3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Lost Weight with Scarsdale Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/125025-lost-weight-scarsdale-diet.html)

considerate 10-15-2007 08:28 AM

Lost Weight with Scarsdale Diet

Hello All,
Haven't been join to this site for very long but came and the weightloss pictures really inspired me. So I decided to go on the scarsdale diet. Went on it actually on Sunday. (10/14/07) and as of Saturday I was weighing 225lbs. Weighed in this morning (10/15/07) and scale says :D 221.6. I cannot believe it. I am going to stick with it for the first two weeks and then change up to do the Oprah Diet. Then I will go back to the scarsdale diet. I will keep this process up until I get to my desired weight of 130lbs. :carrot:

rockinrobin 10-15-2007 08:33 AM

Hey congrats on the weight loss!!! EXCELLENT news.

So what's the plan for AFTER, when you get to the 130 lbs? Cause' that's a real important thing to keep in mind as well. We want all of our hard work to remain in tact. Having a plan when getting to goal is really vital. It's never too early to think about maintenance.

Good luck to you. :)

considerate 10-15-2007 08:54 AM

I am planning on sticking with the Oprah Diet for maintenance. I know that I will be able to maintain it because I never want to see 226lbs again. I am going to do a total remakeover.

bargoo 10-15-2007 10:30 AM

What is the Oprah diet?

Beach Patrol 10-15-2007 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 1893228)
What is the Oprah diet?

I wonder if she means the Bob Greene Best Diet? Cause, you know, Bob Greene is like, Oprah's Diet Guru or something... :dizzy:

bargoo 10-15-2007 11:10 AM

I meant to be just a teeny bit dubious when I asked about Oprah's diet. If you google Oprah's diet , you will get several claiming to be Oprah's diet. I believe she probably follows Bob Greene and exercises a lot. I don't believe that there is an actual Oprah's diet, just people who want to capitalize on her name.

considerate 10-15-2007 11:31 AM

It is the Bob Greene diet. that will be the one that I will be following.

bargoo 10-15-2007 11:34 AM

Good for you. the best diet for each of us is the one we will follow, you are off to a good start.

Skinny4baby 10-15-2007 12:38 PM

Scarlsdale diet??

I remember this diet when I was little, my mom use to do it? But I have no clue the basics of it...Can you share a run down of it please? Thanks.:)

mandalinn82 10-15-2007 01:13 PM

Scarsdale is low carb/lower fat/low calorie. He only intends it for use in 2 week spans. Basically, its limited veggies, fruit, and lean proteins. This sort of diet plan is not sustainable health-wise for the long term, because it is very low calorie - a lot of the Scarsdale menus I've seen add up to under 800 calories a day.

Remember to only follow the plan for 2 weeks at a time, take a nice long break in between plan cycles, and if you have ANY abnormal symptoms (dizziness, hair falling out, heart rate changes, or anything that seems worrisome to you), see your doctor right away.

I am not a big fan of Scarsdale, if only because I believe that very low calorie plans, while a great tool for the obese if they are being monitored by physicians, are dangerous when practiced outside of direct physician supervision. Medifast, for example, is the same amount of calories as something like Scarsdale, but carefully formulated to make sure that all of the nutrients necessary are included, and requires patients to be under constant medical care. This is necessary because of the health risks and side effects of a very low calorie intake. Scarsdale is the same level of calories, but without the accompanying supervision.

Skinny4baby 10-15-2007 01:28 PM

WOW! Mandaline....You have lost alot of weight! Do you mind sharing what plan you followed? I think I will do a search of your post and that should give me some info. But any details would be great! Did you exercise too and also how long did it take you to go from 295 to the 160's?:carrot: AWESOME!!!!

I am do good too...BUT..I have stalled...working on SB..but I don't know..it just isn't clicking with me????:mad:

Betsy1 03-28-2019 12:03 PM

I've do e .any dirt plans over my 73 years. They all work if you stick to the . Duc essful for me: Scarsdale Dow. 20 pounds in 2 weeks
Herbalife down 50 pounds in 6 months

Medifast Dow. 50 pounds I. 6 months

Bottom line: eat healthy, exercise & drink water!! My husband had gastric bypass. Extreme choice, but necessary for diabetics. Issues. I would not do that. !!! Too many issues post surgery & I want what I want every now. & Then!!!