Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Angry I cant get back on track!!

I keep telling myself Ill restart tomm. But then tomm. happends I do go for about an hour, then I go nuts.Ive already eaten a hotdog and a whole bunch of doritos. I just cant stop. I do go for a day then go crazy for a day, and it keeps going like this. I spend alot of money on a gym membership and have had it for about 2 weeks and havent gone once. I dont know how to get started again. I know the first day or two is very hard to get though but when does it just seem natural??
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #2  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi there. For me, when I AM on track, it seems natural after about a week of good eating. By that point, I have accepted that this is the way I need to eat to make my goal. I am at the point that you are right now...I went on vacation, gained the weight I lost back and am having a hard time getting back on track. I think we both have the first step, which is realizing we need to change things. You've already lost 29 lbs (congrats!), which proves that you CAN get back on track, it's just a matter of time! You can do it!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Don't do to yourself what I did! I had lost 45 lbs. over a year, have now gained 34 back. You will be a little hungry and feel deprived the first few days. Find things to distract you, and know that after a short time, you will get back in the groove and on your way to losing again. Don't give up ... many hugs!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

For me it was always the first 2 weeks. I'd do wonderful and then just couldn't do it anymore. This time once I got past that first 2 weeks I had to try REALLY hard. Then it just started getting better and better. I'll never say "easier" because I don't think it will ever get easy. It's hard. But it comes more natural after a month or so. I'm just starting week 6 and the cravings are pretty much gone. I let myself eat pizza and stuff once a week if I want. If I don't I don't but sometimes we do and it doesn't kill me.

I had a hard weekend last weekend and had to FORCE myself to get ack on track Monday morning. So, I lost all I had managed to gain back and then and extra 1.5 pounds. When I want something bad I think of how that 1.5 pounds could've been more if I hadn't had to back track. It keeps me in check!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey stacie!

No one can make you do this except you! That being said, here are some things to consider.

1. How did you get to the hot dog and Doritos? Were they already in the house? Then, get those foods out of the house! Were they somewhere else, like in a store? That is, did you have to go out and buy them? Well, don't go there! Don't buy them! You can pretend you're in a trance if you like, but the fact is, unless someone physically holds you down and shoves food between your clenched teeth, YOU are the one doing the eating.

2. Do you know where the gym is? Yes. Do you have a way to get there? Yes. OK, so step away from the computer! Get your keys! Put on your clothes and shoes! Drive to the gym NOW! That's what it takes. It's not hard except for the first shove out the door and into the car. Make a deal with yourself: You only have to stay for 10 minutes. Walk on a treadmill or ride an exercycle, for 10 minutes. This is just to ease you into it.

3. It's NOT going to feel natural right now because it's a CHANGE! You have to change what you are used to doing. You have to be willing to try to change.

4. Stay aware of what you're doing and what you're thinking. Funny how folks can leap in the car and drive to McD's, but they just can't figure out how to get to the gym. Those darn cars, they have a mind of their own! You get my point.

Good luck! Keep TRYING!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciec878 View Post
...but when does it just seem natural??
I'm speaking entirely for myself here but I have to say that I don't think it's ever going to seem natural. Its a struggle - broken down into every choice I make - I get up at 5.45 am - do I go for that run or not? do I eat breakfast or skip it? I get through the entire day and sit at home that night (not hungry) and think - hmm to have that piece of chocolate or not?

The only thing I can say is once you get into the 'swing' of things it becomes clearer - the reasons why you're doing it and the positive outcomes of gradually losing the weight.

Good luck at getting back on track

Last edited by denialisnthappiness; 07-29-2007 at 01:12 PM. Reason: I'm a fool - I didn't proof read before posting.
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
It's not hard except for the first shove out the door and into the car.
Isn't that the truth! I tell my hubby all the time that the hardest part of working out is getting my butt off the couch. That's why I have to do it the minute I walk through the door from work. I'm already hot and sweaty and wore out so why not add a 30-60 minute workout to that? THEN I can sit down and relax the rest of the night and it feels so good!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #8  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I will be the other side of the coin for a moment. You may be burned out. You have lost 29 pounds, and it was work. Hard work. You may need a break PROVIDED (and this is important) that you do not get crazy with it. A break is not a binge fest. A break is not going wild. It is maintaining your healthy habits and not tracking everything and giving your head a chance to think about something else.

Taking a break means getting everything out of the house that will wreck you. It means shopping at the edge of the grocery and not going into the center....nothing processed, just good, real food. It means going to the gym, but not getting crazy about how many miles, how much weight, how fast, but still going at least 4 times a week to do something and maintain a habit.

We were on vacation at an inclusive (read: tons of yummy food) spot two weeks ago, then went to a city with crazy, yummy ethnic foods. I did not gain, even on my break. I did not lose either, BTW. But I was smart about what I ate, and I stayed active. I only ran one time while I was gone, but swam, hiked, and walked everywhere.

Set a date to get back on program and be dedicated to it. If you say August 4th, then you had better start getting ready August 3rd. Nothing crappy to eat in the house, new trainers or jog bras if you need them.

If keeping track of every little thing is causing you to stress, then it won't be successful, which will lead you to give up. You have come so far; I would hate to see you blow it. If your head needs a break, take it, but don't take it too far.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I did that before I got back on track, ate pizza, drank beer, was rediculous and it went on for months - thus a huge weight gain to go with it. I kept thinking "tomorrow" but once the clothes quit fitting I had to either get with it or wear fat clothes. After a lot of hard work losing, wearing fat clothes again is sure depressing.

How about setting another mini goal? You say you want to lose 50 more pounds? Maybe that seems so far off, how about going for another 10 with us? You can do that in a few months right? You know how, hit the food journals, track everything, do your cardio and weights. Maybe you are bored or burnt out, can you think of some new activities you might enjoy? Bikings great this time of year, so is hiking. Do you like the outdoors? Or just get out and walk the mall if it's hot, simple things, just keep moving...
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:33 AM   #10  

I often have the same problem. I keep telling myself, "Tomorrow! For sure!" and then I'm fine in the morning but come 5 pm it's junk food city.

The first day is the hardest. Plan something that will keep you busy that day and that doesn't trigger eating. For example, if you want to kill time going to see a movie but know you'll be tempted to buy popcorn with butter (as I always am!!!) go get your nails done, take a walk with a friend, just something that will get your mind off of it for that hard first day. Give yourself a small treat so you won't feel deprived, too! You don't have to get completely back on track right away.

It's hard but you can do it! After a couple days you'll feel so much better and be back on track.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks Ladies!!
Sometime I feel I have to deal with so many other things I just cant fit eating right and exersize in my day. But Im pretty sure I can. Im setting a date for myself which is August 1!! Im already planning my sheluze for the day. And what Im Prommising is to just drive to the gym, just drive there then slowly get out of the day. And hopefully go in. Im not that much intimitated in the gym anymore, because its not like if you look at me you cant tell im fat. But now it will look like Im trying to help myself.

Im starting to find that more processed for makes me more hungry I eat atleast 3-4 100 calorie snack packs a day. Im going to set daily goals each day to see if I can just stick to it one day at a time
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote