3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Stay At Home Mom's #27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/12543-stay-home-moms-27-a.html)

ECmom 01-15-2002 08:01 AM

Stay At Home Mom's #27

Hi!!!!!!!
Welcome to a thread full of humor,encouragement, friendship and fellowship as we share the ups and downs of raising a family and losing weight! We welcome all new friends and out returning friends too!!!

Be sure to go back to check out thread # 26 to check up on what has been going on in everyone's lives and our newcomers.
Ginny

ECmom 01-15-2002 08:05 AM

Good morning!
Well, I am totally confused. Yesterday I started thread #27- and it appears to be lost. Guess that with the site going down for maintenance, they lost it. So if somehow, the thread I started yesterday shows up.......... aw well it will not be the first taiem in my life that I am confused:dizzy: !!!!:lol: I am, afterall, a mom.

Yesterday was not such a great day, staying "op". I did, however get a great walk in- 50 minutes. Got up this morning at 5:20 to get a quick walk in, ouch that loss of even only a half an hour of sleep hurts!
Gotta go- I have a busy day ahead of me.
Hope to check in again later.
Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng 01-15-2002 03:27 PM

I just saw this thread going!! I am still posting in 26! So my last post was there. Please read it. It's to long to re-post here. But I'll post here now. Ginny you usually warn us when you are about to start a new one. I guess i missed that too! :) But here I am now. But please everyone read my post in 26.

Freckles 01-15-2002 10:10 PM

Oh!, Silly Me!!

Sorry gals, by accident.....I posted in #26. I was just going to read the posts there & then "post" in #27. Thanks Spryng for noticing my BOO BOO!! I was trying to move it over here using the quote, but I guess I'm not that talented! :dizzy: I guess you'll have to read #26 again, sorry!! Spryng: FYI: I'm trying to follow the WW program on my own. I have a Slim Fast for breakfast, a WW frozen dinner for lunch/or watch my points & then have a well-balanced meal @ dinnertime, following my points range.
Also, I try & follow a disciplined exercise/aerobic program too! I sure hope that I can stick with it! Well, it's time for us all to go to bed @ my house, so Good Night! :yawn:

**Jackie** :wave:

cdm1974 01-15-2002 11:39 PM

Hi

Well good evening everyone!
Gosh - something wierd is happening with my posts, I type them and they seem to appear but the next day when I go back they are not there!
Hopefully this one goes through!
Exercised today at the Y - it felt like it had been a long time (since last thurs.)
I am trying to really drink that water, Seems to be working - but right now I have a lot to drink and I wanna go to bed!!! If i drink it all, I will be up all night! haha
My good news today is that I got on the scale and I weighed 217 (started at 220) soooooooo I now feel a little more encouraged!! My sister is dieting too and she lost 7lbs. this week - the weight really does come off!! Sounds silly but when you have as much to loose as I do it seem so hopeless, I was really glad to see that it is working.
Well hope everyone is having a good day! Hope this post goes through!
Night!

spryng 01-16-2002 10:20 AM

Good morning everyone! My scale is moving again therefore I wasn't in a stall after all. Maybe my body was just holding on for dear life!! :) But needless to say I lost another lb. I'm 136 now. I have three days to lose one more and then I hit my first mini goal. I sat down and wrote them out yesterday. here's my goal's:
1. 135 by Jan 19
2. 130 by Feb 14
3. 125 by Mar 5 (125 is my ulimate goal weight)
4. Extra goal depending on how I look at 125. To be 120 by April 10
5. Final Goal -----Maintain-----
When I put it in writing it seemed so much clearer to me. I can actually be at my goal before spring gets here!! That's a wonderful thought. But I'll take it one step at a time and adjust as I see nessasary. But I'm glad I'm not in a stall. I was worried.
CDM congrats on your three lbs loss!! That's so great! :) What diet did you say you were doing?
And I also want to congrat you girls who are exercising!! I really need to find a program or a gym I like and tone my poor body. You girls are helping me stay motivated!!!
Well the day has just started and I'm excited to get my metabolism going so I'm off to make breakfast. Talk to you girls later! :)

ECmom 01-16-2002 11:22 AM

I am sorry............

Good morning!!!!!!
First of all- to Spryng, Cdm and Jackie- this site (Suzanne, on of the 3FC sisters, whose house contains the server for this) went down twice in as many days (she has left an announcement on the main page regarding that). Many posts were lost, as was the original SAHM's #27, that I started 2 days ago. I guess that I got lazy- because I saw that many posts were not getting thru, and toward the end did not want to leave long posts until I knew that the site was back to normal. So, somewhere in that mess, I did post that I was beginning a new thread. That was among the posts that were lost. :( Sorry. As it is, I am still not recieving email notification of a new post (wonder if that will resume). But the site is back and that is great!:) I felt naked without the ability to post.
Spryng and Cdm- congrats on losing weight!!!!!!!!!:) Spryng, I know from a lot of dieting that plateaus can be hit, where the weight just hangs on for some reason. I know too that if you really deprive yourself of calories, the body goes into a protect mode of metabolism and does not burn calories as quickly. It is some sort of defense mechanism to avoid starvation. (great news for us dieters, eh?;) ). I think the cut off for that is 1000 calories (which is one of the reasons why most diets have you at or over 1000 calories). So, I guess it is good that you are loosening up with your eating a bit. You are getting so close to your goal weight- and that is exciting!!!! I am roughly the same height as you- and well 120 is a dream- so is 125. I will have to settle for 130 as reasonable (heck, I still have almost 30 pounds to go, who am I kidding!!:lol: ) Go for it, you are doing great!!!!
Oh, as far as" plateauing"goes (is that a word???)- I know that weight watchers recommends bumping up your excercise a bit.
I forget where you live, is walking a possibility? Put the kids in a stroller- or wait until Dh is home and get those shoes on. Just a half an hour walk, 3 times a week can make a big difference! And it is free!
Cdm! Keep up the good work!!!! Look ahead to your next goal weight! Won't it be great when you break thru to under 210! (I get inspired by going down to the next "decade" of weights). You are doing fine- getting it all together. Just think of where you were a few weeks ago- no water, no diet, no excercise. The pieces are coming together. Hang in there.

Jackie- How are you!!!!!!! I was starting to worry about you, as we had not heard from you for a while. Are you back at the Y yet? You are plenty talented,kiddo- you use that bold printing which I figured out once and forgot and now am just too lazy to figure out again.
I will go back and catch up with the posts from #26 that were left there, so forgive me for not being up to date.

I got my walk in this morning and am off to a great start with my eating. Yesterday I did ok- a few slip ups but I compensated with a great dinner. Weighed in this morning..........drum roll.......
158.5# (lost 1/2 pound, woopee!:lol: ). But considering that it is PMS week and I am holding water I am happy. It feels good to be back on program again.
Gotta go..... Have a great day!
Ginny

ECmom 01-16-2002 11:34 AM

Ok, so I did the bright thing and read the end of thread #26.
Glad that you are back at the Y Jackie. I know how you like to work out! Go for it- the weight will come off!:)

Spryng- how are things with your mom going? Did you have to spend a lot of money on the dress? Just think- if it really looks like a princess dress, maybe it can be used for play dress up time!
You will look great in it anyway- and your attitude is good about making the day nice for your friend.
Gotta go (for real this time). Drink that water!
Ginny

Freckles 01-16-2002 03:39 PM

Good Day,All!

I didn't get a chance to go to the "Y" today. I'll try & go tomorrow, Friday or Saturday. I'll try & get 3 days worth of weight training in this week, as I think that will be enough for starts. Ginny: I'm suffering from PMS myself & that would be great if I'd lose some weight after weighing in on Monday. I can't wait 'til next week! I also goofed up my meds again, so I'm in my "blue" moods again! :eek: I'm trying to snap out of them, but it's hard. My messy house & my demanding DH doesn't help me much. I didn't sleep too well last night, so....I decided the heck with housework & went back to bed for 3 hours this a.m. It felt good! I guess an hour on the recumbent bike & a long......hot shower w/b good medicine too, wouldn't it? Spryng: The description of your dress reminds me of the one I had to wear 5 years ago when I stood up in my friends wedding. Mine did have an empire waist, but it was so, so, full on the bottom with a hoop slip that I wore underneath. I felt like One Big Ding-A-Ling! (Either that or the Liberty Bell!) To top things off, I'm 5'4" & weighed l60# at that time. Well, I ended up getting an all-in-one bodice girdle, suffered for most of the night, but guess what? I got a lot of compliments! I decided to have a salon do my hair, the bride is a Jafra make-up consultant & did my face & with the extra under garments to enhance my figure, I pulled it off! My DH stood up with me in the wedding & he kept telling everyone that I was the most beautiful bridesmaid/matron in the wedding party! He kept saying: "Look at her, isn't she beautiful!" (I sure wish that he would say that to me now!) The dress is still hanging in my closet, but not for long. I'm planning on making a princess dress for my dd & a matching one for her American Girl doll. If I have material left over, I might make another doll dress for my friend, who's wedding I stood up in. I guess you will be a knock out @ 130-135#! What do you have to worry about? You're 25-30# lighter than I was & you will probably definitely look like a princess, just have a great time & feel "special" & it will all fall into place & you'll have a great time! CDM: Your post sounded so similar to mine that I thought that I was reading my own! Congratulations on the 3# loss! Lucky you! You go girl! :spin: It looks as though you are on the right path. I know as soon as I can see a loss, it gives me so much more incentive to keep on going! Go for it!! Well gals, it's that time of day again to go pick up dd from school. Until later, take care!

:wave: **Jackie**

spryng 01-16-2002 04:04 PM

Hi again!! I'm glad this thread is finally normal again. It's good to see everyone posting and actually having their posts appear!! I haven't had any problems with it and I still get my email notifications. But hopefully everyone else does too.
Jackie you are so right about what you said to me. I have fought hard to lose these lbs and I'm going to look good in that wedding even though the dress may look ridiculous! My happiness will shine through. I'm very happy for my friend and I'm sure I'll be crying happy tears all day for them.
Ginny Things with my mom are getting better. I don't know if I mentioned that she owes me money. but that was one of the problems. I went over there today to ask for it because things are tight around here and she started talking about filing for bancruptcy!! So I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask for it. Obviously she didn't have it. Any advice for this type of situation??? I didn't spend alot of money on the dress. I only had to buy the pattern and some material. So I got out cheap. Which is good seeing how I would never wear it again. I don't sew well so I don't think I could make it into anything else. But that's ok. Actually I may take apart the skirt and make some throw pillows. That would be really nice. I love lots of pillows.
Well anyway. Things are good here. My day is going well. I had low-fat toast for breakfast with fat free butter and some left over lasagna for lunch. So I'm good until dinner. Still drinking that water and hoping I lose one more lb before saturday. But if not that's ok. The dress fits great so as long as I don't gain it will be fine.
Hope you girls have a great night!!

Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels

skimom 01-16-2002 08:59 PM

Hi ya all

Caught up with you all once again. Ginny don't feel responsible for the 3FC going down.... we'll all get here sooner or later;) Some of us just later:dizzy:

Spryng; sound's like you're on the home strech, and I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to here all about the wedding.

CDM; we'll just take those little baby steps, one pound at a time, I'm 5'11" and weigh in at 225. I only weigh once a week, and Saturday is the day. I'm anxious to see how much (if any has come off). Patience is the name of the game. I have such an aray of clothing sizes in my closet, It's fun to think that they'll see the light of day one by one.

Jackie; I'm just trying to picture a ding-a-ling dress. Isn't it amazing what we'll where for friends. You think there's a sadistic thought that runs thru' their minds when they dress us up in pastel, frilly dresses that we wouldn't be caught dead in normally, that's called friendship.

Still on program, trying hard to keep the calories up, so that I won't fall into starvation mode. Seems like I'm just not hungry (wait is that me saying that?) when I eat protein. Yikes, that's a change.

I'm heading over the mountain on Friday to see my brother, it's been 6 months, and I've gained 25 pounds since seeing him last, just a bit nervous about it, hope that he'll be nice and keep all comments to himself. He's a great guy, and I know he'll be supportive (NOT:lol: )

I'll try to keep more abreast on where we are when it comes to postings.... see you girls:wave: :wave:

cdm1974 01-17-2002 12:03 AM

Hi ladies!

Well another day has gone by, I did pretty well today. We had pizza for dinner and I only had two pieces - such a change for me!! There was a time when I could eat 1/2 of the pizza (hubby and I would split it) WOW no question how I got to weight 220!! Felt good to pass on the 2nd helping, when the dishes are put away and the meal is over I didnt feel any worse or any more hungery. Just got to get through the meal with one serving.
Spryng, you must feel so great to be that close to your goal weight! I have a wedding next fall (my brothers 2nd marriage) and I too will have to wear a bridesmaid dress -- UGH!! Guess its part of being a women. haha. His girlsfriend is thin, always has been and I have a feeling she is going to pick a "thin" dress - thats all I need to keep me on track with my dieting!
As far as what kind of diet I am on - I am trying to watch my portions - stay with low fat choices, drink my water and exercise twice a week. I would love to exercise more but thats all I can fit in right now. I did shovel today - it was a good work out, such heavy snow. Tomorrow would normally be my exercise day at the Y but I can not go tomorrow, Hubby and I are going to apply for our mortgage - STRESS. I will be glad when this move is behind us. Hate to give up the exercise but I just can't be so many places at once. Maybe I will go Friday night.
Thank you guys for your great support, so nice to hear other women with the same battles as I have with weight.
Have a wonderful evening!
:)

ECmom 01-17-2002 09:57 AM

Good morning!
I am going to be lazy this morning and just say hello. I am glad that this site is back, or at least appears to be for now. Is anyone getting email notifications that someone has answered the thread? I am still not, but it is not so tough just to check in here.
The kiddies had a 2 hour delay today (light snow) which means that the little one (Dd) has no kindergarten. With me being in PMS mode and for some reason not sleeping that well, I could have used a break this morning:dizzy: ). Oh well, it was not to be.
Jackie- I too am trying to figure out a ding-a-ling dress, but you made me laugh on a day when I am too pooped to pop! I'll try to get back on later, when hopefully I have a bit more energy and will respond to each of you!
Ginny

spryng 01-17-2002 11:17 AM

hello everyone and good morning!!
Yesterday was another good diet day for me. I ended the day at 890 calories anf felt really good about it. The wedding is saturday so sunday my DH wants to reward me for all my hard work and trying to get through this stress by taking me out to eat at Red Lobster. They are doing their all you can eat shrimp right now!! Which sounds really great except I've gone an entire week without overeating which means if I overeat that night I may make myself sick. I don't want that. So I may not get the all you can eat after all. Maybe just some shrimp pasta and a diet coke. We'll see. I'm excited about going though. We haven't had a night out alone in such a long time. And it will be a great way for me to unwind after all this wedding fiasco. Then monday morning I'm right back to dieting and wroking on my last few goals. I'm so excited about it. Just thinking about being 125 by march is so ... well... exciting!! I can't think of another word. Bathing suir season is almost here and I can't wait to buy a new one this year.
ginny yes I still get email notifications but sometimes I get them after I post instead of when one of the others post. So I'm adjusting to that. I feel bad for you today. I know how pms can affect us women. During that week or so we need our space and our bed!! :) Hopefully tomorrow you can sleep in and rest up.
CDM That is so great that you passed up that pizza!! Pizza is one of the more difficult things for me to pass up too. Have you tried the healthy choice pizza?? It is delicious. I try to have a few in the freezer so when my Dh orders pizza I can have a tasty low-fat low cal version waiting for me. And I heat up only one so that when it's gone, it's gone and I won't be tempted to eat another. DH has no problem finishing a large pizza by himself!!
With that wedding comeing up for your brother next fall that should keep you motivated. that's what really got me going was knowing my BF was getting married and that I would look horrible if I stayed over weight. She's a size 2!! All the rest of the bridal party is thin. I'm still the largest one in the bunch at a size 10. But that's ok. I'm the matron of honor. They aren't (lol):p
Don't worry so much about not getting in your exercise. Packing up a house and moving is alot of exercise!! You go when you are ready to. Those treadmills aren't going anywhere! :)
skimom if you are on atkins you won't fall into a starvation mode with it. Just keep your carbs around 20-30 (depending on how well you lose at those numbers) and you don't have to worry about calories. By the way, how many carbs do you take in a day?? When I was on atkins I would consume around 20 but most days I maybe had 10-12. But I ate alot. I always had meat lying around to munch on and devilled eggs and such. Did you check that site out yet? It's very informative. You don't feel hungary because you are in ketosis. And that's a great place to be. It stifles hunger pains and burns your fat stores. Do you have the book? So if you are not hungary you are doing it the right way. :) Keep up the good work!!
Well, I need to get off here. Got a kitchen to attack this morning. I'll check in again later!! have a great day!! :)

holymoly 01-17-2002 02:51 PM

Good afternoon, everyone,

Well, I am shamefully behind on everyone and everything. Sorry. My drugs don't seem to be working as well as usual, and I've spent wayyyyy too much time going back to sleep as soon as everyone leaves. But that may have a lot to do with the dark, cold, cloudy weather. My Dr. warned me about that. Needless to say, I've also done a poor job of watching what I eat and haven't been drinking enough water. :(
I will probably have to force myself to leave the house and do something if I will have any progress. I'm really terrible about staying in, even though I can go any time I want to. I'm going to check out some gyms tonight. Its a little expensive, but one of the few perks of my hubby's job is a full reimbursement for a family membership to a health club. I just have to find one where I feel comfortable enough to go on a regular basis.
I do want to take a moment and say a big congrats to all you ladies who have worked hard to lose those pounds. WAY TO GO!!!!!! You're my inspiration to keep trying.
As much as I'd like to stay here a little longer, I gotta go make it look like I did something today besides sleep. :D
Have a great day!!!!

starting weight-210
current weight-207
first mini-goal-200
ultimate goal-150