Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 03:12 PM   #16  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

TGIF everyone. I’m not sure where yesterday went but it was gone before I knew it was here. Really, I was working on my resume and some Longaberger stuff and never got an opportunity to come into the board. I can only do so much non-work related stuff in a day. The weather here in Virginia is to turn nasty tomorrow. They can’t seem to make up their minds what we will actually get but there is this low coming out of the south so we could get snow, sleet, freezing ran or just plain rain. Now this is my busy Longaberger weekend, got 2 shows Saturday and 1 Sunday. O well we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I wouldn’t mind the snow, but back in ’96 we had a bad ice storm and ended up living in a hotel for 4 days as we lost power. It was not fun. We lost power about 4 PM and when the pine trees started breaking during the night it sounded like gunfire.

Tobey, thanks for the muffin recipe think I’ll try and make a batch this weekend.

Marlana, what BP medicine was you on that gave you the cough? Mom is on 2 types and she is having a real problem with a dry cough.

Well just going to say howdy to everyone else, I came in late myself today…hubby and I had a joint session with the counselor [which was very good] and I’ve got to get some of this paperwork off my desk.

Hope everyone has a great weekend & I'll see you next week!
Marybeth
Old 01-18-2002, 03:15 PM   #17  
MbG
Big Zilla

Jo Jo, you snuck in while I was posting. Sorry to hear about hubby getting laid-off. With the merger pending I'm on pins and neddles myself. Hubby and I were just talking with the counselor this morning about it. Hang in there, something always turns up.

Mb
Old 01-18-2002, 11:48 PM   #18  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

Gosh, it seems like so long since I posted. I am so tired and want to sleep for a week. It is just go, go, go all the time. Tomorrow is a stay at home day and I am looking forward to it. I went back to my doctor today and all my tests were good. My blood pressure is down with the pills she has me taking so I will continue with them. The only thing that I need to work on besides my weight is my tryglicerides (sp?) which are 230 and she wants to see them lower. I will try to lower that by diet first and go back in 3 months to check again. My chest x-ray was good which was wonderful news.

Tobey~I sure hope that your ankle heals for your race on Sunday. Sure you can come and watch TV with me. Bring some good movies and a couple of those muffins. I am ready to kick back and do nothing for a few days. That won't happen though. My mom and dad are leaving on Monday and our friends are moving on Wednesday and we will be helping them. At least we don't get bored around here. It was my husband that couldn't sleep and was tested for sleep apnea. He is okay though and takes Ambien to get his rest. He sleep about 4 hours a night with that. Poor baby, I sleep like a log.

Marybeth~It sure is good to see you back and congratulations on that 15 minute mile. You have done so well and we are very proud of you. You sound like you are very happy now too. You and your husband must have found a good counselor. Our weather has warmed back up and people are using air conditioning again and plants are starting to bloom and bud. It will be sad to see those plants freeze again. I just hope that the cold weather is over here.

Marlana~Well of course I'll bait your hook and throw your line in. That's the kind of buddy that I am. But I refuse to clean any more fish for a while. Can't we just catch them for fun and throw them back in to grow bigger? I am not getting email notifications on this board since my post disappeared. I checked my settings in my profile and everything is okay there. Something weird is going on though.

Jen~Jammies and a movie sounds good. We did watch a couple of movies this week but the last few nights have just been running around and then sitting around talking until late. I haven't been to bed before 1:00 a.m. all week. I am looking forward to some quiet time next week. I have to congratulate you on living with your mother peacefully. Does your mom talk all the time? Mine does.

Sally~Pearl Harbor was very good. I have to admit that it really opened my eyes to a real tragedy that was just an historical event that I never really thought much about before. The Vietnam War was in my time and I never realized the extent of casualties from the Pearl Harbor attack. It is a shame that I have taken so much for granted. I am beginning to realize how blessed my life is and learning to appreciate what I have. I wish you luck with your ex and hope that he isn't planning any nasty surprises. I don't think you have anything to worry about but fighting in court will not be very pleasant.

JoJo~I'm sure sorry about your husband but thank goodness he can draw unemployment until he finds something else. Maybe he can catch up on some household chores too but don't tell him it was me that said that. You are so right about living with moms. I have had to bite my tongue several times and it is becoming more often with each day. I love her to death but she gets on my nerves. I will be sorry that I said that but I am being truthful. Now I will go sit in the corner and feel guilty.

Hope you ladies have a good weekend and stay warm.
Old 01-19-2002, 05:59 AM   #19  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hello Ladies~~Sat. morning and it's the same thing for me, up at 2:30 dragging my butt on the floor. Get hubby out the door and check to see how many fish passed on during the night. Last night 3...one female and the last male and one baby. They won't die much longer, because there will only be catfish left. But there is hope, I found a pet store closer to me and they seem to be very helpful..he suggested that I put what is left in another tank and put a pound of salt in the big one and it kills everything out. So I'm going to do that. I ain't going to give up, I don't like to be licked at anything. I thank we got lucky last night and missed the snow. It is raining out now, but thank goodness it's not cold enough to freeze.

Tobey~~What a nice boss you must have when you can decide to just come in late. I'm obsessed too, but not with running...well on second thought,maybe it is my way of running...I'm obsessed with eating, and when I'm eating, I'm running from my emotions, and feelings. However there is a big difference, your running is good for you, my running is really very bad for me. The muffins turned out great. I thank one of them a day would be good for me. I'm going to see if I can't work out a low fat low sugar one from the recipe I make hubbys from. I made him some more yesterday and this time I used pineapple in them. I like raisons better. Thanks for explaining the prunes and adding some water, that was helpful.

Jen~~I'm so sorry your in the dumps. I know how you feel about having someone in the house when you really don't want them. I know you love your mom, but just the same it's not the same as having you own home to yourself. Is she going to be with you for some time? I kind a gathered that because of what you said about her not liking heat. Bless your heart, sometimes it seems that life isn't fair. And most of the times in situations like that, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. Vent any time. Sometimes it helps the rest of us feel better about a situation we have going on at out own homes. Like me, 3 weeks and our daughter hasn't got in contact with us at all. I ask hubby last night if he was going to call her and he said he would give her some more time. I had rather lose the 644.00 has have her in my house, what a night mare that would be. Hang in there.

Jo Jo~~So glad you was able to come back in so soon. Boy I don't know how long it would take me to except a situation like yours. It was always a key to me being happy, knowing how much the check would be and knowing it would be there. My hubby has worked where he is now for 36 years with a 18 month lay off after 18 years. It was because of the Union during the Reagon years. They locked the old hands out of the shop and hared new people. They couldn't make the shop work with all new young people so they had to call old hands back. They got 2 people from dh and then didn't call any more back. They had the old employees black balled from getting jobs in Tulsa. dh couldn't even draw unemployment. He was out of work for a year...then got a job he hated...I was doing a lot of praying at the time and he got called back, and I know without a shadow of a dought it was pray that got him called back. Guess what, during all that I lost 97 pounds. Too bad I gained it back plus some. We made it and so will you.

Marybeth~~Bless your heart you just waiting to see if your job is going to be gone too. At least your hubby has a job and Jo Jo has a job. I didn't have a job when my hubby lost his job. I had to go to work though. I worked in construction for a few months. My brothers owned one and I use to work for them sometimes. Very hard work. Gee I hope the storm isn't so bad that you lose power. My my would that be a mess at my house. I have 3 freezers full of food. I'm never without food. Ice storms is where you lose power, and we have a couple of them every year. I'm on Zestoretic of a morning and verelan at Night. Zestoretic is the one causing the cough. I'm only on it for a few more days. I couldn't afford to throw it away. If her cough is as bad as mine she should have the doctor change her meds. Some times I have a hard time getting enough sleep because of the cough.

Skeeter~~How nice to see your friendly little wave in here this morning. I know you must be getting wore out with the company. We are like you and Griff, we need to just be quite sometimes. I can't stand to just go and go and go all the time. I need to be home. I'm glad you blood pressure is doing well, believe me it's a pain in the rump trying to find something that will work. I take my own pressure about 4 times a day to see if the meds are working. I'm having problems early mornings when I first get up. It drops fast, but still, I don't know if it's up all night or just shoots up when I first get up. My hubby was a smoker too, he's been off the cigs for 4 years now. He just had a chest xray and he has to go back in a month and have another one, we haven't quite figured out why yet. According to the report we got, it says unremarkable. I called the doctor and he wants him to have another one. Boy am I looking forward to fishing with you. Hubby don't help me anything when we are fishing, except when we go to Canada and catch those big ol pike with big ol teeth, he take those off for me. You would love Tobey's country for fishing. We catch pike from 5 pounds to 20 pounds. They don't go by pounds up there they go by inches. I caught one 42 inches long and could have had it put in the record books, but didn't know it at the time.

I've rattled on long enough here, so I'll get on to something else. Have a nice week end everyone.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:30 PM   #20  
American Chick!

Afternoon Ladies,
Just wanted to come in and wish everyone a happy weekend. We're headed out for groceries in a minute; it's very cold and rainy here....one of those nasty winter days.
Well, I got the ex's answer yesterday to my papers. He left it in the mailbox, and delivered a copy to my atty. He said he couldn't mail it because he couldn't afford a stamp. (And THIS wants custody of my children?) Anyway, I have engaged in a continuing pattern of emotional abuse and neglect of my girls, along with reckless endangerment. Along with this, he went on for the first five pages explaining his various health problems and why he has been unable to work and why he will never be able to pay child support and shouldn't be pressured. It's bad for his health. Needless to say, it made me quite . Then I considered the source and stuck it in the drawer of the dresser along with the other stuff. My atty. wrote me yesterday and said he asked the ex if he wanted to mediate, and when. He's going to mediation with me. My atty. was almost as impressed with the papers as I was, it seems. I'll just let my attorney deal with the goofus...that's what I paid him for.
JoJo, I'm so sorry about your husband. I hope he finds something soon...you'll be fine meanwhile. Just cut back a bit and we're always here for you if you need anything.
Love you all, and hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll be back Monday and maybe not in such a mood from the you-know-what.
Love, Sally
Old 01-20-2002, 08:52 AM   #21  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I don't thank this will take too long to write everyone. Nothing going on here this AM. I didn't have to get up until I wanted too..6:15..don't laugh..thats late for me. Lost more fish last night, just two babies. I now have them out in another tank. And the new pet shop I go to now told me to put a pound of salt in the big tank for 24 hours to kill everything out, so I got it going. I'm going in on Tuesday and he's giving me a 5 gal bucket of recycled water to get my tank off on the right path. Everything I read says don't do that you might get something you don't want. And I am questioning it myself. But I figure he is keeping his fish as disease free as he can because he's in the business of selling them. Plus...He knows what the heck he's doing, and I sure don't.

Sally~~ The first thing I thought of when I started reading your post, was, for you to save the letter where he said he didn't have the money to buy a stamp. Brother, what a loser!!! Is he sick or what???? When my son was going to devorce his first wife that he had 3 kids with, he was told to keep everything. Even a log of how much time she spent with the kids. He has the kids now, and she gets them if he wants her too. Your a lucky woman girlfriend to have that sucker in another house. One Question...does he spend any time with the girls??

Going to go now and fix hubby some breakfast. He walks about 5 miles every Sunday morning in a state park near us down on the lake. He walks on the treadmill during the week. He's going to lose some weight. At least the treadmill is working. It's 2 years old and brand new!
Old 01-20-2002, 12:05 PM   #22  

My goodness, couple days already since I've posted. I've been terribly busy at work. I went to work Friday, feeling like crud, but all of a sudden, around 8:00 I felt better. I had been so tired and crabby that I almost fell asleep just sitting at the station. What a site that must have been. Today I officially start my PT schedule of 4 hr shifts. But get this, I will probably have to go in early today, because I know how short we are and what it's like. If I do, I'll be working 36 hrs this week. Some PT schedule, huh? I start back to school Wednesday, so after this week I'll have to be careful how much and when I work.

Marlana- Thanks for all you sweet words. Maybe you could be my mom out of town who doesn't drive me crazy and I could be the daughter that doesn't borrow money and disappear?! Your poor fishies. I know it's hard enough to keep a couple of 'em going. You've got yourself a handful.

Sally- I know I've asked before, but is your ex insane? At least you've got an atty to hand him over to. Does he have one? It really doesn't sound like it.

Skeeter- Congrats on your tests and some good results. Nope, mom doesn't talk all the time. That's part of what drives me crazy. I'll come home from work, and she'll sit at the kitchen table, staring straight ahead, not saying a word. It's a very strained silence. And I have to be careful in how I criticize her because she's gotten so sensitive from the MS. Plus, she's good at twisting things around.

Marybeth- I could really go for a snow storm. We've gotten about an inch this year, not enough to cover the grass. At least with alot of snow you can't see the dead brown grass and bare trees. I'm so tired of the brown. Did you guys get much from that last round?

Jojo- I'm sorry about your husbands job. Let us know if there is anything we can do? (You can borrow my mom if you need her!!!)

Tobey- Were you able to race on Sunday? I hope so. I'm having a hard time getting my butt outside to run. I did my stepper and yoga videos last week so at least it's something. This week it's supposed to get up near 50 again, so I really should take advantage of it.

Time to go call work and see if they still need me at 3pm instead of 7 tonight. At least we have an incentive plan. Whenever I pick up 4 hrs I get a $25 bonus, and $50 for an extra 8 hr shift. I make more money for working the same hours!!!

Happy and healthy,

Jen
Old 01-20-2002, 10:01 PM   #23  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey everyone.

My mom and dad are leaving in the morning for southern Florida again. I won't know what to do with the house quiet again. I am so tired that I think I could sleep for a couple of days.

Tobey~I hope that you were able to run in the race today. Those muffins sure look good in the pictures. It "almost" gets me in the mood to try to fix them. This is from the "Microwave Queen".

Sally~It sure sounds like your husband just wrote all the reasons that he shouldn't have custody of the girls. I agree that you should save the part about not being able to afford a stamp and make sure that the judge sees that. I also agree that he is a doofus . Hang in there, I think you have nothing to worry about.

Marlana~I fried all those pan fish that we caught on Saturday evening. They turned out really good. We had the leftover ones after church today and they were just as good warmed up. That is one thing that I can cook pretty good. Mom made fried tators and corn bread while I fried all the fish. My neighbor had given me a few fillets of large mouth bass that I also fixed at the same time. We really had a good fish dinner twice. I feel like the ladies of the old frontier because I caught them, cleaned them (with no help from anyone) and then cooked them too. I am back OP tomorrow. I am going to try my best to stay OP for a while. We went to the bbq place tonight and had the salad bar only. We also invited our friends that are wintering here. They wanted us to meet them for breakfast on Wednesday before we start moving them into their new house. I graciously declined and suggested my husband meet with them and they could pick me up afterwards.

Jen~I sure admire you for living peacefully with your mother. I have to bite my tongue constantly to keep from snapping at mine. I keep telling myself that she is only visiting and will be leaving soon. Otherwise, I'm afraid that I would lose it and say a lot of things that I would regret later. My mom talks nonstop. I get tired of listening to her but she doesn't seem to get tired of talking. I can hardly wait to listen to the silence tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:52 AM   #24  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Angry

Happy Monday Morning~~I know for some of you who have to go back to work on Monday morning it's not so happy. But some of us have hubbys who went back to work this morning. TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF MY LIFE I'm getting my crap together today. I was going to lose 10 pounds by Feb. 14th, I had better get it together. Jen is going to make it and I'm not. I got on the treadmill yesterday for a few min, that's all I wanted was a few min. I'm going to start walking on it every other day as a rule and if I want I can get on every day. I'll start out slow and work up to something. I don't want to try to walk so much that I dread doing it. My baby fish are killing their selves. They are just the right size to get hung up under the frame of the net basket they are in. I had 5 of them hung this morning, and it always kills them. Next time I'm not going put the moma in that basket to have her babies, they will be on their own.

Jen~~Girl I don't thank they will let you have a part time job, they'll always ask you to come in. And to top it all off it's back to school, what are you studying again? OK...I'll take you and adopt you, I've got Sally and Jo Jo now. Haven't you noticed that Sally calls me Moma. I was pretty young to have them but your age is about right. Your a good girl Jen baby, I'm very proud of you.
Skeeter~~Welcome back to your life today. I bet right about now your setting on your bottom watching what ever you want to watch on that big TV. I don't blame you one bit. I'm just now getting up. I could not go to sleep last night for some reason. It was after 1:00 before I ever went to sleep and of course I got up at 2:30. I didn't mess around about it after hubby left, I got in my recliner and went back to sleep. I feel better too. Girlfriend, today is "THE" day.

Although I got a late start writing to you guys, I'm going to get a early start on this house. When it warms up a bit, it's on the treadmill for me. Have a good one!!!!
Old 01-21-2002, 02:51 PM   #25  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Welcome to the start of another week! Well tomorrow’s the Bid day! Will be at the special WW meeting with Fergie so I’m not sure I’ll get in to check on you all, but I’ll give a full report on Wednesday. Well we did get snow, sleet and rain on Saturday. It started about 10AM as snow and was heavy until about 2PM. We had a brief period of sleet and then it changed over to rain. I’d say we had about 4 or 5 inches of snow and a couple more inches of rain. Now if it had all been snow it would have been close to a foot for sure. This is the second storm for us this year and I must say I’m glad to see it. We were so dry this summer and fall that this is the best type of moisture we could have cause it will soak into the ground. To show you how fickle weather in Virginia is, the high tomorrow is to be about 60º’s Mother Nature sure has a sense of humor

It was a busy weekend for me, was on the go both days with my Longaberger business so it doesn’t really feel like I had a weekend. But we could use the extra $’s right now so I don’t mind. I really would rather be busy then not.

Sally, your ex is as crazy as my girlfriends soon to be. They are in the middle of the divorce and delivered her a letter yesterday that he’s sold his truck and wants her car. Now earlier this summer he tried this through his attorney and was told that he couldn’t take her only source of transportation away and he would have to wait till they agreed on the settlement of all property. I think he knows he’s loss any chance of custody of their daughter after the depositions last week and figured he’d get even this way.

Tobey, how was the race? Can’t believe I’ve had more snow than you this winter.

Sending greetings to everyone else, got to go to a meeting and review some orders first. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Marybeth
241/187/161
Old 01-21-2002, 05:24 PM   #26  

Default Hi There:

I'm going to try this again. I was here earlier and got knocked off line so I just gave up.

Haven't done much today. Didn't even get showered and dressed until after 2:00. I piddled around here and watched some daytime tv shows I don't get to see very often. I just got back from getting groceries. Not one of my favorite things to do and of course I forgot some stuff.

Marlana, I haven't accepted dh's layoff. Far from it. Theres just not much I can do about it and I try to not think about it to much cause it just brings on the anxiety. I just have to keep hoping something else comes along soon. I can't imagine him being layed off for a year. He'd have to take something until something better come along. I sure hope you get your fish tank problem taken care of and your fishies do ok. How are your bettas doing?

Mb, I really like Fergie and she'd be someone I'd want to meet. I think she got a bad rap from the royals. I'll be anxious to hear all about your meeting.

Skeeter, so has your folks left yet? Its always good to see family but then its nice when they leave. Have a nice restful day.

Jen, I wish I could get a part time schedule. I did do part time for about 6 months when my mom was so sick and I had to do so much for her. Its a wonder everyone doesn't take the part time schedule since you can basically work as many hours as you want and to get that bonus.

Sally, how old are your kids by your ex? I bet you can't wait till they are grown and then you won't have to deal with him at all. What a jerk. I'm playing my violin for the poor sap. I think the judge will be able to see right thru him and his games.

Surprise surprise, I managed to write a whole post and not get kicked off. Take care everyone and I'll talk to you later.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:06 PM   #27  

HOWDY TO ALL OF YOU,

Yes, I am still alive. I have gotten through the Homecoming week and survived. I don't know how well my food was, will find out tomorrow at BEARS. We have all set a goals for the next few weeks. I hope to make mine. I will have to take more time in preparing food.

Okay, it sounds like everyone is fine for the most part. I must try and get in here more often. I seem to miss so much and I don't go back to catch up. If I did that, I would never post.

Those of you dealing with problems be they family, relationships, or work, remember to take time for yourself and try to keep a clear head. Don't be putting that unwanted food to the forefront. Now, if I would only take my own advice more often.

I have decided to take my own bread and more veggies to school when I have to eat hot lunch. I'm not going to give up the desserts then, but I ask for a small helping and take more of the fruit.

Well, this is just a check in. I think that if I leave my computer on all the time, I may get to it more. I am going to try it this week, so I may be in again. You all take care and remember to take care of yourselves.

CAROL
Old 01-22-2002, 06:07 AM   #28  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Can hardly hold my eyes open this AM. I worked out my email before I come in here had 30 emails to get rid of. Well I took a bold step yesterday afternoon, I put all the fish I had left back into the big tank, even the babies. My babies was killing themselves getting under the frame on the basket. I guess they got big enough to get under and not get out. Anyway they are on their own now. I may not see them again. Hubby has got to have some surgery again today. Hemorrhoids this time. Boy he is bound to get everything taken care of soon. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I had to fight the obsession, but turned out not bad at all.

Marybeth~~How exciting for you to get to met Fergie. I like her, she never seemed to thank she was so high and mighty. I kind of like down to earth folks. Keep your weather up your way, don't need that crape down here. I hope that bid don't get you.

Jo Jo~~Bless your heart, you get knocked of line more than anyone I know. Get rid of AOL. Did you get the email about yahoo email coming right into you outlook express???? You can use outlook with AOL. I didn't mean I thought you had completely excepted your husbands lay off. I just mean you had excepted it enough to come back in and share it with us. We worry about people when they get upset and can't write to us. I could never except a lay off...I still resent my dh losing his job 15 years ago. My bettas are doing great. It's the tank that I'm having to learn a lot about, and at the expense of some poor lil fishes lives.

Carol~~Glad to hear from you and get caught up with what is going on with you. Thanks for the positive words. Sounds like your trying to keep a good food plan going.
I've got laundry to do as well as housework, so I'm going to get busy. Hubby went to work this morning but will be home at noon for a 2:00 doctors appointment. I guess I will go with him in case he needs me.
Old 01-22-2002, 12:47 PM   #29  

Good morning . Seems like I barely crawl out of bed and it's time for lunch already! My eyes are burning, and telling me to get my butt back in bed. No such luck today. At least the weather is nice??? It's supposed to be 50 degrees today. I think that's about unheard of for January. Usually it would be a big ZERO! Brrrr. I can't wait for spring. May-July are my favorite months. In August I'm already starting to "mourn" the changing of the seasons. The grass actually looks like it's greening up, and I think I see buds on the lilac bush, but it's hard to tell, I don't have my contacts in. I still haven't done much in the exercise department this week, but I never get to sit down at work, and my legs ache, feels like I walked 5 miles. Maybe I did. I should get one of those pedometers! I might be amazed!

Skeeter- Congrats on getting your house back to yourself. I savor the moments when mom runs out for a couple errands. The other night when I came home from work, it was starting to snow. The really light fluffy flakes. I just sat on the deck in the backyard for a minute and listened to them hit the trees. It was sooo quiet. I miss that.

Mama Marlana- Maybe I'll call you M&M for short! I've got an unfair advantage over you for the challenge, I don't get to ear dinner at work. So it's lunch at 1pm, and dinner at 1 am. That's it. I just looked, I still have your address, so I'm gonna have to hunt for some pics of me for you to post. Good for you for getting on your treadmill. Getting started is the hardest part. You're right, they won't let me work part-time. I'm already up to 36 hrs this week. But everything over 16 is on the bonus plan. Next week I'm scheduled 24 hrs so far. That is yet to be seen. I'm going to the University of Iowa for my bachelors in nursing, so I can be a boss someday, not anytime soon though. I'll graduate this May.

Marybeth- Mother Nature is acting up here, but we haven't gotten hardly any snow. Only about 1 inch all winter. Heck, last year in December we had 32 inches. Have fun at your meeting today with Fergie.

Jojo- This is the second part-time position posted on my unit in the 2 years that I've been there. They're so short, everything is full-time. I've even told my manager that she needs to split some of the hours up and maybe she'd find someone. She never listens to me, I'm just a nurse as the saying goes. I'm sorry about your husband. I have no words of wisdom for you. Just let us know if we can do anything.

Carol- Sounds like you have some good changes planned. Depriving yourself sometimes just leads to more binges. Good luck with your goals.

TOBEY!!! TOBEY!!! WHERE ARE YOU???

Gotta go get my butt moving for work later. Only 4 hrs today. Part time you know.

Jen
Old 01-22-2002, 02:22 PM   #30  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hi Y’all

The Super WW Meeting with Fergie was great and I even have a funny story. You know how after sitting for about an hour & half the first thing you have to do is find a bathroom? Well when the meeting broke up I was on the end of an aisle next to the door and made a b-line for the Ladies Room. After I finished what I came in there to do, I opened the door and literally ran into Fergie! We both laughed about it. She & I are about the same height and I’m 5’8” so to me she seemed taller than I’d thought. She said her highest weight was 225 lbs., but never said how much she actually loss, but I figure it had to be about 70 lbs. or maybe more given the weight range for our height. She looked great! She even noted that about 3 years ago when her Mom died she put 10lbs. back on, but with WW was able to stop it there and get back OP and to her goal weight again. Just goes to show now matter how famous you are life’s stresses can cause you problems.

The meeting itself was great. She talked about her Success Story, answered questions and then they drew 5 names for people who got to go up and have their picture taken with Fergie. She was so personable with each person, asking how they were doing on the program, if they had hit goal etc. There was a guy that had already loss 149.6 lbs. and she stopped and asked one of the local TV stations to film this cause everyone says that WW is a ‘woman’ thing and she wanted everyone to know that men participate and are successful also. She really is just like us and I agree with everyone that she got a bum rap from the British Press and the Royal Family.

Well just wanted to let everyone know what the meeting was like. Got to go to weight-in tonight after work. Speaking of work I’ve got to get back to it, there are just too many piles of paper on my desk…

Marybeth
241/187/160
Closed Thread