Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #1  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Default Oh, Dear Lord... Why I Simply Cannot Have It In The House...

So yesterday, foolishly, I indulged in a cake thing at the supermarket. This is not my first 'indulgence', as I honestly deprive myself of nothing - if I REALLY want it, I can have it, but in moderation. I find this motivating and successful, for me.

This indulgence, however, was a chocolate brownie caramel cheesecake: Evil - so evil, we must say 'EEEEVILLLL"!!

I brought it home, cut it into six, carefully entered the nutritional info into my calorie program, added one piece for last night, one piece for tonight and the left overs into the freezer.

See where this is going? I just ate the leftovers. Just now. All of it - straight out of the freezer. Okay, I have entered it into my calorie counter, 'cause baby, IF I EAT IT, I COUNT IT.

Know what? It wasn't that good. It was just calling to me from the freezer, and I actually argued with my own brain - "If I eat it now, it's gone and that's that." So, now it's gone.

Know what else? I don't care that much. Okay, I'm a little disappointed in myself, but this is not the end of the road, and even having eaten all that, I'd still have to eat three times that amount to REALLY gain a pound. That said, I am aware that my scale will show this anyway, and then drop again. I know what I did, why I did it, and why it wasn't worth it. Six months ago, I would have cried, decided I was just meant to be fat, and given up, gone out for a (large!) pizza and stopped at The Dairy Queen on the way home, just for good measure.

Instead, I will run tomorrow, as usual, scale back my calories by 100 a day all this coming week, and be happy with myself.

What have I learned? I don't crave this rubbish if it isn't in the house - I barely think of it. But I DO have a strong tendency to be aware of what IS in the house, and plan when I will eat it... so, ladies and gentlemen, I have eaten the evil cake, and it is no longer in the house. Unsurprisingly, I feel a little bit ill from all that sugar.

Just posted to say 'this happened' and now I have dusted myself off and shall move on. Okay, I'll have to be ROLLED this afternoon, but whatever!

So - no need to feel alone if you've recently done something similar - just pick yourself, and keep going!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #2  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

OK, OK... I baked a pan of brownies today. Are you happy? There, I said it, and they aren't all gone. Not yet at least...

You aren't alone. Satan came to VA too
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAngel View Post
"If I eat it now, it's gone and that's that."
Oh boy . . . I have been there and done that . . . unfortunately many times. Why oh why do I not seem able to change to a mantra of . . . "If I throw it away, it's gone and that's that."

At least you are wise to realize that it is only one little bump in the road and that little bump does not mean your whole journey is fated to be a disaster. Ever onward and downward, Chickie. We can do it.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #4  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

I can understand completely....and the weird thing is, when I do
*give into temptation* it DOESN'T tasted as good as I thought it would.
So I'm with you..........just keep it out of the house!
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #5  
Committed Maintainer

S/C/G: 214/117.5/120

Height: 4'-11.75"

Perry's Peanut Butter Fudge Ice Cream....enough said
Christina7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #6  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Isn't the rational...."if I just finish it, it won't be in the house to temp me anymore"... just rediculous!!!! I can't tell you the number of times I have used that line on myself. I was told once.... either put it in the trash, or trash your body and put it in you.... I try and remember that when I have things that are talking to me. Sometimes it works.... sometimes not so much!
Belly Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have the same problem. No cravings of certain things unless they are in the house and then it's like there's a voice in my head that just WON'T SHUT UP!

I don't always give in to the voice, but it's tiring, as it doesn't stop until the food is all gone.

Keeping that food out of the house is definitely easier on my psyche. And my waistline.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #8  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I can't speak for anyone else, but two to three times a year, I have a very, very, very bad time with PMS, to which I crave chocolate and salt. Oh, and milk......I HAVE to have at least 3-4 cups of milk a day, until that TOM comes. The other months, I have a small craving and am usually satisfied with one candy bar, a couple of glasses of milk and perhaps a small bag of chips.

Not this month. I had 3 packages (yes, 3 packages!!!) of Mounds (2 packages) and Almond Joys (1 package) fun sized candy bars, along with two fun sized Snickers bars and about 3 fun sized packages of Skittles within 4 days time. I'm having a rough monthly (this is what always happens just before a bad monthly- been like this since I was a teen), so if I didn't have that chocolate when I did, somebody would have had to die, muahahahahaha (just kidding).

I am glad to say, once I got it on Thursday, the chocolate/sugar craving started to cease, and by Friday, I didn't need anymore chocolate or junk food, thank goodness! I did a lot of exercise the past two weeks, so thankfully, I've maintained my weight and not gained, but I was so upset, as I was out of control! I hope I don't have any more months like this coming up this year, especially around Halloween, or the kids won't have any treats in their bags left by the time I'm through.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #9  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

HAHAHAHAHHAH. Heather Angel u made me laugh!!! so funny!
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #10  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

i dont pig out on a little sweet chocolate or cake... (mainly coz i had to throw them all out!) i pig out on a LOT of sandwhiches, dinner leftovers and this honey that is loaded with cals (wierd huh?) or and dont forget crisps!
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AW HEATHER stop the whining SUCK IT UP ~ Join my PITY PARTY and move on!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:25 PM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Edy's Slow Churned Choc n Roll Ice Cream - the best ice cream I have had in ages and fairly low calorie - BUT I just can't have only a half cup of this stuff. I keep sneaking into the kitchen and getting a spoon to dig out more of the caramel and chocolates. I hope DS and DH finish it tonight.......
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #13  
Happy New Rears!

I've done this occasionally, lost it and had a Mrs Fields cookie, or popcorn with real butter melted on it. etc... as long as it's just a once in a while thing and not an everyday (week) occurrence, I think it does no harm. Sure makes you feel like crap afterwards though, at least I do. It's almost not worth it.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Edy's Slow Churned Choc n Roll Ice Cream - the best ice cream I have had in ages and fairly low calorie - BUT I just can't have only a half cup of this stuff. I keep sneaking into the kitchen and getting a spoon to dig out more of the caramel and chocolates. I hope DS and DH finish it tonight.......
Did I read that correctly? Did you just "say" - dig out more of the caramel and chocolates? OMG. Not only would this stuff not be safe in my HOUSE, I'm pretty sure that I'm not safe knowing that it even EXISTS.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #15  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAngel View Post
"If I eat it now, it's gone and that's that."
Boy, how many of us are there on this planet who think exactly the same thing?? That's still one of my big problems! If a specific food isn't in the house, I'm normally okay, but if I do that exact go to the supermarket + buy it "for later use" or whatever, it doesn't last more than two days. And it's always that "if it's gone, it's gone". Would've been better if it hadn't been in to start with, eh? (I must really learn that "if it's gone, it's gone" should rather mean "trash it, then it's indeed gone". )
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote