3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I have no will power to stay in focus..Help!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/128977-i-have-no-will-power-stay-focus-help.html)

Vanilla Divine 12-16-2007 09:29 AM

I have no will power to stay in focus..Help!!

I have been on so many diets and after aweek i start to fall off. I get obbsessed to weighing every day and when i dont see it move in a few days i give up.. does any one have any tips or tricks or even share their story to help me find the srength to stick with it? I lost 30 pounds before ten yrs ago b4 i had kids, now i have 2 and the stresses of the adult life.... Help me with words of wisdom!!!:?:

countrygirl7902 12-16-2007 10:59 AM

i also have a hard time with will power and self control. i don't know if i actually have any "words of wisdom" but here's my thoughts...

we all know that we're not supposed to weigh ourselves every day, but i do it anyway. so i'm going to suggest that you only weigh once a week even though i really need to be giving that advice to myself! lol weight fluctuates daily because of lots of factors, so it's really not an accurate way to track.

keep in mind that everyone is different so a diet plan that works for one person might not work for you. i'm on weightwatchers cuz i hate to count calories and cuz their plan is healthy and balanced. but the main things that you need to incorporate in your plan is eating healthy foods, leaving some rooms for small amounts of the stuff you crave so you don't feel deprived, and find a way to exercise so that you enjoy it and don't dread it. i try to plan for snacks between meals and before bed so i don't end up cruizing the pantry and grabbing whatever "bad" stuff that looks good at the moment. i don't exercise as often as i should, but i try.

i find that if i mess up or the weight's not coming off very fast, i start to put myself down. then the whole plan falls apart. find a support system, whether it's other people on a diet or just someone who will encourage you. that's why i come on this site. a friend of mine on this site told me not to think of this as a diet. it's a lifestyle change, and i should focus on living healthy and taking care of myself and not be focused solely on the scale.

remember that it's a slow process, but as you go you'll get into a rountine and develop better habits. you can do it!

Lola

Sexy Chicks http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127730

JayEll 12-16-2007 11:08 AM

Vanilla Divine, :wel3fc:

What sort of weight loss plans have you tried in the past? You say you've been on many, but were these things like South Beach, Weight Watchers, The Zone, etc., or calorie counting, or... ?? It would help us to know more--maybe we could make suggestions.

If weighing every day is discouraging, don't do it! You might do well with a program like Weight Watchers where you go to meetings each week and have regular weigh-ins there.

You have to really want to lose weight, and be willing to follow a program--but if you have those in your favor, you can succeed by sticking to it! :cheer2:

So tell us more!

Jay

rockinrobin 12-16-2007 11:34 AM

Hmmm.. I think longterm weight loss can not occur until we finally accept the fact that this is not a "diet". But that we are in this for LIFE. No stopping and starting, just continuing. And whatever we choose to do to get the weight off, we will indeed have to do forever. Once we get past that enormous hurdle, well then it's probably time to get oneself a plan of ACTION. Find something that we can STICK to forever and ever. Incorporating better habits, setting up some boundaries for ourselves, elminating (at least initially) some "trigger" foods, adding in lots and lots of healthy foods. Tweaking old recipes and making them healthier. And of course adding in some physical activity.

It does take commitment, discipline and determination and of course the desire to get the weight off and keep it off - NO MATTER WHAT. But just know and take comfort from the fact that is VERY doable and VERY, VERY worth it. And there's absolutely no reason why you can't do it. Because you can! You really, really can! Good luck.

Vanilla Divine 12-16-2007 03:38 PM

Thank you alll for the responses! I was on the diet center ( a clinic in my home town ) atkins, the zone, south beach, vinagar diet, cabbage diet, silly huh! ww, i found ww was the easiest, i just gave up easily.

JayEll 12-16-2007 04:35 PM

Hey Divine,

Tell ya what--go back to WW, and take your home scale to a friend to lock up until you get to maintenance. :yes: And this time, give it your all!

Jay

TheBabies 12-16-2007 04:55 PM

I have problems staying motivated, too. Especially right now with all the treats and food around at work. If I'm a home I don't have such a hard time. I try to focus on the short-term benefits of eating better and exercising (clothes fit better, have lost some weight, complexion is better, have more energy, don't have heartburn at all anymore, have more energy). The long-term is where I think about this as a lifestyle change. I don't have a scale so I can't weigh myself every day (that's exactly why I don't have one). I weigh myself at work usually on Tuesday or Wednesday.

And even though I don't post here often, I check new posts about every day. I like seeing what other people are doing so successfully and seeing other peoples' tickers move. If they can do it, so can I.