Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #1  
temporarily inactive

Default Update :]

Well, on Tuesday, I had surgery on my lower-jaw. They split the lower-jaw bone in half, slid it forward (in order to correct a substantial over-bite), and screwed the bone back together. It's been rather painful and I'm only on the 3rd day. Blah. However, being that I haven't been able to eat these past few days because my mouth is being held shut tightly with rubber bands, I've lost 4 pounds! I'm esctatic, however, I'm terrified that once I begin eating solids again the weight will pile back on. While I'm of course more concerned with my jaw and whatnot, a little weightloss wouldn't hurt. It'd make this excruciating experience a little more worth it, if you get what I mean.
makemethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:21 AM   #2  
:)

S/C/G: 167/140/120

Height: 5'2"

Oh man. That sounds really painful. You're definately in my prayers tonight! Jeez.

Yeah, I would watch out for that four pounds too. Sounds almost as if it might be unavoidable when you eat solid foods. Maybe just start out with fruits and veggies?
BumpSetSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/165/150

Height: 5'9"

All the best for your recovery!
Martie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:01 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Gosh, Brianna, that sounds bad! Sorry you are having so much pain! I take it you can drink smoothies... You can get some good nutrition that way.

Remember that your body needs nutrients to heal properly. Be sure you are getting sufficient protein and calcium.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, as I said in an earlier post, I had the surgery in 99. I did lose weight because it was just so hard to eat (all liquids at first - boy did I ever get tired of Carnation Instant Breakfast!) but I gained all the weight back after I resumed eating normally. You are already on the low side of normal and your goal weight puts you in the underweight category. I weigh 127 at 5'7" and I am thin.

From a BMI calculator:

Height: 5 feet, 6 inches
Weight: 110 pounds

Your BMI is 17.8, indicating your weight is in the underweight category for adults of your height.

Just concentrate on healing and your lovely new profile. The surgery was one of the best things I ever did!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Now is the time to plan. Plan, plan, plan!!! Just because you have to start eating solid foods again doesn't mean you have to go back to eating corndogs, hamburgers, pizza, fried chicken...ect..... Now is the time while your stomach is shrinking a little from lack of solid foods to plan what healthy, high protein, low fat foods you can start looking to eat when your jaw is healed. Chicken Breast, tuna, eggs, bananas, apples...all good things to start back eating. I love to cook my chicken breast on sunday for the whole week. I use a little olive oil on both sides and sprinkle both sides with this great lipton recipe secrets called Savory Herb w/ Garlic. Yummy. I cook this in the oven on 350 for about 30 to 40 minutes. I also egg whites for breakfast. High protein, low fat, good carbs. Tuna with pickles....yum!! Sometimes i even use some totilla chips to scoop the tuna up with. Anyways, while you can't eat...now it the time to think about what you will be able to eat and plan healthy meals for when you can!!

Good luck and sorry to hear about the pain. I hope it all heals up great for you!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #7  

Wow, that sounds very painful! But way to look at the bright side! Hope you have a speedy recovery and can get back to doing things the healthy (and less painful!) way.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:21 AM   #8  
temporarily inactive

Thanks guys for the support! I truly appreciate it! I haven't eaten in 4 days now and I'm starting to experience chest and stomach pains...I'm waiting for my mom to come home so she can give me something to eat that has a little bit of nutrients in it. Ugh, this is so uncomfortable. I sincerely hope this IS worth it.
makemethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey - I just sent you a long PM!

Did they give you a syringe? I ate almost everything via syringe the first few days after the surgery. It was the only way to negotiate the tiny space between the rubber bands!!

You can definitely drink liquids via syringe, get some nice smoothies with protein powder, ice cream, fruit, juice and a little peanut butter! You definitely have to get some nutrition in there!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote