Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #1  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Default Wow who would have known.....

So here for the last week or so I have been slacking on my exercise. I have still had weight loss just without the exercise. So today I decided at 11am I would go outside and clean the yard and mow it. Actually I did mine and my neighbors without telling them. But anyways. SO after all is said and done I come inside and plug in what I did. 20 minutes of moving lumber and the like around ((thanks hubby) and 2 hours of mowing with a push mower. I burned 521 cals just doing that according to FitDay. I have to make a habit of doing that once or twice a week.

What are some things ya'll do besides exercise to burn cals.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hmmm..My bathroom and bedroom (mostly just for show, and my closet full of clothes LOL) is upstairs, so I try to make as many trips up there as I can in a day.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

I try to play circus and wrestling with my kids. I give leg and arm rides to the younger three and, man, I'm begging for mercy by the time we're done!
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I gotta be honest, I'd rather just get my exercise at the gym. I hate housecleaning and gardening, so I pay someone to clean my house and my SO pretty much does all the yardwork. I do some form of exercise for one hour every day, but it's running or swimming or at the gym. I can't think of anything else I do that would amount to much in terms of calories. I suppose maybe my weekly grocery shopping, since it entails going to a mininum of three different stores (and sometimes four or five) and takes a couple of hours.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Last summer i cut my grass ALOT...that was one of my was of getting excersize. This year though i go to gym classes. But yeah...i lost a pound by skipping about 3 days of excersizing. Actually...it was just I finally gave my muscles a chance to heal and get rid of all the excess fluids in them. But it is soooo good to see 155.5 as my high weight for the day instead of my beginning weight in the morning!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Some of just what you did. I've been painting our fence, in stages. I gotta work during a 2 hour leeway when my son takes his nap. While hubby's home though, I can sometimes get more done. So today, during hubby being here and naptime, I spent more than 3 hours outside hauling scrap lumber from the torn down fence into the burning pile, cutting honeysuckle away from the bushes, weed eating along the fence (until the weedeater started smoking...ooops), and helping hubby to pull (using a rock and lever with chain) 10 fence posts out of the ground. One even stuck in concrete and some of the concrete came up with it. I'm ready for a nice loooooooooooong hot soak in the tub tonight.

Many days I'll take a 5+ mile walk with my son in the stroller, come back and do lunch, get him down for a nap and head out and paint the fence for a couple hours. I have a sprayer, but it's a large fence all along the back of the property. We tore down the one out front and used parts to repair bad sections in the back and side fence.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #7  
Queen of Everything

Height: 5'5

my son is a little tumor - doesn't want to be put down, at all, ever. (yes, yes i know... we're trying to break him of that) anyway, if lugging around his nearly 20lb butt all day counts as exercise... then that's mine.
Mdae is offline   Reply With Quote