Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 05:50 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+...And Ready To Try Again...#122

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 01-16-2002, 05:56 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Well, girls, food has gone to heck in a handbasket! It has been a horrible week. The plus is that it is only Wednesday! Maybe I can pull this thing out of the crapper yet!

My best friend's son had surgery this morning and while she, her husband and I were waiting in the surgical waiting room, her husband decided to have a heart incident. They have not confirmed it is a heart attack, but he has bought himself at least one night (I'm sure it will be more) in the hospital's cardiac wing! What a day!!!

I'm sorry I can't stay to chat. You all have a great day. Hope you don't mind me starting the new thread again. We were at 28 and I didn't want to get to a second page.

"It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life." - Sister Elizabeth Kenny
Old 01-16-2002, 08:20 PM   #3  

Come one Thin you can do it - as you said it is only Wednesday.

We had a meeting at work this morning and they had fresh baked rolls. If you don't have one they make a BIG deal of it so I took a cinnimin roll. During the meeting I ate one section - you know, if you unroll it - just the outside and left the rest. At the end of the meeting I put my napkin over it and threw it away. THEN after work we had a retirement get together for a co-worker and there I had three ritz, two pieces of cheese and an orange juice. Not the best but not the worst....

Tomorrow I have to go to lunch with my supervisor. I hope I can get through that. I have been thinking of the possiblities of what to eat depending on where we go. Say a little prayer for me.

I hope you are all doing well.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:57 PM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Marched to fitness today yippee. I hope to exer tomorrow. It all depends on shut eye time. Someone private messaged me and told me about her friend. She lost 100lbs in two years. She did some visualization. Do any of you visualize yourself thin? I've tried but it's been forever since I last was thin. It's a struggle. This past weekend I saw a weight challenge on tv. They mentioned lifting weights to rev metabolism. How do you rev behavior? This is taking forever. I have to find other interests to get my mind off of food. I should work on some ribbon embroidery. I bought a crushable straw hat and it would look pretty with silk flowers on it. I need to make time.

Keep the faith,
Malia
Old 01-17-2002, 07:42 AM   #5  

Malia Visualization is very powerful. I do have pictures of myself slim that I look at to remind myself I can be that size.

I, too, have to get back to doing some of the other things I like to do that don't envolve food. I think BECAUSE I quit doing these things is why I eat. It's just boredom and I let it control me.

Thanks for reminding me that I should look for some of my projects and get them out. If I see them looking at me I will be more likely to do them.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:58 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Thankful Thursday...

I came across this on another thread yesterday, and have been saving it for today...for obvious reasons...Here you go!

I AM THANKFUL FOR..................

THE PARTNER WHO HOGS THE COVERS EVERY NIGHT,
BECAUSE THAT MEANS I AM NOT ALONE.

THE TEENAGER WHO IS NOT DOING DISHES BUT IS WATCHING TV,
BECAUSE THAT MEANS HE/SHE IS AT HOME AND NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE TAXES THAT I PAY,
BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I AM EMPLOYED.

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY,
BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.:ahem... ix-nay on the ug-snay...I have more than enough to eat, that's my problem!

FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM IN THE SUNSHINE.

FOR THE LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME.

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT,
BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND THAT I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH
TRANSPORTATION.

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH WHO SINGS OFF KEY,
BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I CAN HEAR.

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS,
BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I AM ALIVE.

AND FINALLY....FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL,
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

WHEN YOU THINK YOUR LIFE IS SO BAD,
READ THIS AGAIN.

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS AND BE THANKFUL FOR THEM!

I have to get sonny boy off to school, will check back later...:wave
Old 01-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #7  
Falling, but fighting...

Hello everyone.

I am still sick, and not to much into typing today, but I wanted to stop in and say hi.

Food has been ok, except for the Burger King breakfast that I had today. I really wanted some comfort food. I am still exercising everyday (1 to 2 times), eventhough I am sick.

I don't know if I am going to have a lose this week, but I am doing the best I can for the moment. I sure wish this cold would go away so my energy would come back.

Anyhow that all for me.

Take care.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:30 PM   #8  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Wink Thank you

Kat
That was a good poem, it makes me realize what a blessing each of these are, thank you, for showing me what I have, although at the moment sore muscles is not a fun blessing but it is endurable.
Have a Great Day and I'll see you all lighter.
Joanne
Old 01-17-2002, 05:17 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hi all...

I'm back. Doing great, food and water wise, but I'm really lacking in the exercise department this week. I was dressed and ready to go to the gym yesterday and was overcome with a powerful urge to nap! Guess which won?

There's still time today to do something today, ANYTHING! A walk, a video, an aquacize class...I LOVE going to the gym, but when I get out of the habit, it's hard to get back into it.

OK,(time out for a little self-discipline here, a little tough-love, if you will) talking about losing weight and actually DOING something about it are two different things...I will not achieve my goals if I just TALK about what I need to do. Therefore...(Scarlett O'Hara pose here--) "As God is my witness, I will quit talking about what needs to be done and JUST DO IT!" (cue "Rocky theme") Here I go!

Bye bye, will report progress later...
Old 01-17-2002, 09:51 PM   #10  

Kat It’s okay to talk about exercise AND do it. At least you have a gym to go to.
You are right I do the same thing, in my head I make all these plans but don’t do any of them. If I at least if I did anything it would be a good step.

I really needed your Thankful list. Some day I get overwhelmed with the emails I get but it a good thing.. I have friends. Okay so there are quite a few of them that hit home with me….Thank you for sharing the list and reminding me of all that I do have.

Susie You don’t have that awful flu, do you? I hope not.

Here is a goal I have. That I will be dancing again.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:17 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Evening all
Boy today has really been busy.
I've been running around all day. I got my hair cut.
My aunt gave me a shirt today a size 1X it fits. When DH came in from work he said boy you look good. That really made me feel good. I went to a young at heart luncheon today there were lots of food but nothing real bad except for the piece of Choc pie I ate.
Well I better go
Old 01-18-2002, 02:48 AM   #12  

Good evening,

I just love it when I lose a message and have to start over.

Kat, thank you for the wonderful poem. I'm thankful for all my blessings. Instead of letting the henpecker boss at work drive me into emotional eating, I'll let it slide and countdown to her retirement. I'm truly thankful for my job.

On the fourth week episode of the Body challenge on Discovery Health, the emphasis was on health. For some, exercise and healthy eating saw a big difference in their blood pressure and diabetes. To the point of stopping medication. One of the participants made an insightful comment. He said entering his forties will bring problems of their own without carrying 50+pounds of weight too. Exactly how I feel. I desire health and energy. Shed 10 years in the process.

Any of you heard of Curves for Women? My sister joined today. It sounds like circuit training. Each session is 30minutes long. Alternating machines with aerobics. Sounds like something I can do at home. This weekend is a big weekend. I need to sit down and plan my weight loss journey. Set up a reward system. A to Z.

Visualize peace,
Malia
Old 01-18-2002, 07:45 AM   #13  

Mary Good for you - isn't it great to fit into clothes you didn't before!!!! And good for you that you have such an observant and supportive husband.

Maila Entering the 40's is nothing...now the 50's !!!! I have to say that even carrying this extra weight I haven't noticed that much difference - yet!!

They have Curves for Women in the town where I work. It is machines that you workout on. Everyone I know goes through the whole process in about a 1/2 an hour. They might be on a short work out because most of them are there on their lunch hours.

"I need to sit down and plan my weight loss journey. Set up a reward system. A to Z. " I hear you. I have started an actual plan but that is the problem - started.
Maybe I will join you on your weekend of planning....we can post here on Motivational Monday what we have planned?????
Old 01-18-2002, 09:09 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Good Morning, friends!

What a beautiful day! Sunny and cold here, 30's...there's talk of a winter storm tomorrow. Hopefully, it will just be snow...kids have a long weekend, dh is off this weekend and I'm off til Monday night. Bring on the snow! I love winter, love the snow...I don't even mind shoveling it! Now THERE'S a calorie burner!

Well, I never got a chance to exercise last night...I did need some sleep before work. Have every intention of going to the gym today. My eating has been great these past three days in a row...I've been able to bank points, eating a variety of things, not hungry, well, when I get hungry, it's time to eat. I've really been watching portion sizes, something I had just been "eyeballing" before. It's funny, when I look at the measured out portion (one cup of pasta, for example) I think, "Uh-oh, not enough!" But I have been rounding out each meal with a big salad and some kind of veggie, and it really has been satisfying. Mind over matter.

I'm glad you guys liked the "Thankful" thing. There's so much to be thankful for. Instead of focusing on what's WRONG I do try to focus on what is RIGHT. I encounter people at work each night that are just so .# @ & % negative...night after night...complain, complain, complain... I think I'll make copies and post it around the nurses stations!

Friday facials, fingernails and fun , huh? I think I'm in need of a haircut...maybe I can wrangle a visit to my sister's shop, and avail myself of her services...she's a hair stylist..it's good to have one in the family,,,I save a lot of $$$ !

I'm approaching novel length again...before I lose my post like I usually do with a long one, I'm gonna say good bye, have a great day! Remember, IT'S FRIDAY!!
Old 01-18-2002, 09:42 AM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in with you all before I leave for the weekend. Food is still so off I don't want to talk about it. (What the heck am I doing here if I don't want to talk about it????)

I'll be gone until Sunday night and will try and catch up with you all then. Love to all.

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Closed Thread