Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320

Height: 58

Red face I think I can..well maybe

Hello All,

I haven't been here for awhile but I'm back and I want it to be for good! I recently lost 26 pounds and I'm afraid I gain most of it back. I'm an emotional eater and in the last month several things happened with my mom having to go through surgery. Then there was this guy...lets leave it there.

However, I want to get back on track and start by getting under 300! I can't wait till that day comes. I just need some advice on how to go about it. I know Even though I eat most of the times for the wrong reasons; I don't want to go back to the person I was before. I want to fully realize my lifestyle change.

Any advice is appreciated,
Amee
mnms24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:37 AM   #2  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back Amee!!!

Struggling with emotional eating is hard. I too suffer from it, although with the help of 3FC I've started to change that, just slightly.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!

As I'm sure you know, there are lots of ways to get started. Some people like to jump right in and hit the ground running. Others are overwhelmed and make changes in baby steps.

So, the first step might be to figure out how you want to get started!

Do you have an idea for what you want to do for your "plan"?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Amee,

Yes, tell us what sorts of ideas you've had for how to proceed. Weight Watchers? Calorie Counting? South Beach? Some other program? And what about activity/exercise?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

It might be helpful to plug into a personal one-on-one support group in your local area, too. I think Overeaters Anonymous may be helpful, for sure, because it sounds like you are struggling with huge emotional eating issues just by what you said in your post. Try such a group, and keep logging in here. Only you can change yourself, and if you want to do it, you will find a way. But others are there to help you...
Best of luck,
Maya
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there. Hmmm...? Where to start? You really must figure out for yourself what you think you are capable of sticking with longterm. And then of course - STICK to it. None of this, "I THINK I can stuff". Because, you really CAN.

For me, I decided on calorie counting. It's the only way I know how to set limits. I also elminated all the junk/high calorie/low nutritional foods. I just couldn't have those in my life AND be the happy and healthy person I so wanted to be. So, I chose to get rid of them. I added in delicious, satisfying, healthy and low calorie foods. Those high in protein and fiber. They keep me full the longest. I also had to add in exercise. I started out slowly and increased as I went along.

As far as being an emotional eater - yup, count me in as one of them. Another thing I had to face up to was that I could no longer turn to food to console or entertain me. Have some good alternatives to food set up for those inevitable (and often frequent) times of stress and what not. Reading, journaling, computer, housework, a cup of hot tea, a hot bath, knitting, manicure, pedicure or exercise - just something other then EATING.

Good luck to you. And know that you absolutely, postiively can do this - if you want it badly enough.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 11-25-2007 at 01:52 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Hi there!

I think it's tough for any of us to tell you where to start... because we all do what "works for us" and you really need to figure that on your own. The first time I lost a good amt of weight, I went from 215 to 124.. I mostly did weight watchers (from home).. now I'm working to get my baby weight off, even though my "baby" is now a 20 month old toddler But I don't feel weight watchers is for me this time around.. and now I'm doing it the way that's working for me.. no counting calories, points, no "plan" persay. I just eat 3-5 meals a day (3 main meals, and 1-2 snacks), never skip breakfast, upped my fruits and veggies, drink loads of water, eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm satesfied, lots of whole wheat grains, etc).. I've dropped 11 pounds in 7 weeks- wlowly, but surely - that's all I want. Would that 'plan' have worked for me the first time around I lost weight? Nah. But it does now. I know how and what to eat, just gotta do it.

Good luck starting - you can do this.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnms24 View Post
Hello All,

I haven't been here for awhile but I'm back and I want it to be for good! I recently lost 26 pounds and I'm afraid I gain most of it back. I'm an emotional eater and in the last month several things happened with my mom having to go through surgery. Then there was this guy...lets leave it there.

However, I want to get back on track and start by getting under 300! I can't wait till that day comes. I just need some advice on how to go about it. I know Even though I eat most of the times for the wrong reasons; I don't want to go back to the person I was before. I want to fully realize my lifestyle change.

Any advice is appreciated,
Amee
welcome back Amee, here is what I have been trying to do, and I am also an emotional eater, but when I want to eat, I grab things that are better for me, some fruit, some frozen veggies that I just have to pop in the micro, popcorn, etc. I have also figured out that when I'm feeling down, working out helps my mood, you just feel better about yourself when your heart gets a workout, even a small one. Best of luck to you.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 320

Height: 58

Hello All,

First I wanted to say thank you for all of your words of support and advise! This place is truly helpful!

After reading all of your posts, I went to gym and worked out for 30 minutes.I just did Cardio and my goal for this week is to at least try to go everyday. You were right Rockinrobin, it helped a great deal. I feel so much better and ready to tackle the rest of the week!

I'm also starting a journal, so I can track my emotinoal eating and start getting it under control.

Also Heather,
I'm going to start slow and try to be as consistent as possible.

So I know now that I can do this, especially with the help from you all! : - )
mnms24 is offline   Reply With Quote