Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Oh, God, kill me now...(pity party)

I just started going through x-mas photos on my digicam. Oh god...I look like someone sloshed Jabba the Hut into a red sweater and handed him a cocktail.

I looked in the mirror before I went! I did NOT look like that. At all...

I guess I really did.

Off to play DDR until I get a head ache....
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Mirrors are totally untrustworthy!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Altari,

OK, so you have some not so great pictures. What can you do with them?

You could get upset, spend a bunch of time calling yourself names (Jabba the Hut? Really?), and let that amont of upset-ness motivate you for maybe a week or so to change your habits, until you forget how the pictures looked or you adjust to them. OR, you could take a good look at the pictures, pin them up somewhere, and decide that you'd like to make some real changes, without berating yourself or feeling bad about where you are now.

No one starts here in the place they'd like to end up. It doesn't mean they are disgusting, horrible people - it means they have some time to go before they reach their goals. Embrace that, use the picture as motivation not to anger and disgust, but to positive action.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #4  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

Altari,
I'm feelin ya on the pics. I recently had the shocking experience of seeing holiday pictures of myself. I'm quite traumatized by them, actually. I had no idea I actually look like that which means either: 1) I have pretty high self-esteem to look in a mirror and see someone who doesn't look like a marshmallow or 2) I'm demented. (I think it's a combination).

In any case, I've put the photos up as the above poster mentioned. I am asking myself some hard questions like, "Polkadot, have you taken any psychotropic drugs lately, or do you honestly think you don't need to work out?" I'm using them as motivation...but you're allowed a pity party at first!
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:49 PM   #5  
in F major

S/C/G: 278/223/178

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Great advice.
QFT.
Tharmony is offline   Reply With Quote