Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 AM   #16  

Height: 1.67m

JMav, welcome
Having been in your situation previously, I can very much relate. When someone else is making the dinners its harder to control, but that doesnt mean you cant still lose weight.
Here is my suggestion:
- Count calories. When you cant choose certain foods, it seems to me to be the safest method, since it only relies on the "calories in, calories out" approach.
- Make a healty meal plan for the meals that you DO control. For instance find a healty and tasty breakfast and stick with it. (or a couple if you need variation). Same with snacks and possibly lunch if you can control that.
- Try to distribute your calories well. Have a set number you can eat up till dinner, (after approximating how much your average dinner is).
- If its impossible for you to get nutrition information for the meals you dont prepare yourself, try eyeballing. Use fitday or similar sites/programs to get an estimate, and make sure you fill your plate mainly with veggies etc.

I really think you shouldnt worry about eating too much fruit or veg, most people eat way too little.
Remember that its perfectly possible (and scarily common) to be malnourished even on a high calorie "normal" diet.
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #17  

thanks for the replies guys, and for the record I love oatmeal!

Last edited by JMav; 12-13-2007 at 04:10 PM.
JMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #18  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I agree with everyone but have a different suggestion.

Depending on where you live, you may not be able to go out and run on a daily basis. I'd like to suggest some exercise videos. Just go to the library and check out different ones until you can find one you like.

I like the Walk Away The Pounds series. It has been working for me. I go into the back room and have a workout. It can be as short as 20 minutes or as long as an hour depending on which dvd I use. There are workouts using 2 lb weights as well as a resistance band.

Welcome, and remember, it's all about you at this point.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote