3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   UGH i wanna give up again!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/119696-ugh-i-wanna-give-up-again.html)

ih8diets 08-05-2007 11:39 AM

UGH i wanna give up again!!

Well i weighed myself on wednesday and i was 13st 0. I was very happy. I went away for a few days and ate awfully, coming back to a 13, 3. So annoyed and feel like eating. I dont even know how i put on so much weight. i didnt eat that much. i had some alcohol tho... it was only 3 days..

need2loseinGA 08-05-2007 12:07 PM

Could just be water retention. What has your water and salt intake been over the past few days?

Also what does 13st stand for? I have been trying to figure it out but I can't.

ih8diets 08-05-2007 12:24 PM

13 stone, lol! Well perhaps it was the water in the alcohol... im not sure about the salt tho.. I didnt eat anything too unhealthy, had chips one evening (not loads) and had some pasta, a sandwich, bar of chocolate...then just cereal. I really hope it is water retention...

JayEll 08-05-2007 12:46 PM

Hey there! It's not unusual for body weight to fluctuate by 3 pounds or more. See the Sticky at the top of this forum titled something like "Why body weight fluctuates."

That said, I'd suggest that you find out how many calories those chips and alcohol contained. It could be that you're going over your plans by more than you think. :o

Jay

PinkyPie 08-05-2007 12:52 PM

alcohol is definitely a killer to anyone's good deeds done on their eating plan!

Are you weighing every day? you might consider only weighing once a week. fluctuations do happen, but they are not worth quitting over! KEEP ON GOING!

By the way, for those that do not know 1ST or one stone = 14lbs :)

MangoKitty 08-05-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velveteen (Post 1803691)
By the way, for those that do not know 1ST or one stone = 14lbs :)

thanks, i was confused too!

and dont give up, you can do it!

ih8diets 08-05-2007 01:07 PM

ok thanks everyone. i just took a small break from my diet and didnt go overboard, i didnt think it would result in such a gain, anyway, i think i will continue.... thanks for the support!!

WindyCityChick 08-05-2007 01:14 PM

That's the right attitude! You can't let an occasional slip up or gain derail your focus - this is a lifetime journey, so even if you have an occassional detour, the important thing is to stay focused on the long term.

cakses 08-05-2007 01:27 PM

It's just a stumble along the road - stand back up and keep going. You can do it!

settie 08-05-2007 01:33 PM

You have to be able to go aaway and have a drink or two (or even some chips) once in a while. As long as you get back on program when you get home. You'll see that weight gain slip away soon. ;)