Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default C'mmon Guys!! We CAN do it!!!

Alright, so I've found myself thinking very positive lately...which is odd for me. I attribute it to all the exercise and good chemicals being released.

This week I had a NSV. This is the first week that I have not lost a single ounce. I stuck to my diet and did a ton of exercise like usual, but did not budge. Instead of getting upset and throwing my scale against the wall...() I went to the gym and thought. "Gee, I have been lifting weights for over 3 weeks now....I have been gaining muscle...THAT is probably why I haven't lost this week". I also know that the more muscle I have that the more fat I will be burning when I exercise, so I'm happy about that!!!

Keep it up guys....we all are doing great!! I know sometimes we don't see the inches or weight come off, but think about how HEALTHY our bodies are becoming. I got my new blood test results and my BP is FINALLY in the healthy range...my bad cholesterol IS WAY down under the healthy range....my blood sugar is normal. I mean...what else could I ask for??

What is something you are happy about even though the pounds may not be dripping off so quickly?
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Well done!!!
Wow, thatīs great.. I really get frustrated when the scale doesnīt show the results I expect and I know thatīs something I have to work on and U DID IT!!! Congratulations and keep up with the good work!!
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #3  

I agree that sometimes how you FEEL is more important than the NUMBERS. Although...the numbers are helpful, too! Good job on keeping positive and motivated!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the post Sheila! I've been feeling a little down today about not seeing that scale move and your post helped me to put things into perspective.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #5  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighHop View Post
Thanks for the post Sheila! I've been feeling a little down today about not seeing that scale move and your post helped me to put things into perspective.
np! Looks like you're doing great!!! I never want to gain the weight back that I lost...I will continue to lose lose lose...and maybe maintain once in a while.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sheila....that is great about your vitals coming back down to normal range!!

Let's see...I am glad that last week, i went to the gym 5 times and walked/jogged over the weekend. And that this week, i am excited to keep going to the gym 4 times (i think i have to work over tomorrow and since there are not classes i want to take tomorrow and I already lift weights in the other 4 classes, it might be a good day to take a break). I am so happy that i have a I CAN DO THIS motto right now!!! I am dedicated to toning up and losing weight more this month that i have been in the months past. I guess something has snapped in me that has me running to the gym every chance i can!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I am glad that even though the lbs are slow, I really think I need to buy some new pants soon! The ones I wear all the time are falling off me more and more as the day go by...!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Great post, BBE!! I've been thinking the same thing!!

Arm-in-arm, we'll get there!

I'll be thinking about you this week!! Let's stay positive together on some level!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Sheila, your attitude is fantastic! You've lost lots of weight, you're exercising, you're seeing lots of NSVs. You should be really proud of yourself
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #10  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Sheila, I concur with the rest of the Ladies, what a great attitude! Keep it! Lock on to it! It will come in handy more often then not as you get closer and closer to attaining your goals.

The one thing I have learned living my life with style is that the scale cant hurt me anymore.

I have had times of Maintainace, some ladies here use the word Plateau. Slow losses, 2 pounds for last month. And finally false gains. Which usually can be directly related to a salty meal, or TOM 3-5 pound gain there. Did any of these disappoint me, discourage me, cause me to doubt the course I am on for life? No!! And I will tell you why.... Because that scale will never say 200 + pounds again! No matter where the numbers settle or for how long, It's sooooo much better then where I was!

I am one of those who has no set date, no goal date. I'll get there when I get there. And I WILL get there. In my body's own time. In its own special unique way.

I wish you much success.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #11  

sweetnsassyfied...i wish i could be more like you. although, in a way i am. even though i have a goal date, if i don't reach it doesn't mean i stop trying...it just means setting a new date. lol!!! congrats on your loss so far. You are doing a great job!! I am so happy and proud of so many of the ladies on this board that have lost and are still losing. They say weight loss is the hardest thing you can do, but i find it so easy now. I mean, i know it is a long process, but eating smaller, healthier meals just seems so natural, i don't know why people struggle with it. (Not to insult anyone here who is struggling. It's just once something clicks for you that works, you don't know how you didn't know how to do this.) Anyways....yay for everyone losing!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #12  
I DO have a BellyButton!

It's so weird..now instead of waking up and thinking "mmmm..what sounds good for breakfast?" I wake up and think "Mmmmm...what should I start out on for my workout this morning and what kind of fruit can I grab to eat on the go?"...lol

My mindset has TOTALLY changed. If someone asks me to hang out...they have to be willing to go to the park, bowling, skating, boating...something that involves exercise or I will politely decline and do my workout. That is...IF I haven't already done it. Sometimes it is nice to sit around and play a video game or go to the theater. I also love to bake for other people because I don't eat the stuff myself anymore...even if it is a "healthy" version.

Weird...I look forward to steamed carrots, cauliflower, corn on the cob and salads. I LOVE sugar free jello with fresh fruit stirred in topped with FF cool whip. *scratches her head* Not that a bigmac doesn't SMELL good once in a while, but I don't think I would enjoy the greasy taste of it..A Bocca burger would satisfy my craving much more..

I threw a baby shower this weekend for my Best friend and she's a veggie so we had veggie dogs and regular. As soon as I smelled the veggie dog (I'm a former vegan) I drooled and had to have one..but ate it without the bun. I NEVER crave regular hotdogs...guess it's good cause I just get what I want without the fat and cholesterol. YUM!

Okay, I'm gonna go eat now.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #13  

The good thing about my eating pattern is...i don't even have to wake up in the mornings and wonder what i am going to eat that day. I already have my breakfast cooked for the week, i usually cook enough chicken breast to have for lunch and dinner for the week, i buy bananas for the week and leave them at my desk, i buy enough yogurt for the week for afternoon snacks. I go ahead on sundays and make sure i have everything already cooked and all i have to do in the morning is put in a baggie or tupperware plate, and throw it all in my lunch bag and out the door i go.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:12 PM   #14  
I DO have a BellyButton!

That's great Lumifan...I've tried it, but by the next day I'm wanting something different than what I have planned. I like to be spontaneous...and that includes my food.

The night before I might say "oh, I'll have a good protein shake with some strawberries and bananas added", but in the morning I find that I REALLY want to make my protein shakes into pancakes (they are VERY versatile shakes), and I add some cinnamon, sweetner and bananas and it tastes like Banana bread. Spray with some non-calorie spray "butter" and they're great! YUM!

I'm one that was ALWAYS cooking...I cook extravagant meals, so if I don't give myself that variety and spontinaity, then I get bored.