he loves it.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:32 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is absolutely gorgeous outside and the snow is melting once again.

Maggie -- David Pelzer was abused during the 70s when there were no laws to protect children. The fact that he lived to tell about it is in itself just amazing. His mother told him she was going to kill him and he was sure of it except he just didn't know when. His was the #3 worst child abuse case in the state of California. I would recommend his books but the first two aren't really something to relax and enjoy; more of a "keep reading to see what happens next" type books. I'm reading the third one right now and there is a fourth also. A Boy Called IT is the first one to read. Congratulations on another pound that is gone forever! Let us know how you like the new cookbook.

Cindy -- Nice to see you peeking in! Stop in again soon! Good luck with your at home program; life would be so simple if we didn't have to eat!

I am off to WW weigh in and am praying for a maintain. This weekend was absolutely awful and we went out for Chinese this noon. DUMB!

Have a wonderful Wednesday -- this week is sure flying by!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 02-05-2002, 07:01 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Smile Day #29

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I survived another visit at my folks house without eating anything. Will had some nice orange bread with a huge bowl of ice cream. That orange bread [like pound cake] sure smelled good but Thin Within was on her guard and didn't want to count those points. She was waiting for grilled pork for dinner. This afternoon I made a delicious snack out of that Healthy Pop pop corn that is only a point for half the bag. I sprayed some with butter spray and sprinkeled it with Splenda and Cinnamon ~ shook it all up and it was great.

JEAN Chinese is one of my favorites and I haven't had any yet this year. There is a place here that says it doesn't use oil to do it's stir fry things in so I may give it a go when I get brave. But when I do it will be close after my weigh day so I can drink extra water afterwards. I wish you well on your weigh in tonight. Could be that it won't affect you at all if you have had a good week otherwise. Hope you are surprised and do show a loss.

Maggie fixin' to spice up some chops to get grilled.
Closed Thread