Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #16  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYAGODDESS View Post
I am not going to shoot my whole day because of a candy...

This is EXACTLY the right attitude!

As for recipes...hmm...how about a list of stuff I always try to have on hand?
Bagged salad - I baby greens
Low Fat String cheese
Whole wheat tortillas (I like low carb ones - only 50 clas each) or Pita pockets
Fat Free 1/2 & 1/2 as well as Torani sugar free syrup for coffee
Sliced turkey
Fruit - all kinds so I have choices this week's fav is watermelon
Veggies - same story as fruit...I eat a LOT of veggies! Farmers Markets are so
Frozen skinless chicken breast
Lean beef
Fish

is it dinner time yet?
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I get what chick listed except the syrup. I don't drink coffee. But I have found an alternative to syrup on pancakes and waffles. I spread All Fruit spread on them. I get the Kashi waffles, and can't find a whole wheat pancake in the grocer, so I make due with the closest I can come and get the Ego Nutri-grain. They're made with whole wheat, just not all whole wheat.

Also perhaps add PB. A spoon is a good snack, lots of protein. Eggs are also good protein. Also add yogurt and skim milk. Need your calcium.

If you like bread and pasta, opt for whole wheat varieties. Just because they say whole wheat, don't take em for their word...check the ingredients. First word should be "whole" or "stoneground". Or the lower carb options are "water", followed by "whole" or "stoneground". I prefer those too, cause the more water seems to soften the wheat texture.

Do go with lots of fruit variety. I sometimes HAVE to have some chocolate, but a lot of my sweet cravings have been replaced by fruit. I keep lots of apples on hand, but currently have a pineapple ready to cut up. And having a get together tomorrow, so I made up these shells out of scooped out honey dew melon halves. I used a melon ball scooper on the honey dews and a cantaloupe and filled the empty honey dew shells with the melon balls, strawberries, grapes and blueberries. Gonna top with fat free whipped cream tomorrow. Have light potato chips, and a meat (ham and turkey) and cheese tray with cheese cubes and olives. A fairly light and healthy fare. I just gotta remember to not overdo the chips. Even thought they're light, they're still junk food.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I also had became a "hermit" during my yrs. of obesity. My whole life was cooking, cleaning, paying the bills and doing laundry. I am now much more socially active.

I have a 15 yr. old DD and a 15 yr. old SD and a 21 yr. old son who live at home. I'm now more active in going to the girl's school functiions, my son's wt. lifting meets, my SD's ball games and swim meets. I take long walks with the girls', play cards with them, have hulahoop contests with them, and take them swimming on a regular basis. I go watch my son sing Karaoke and once a week, DH and I go to the comedy club with our son. My girls love shopping so we spend time at the mall or Walmart together. (I even buy things for myself now as I spent many yrs. not wanting to "waste" money on myself). I think the getting out and doing things with my kids has improved my own happiness and mental health as well as that of my kids.

I didn't see mentionded if you are a married or a single parent. Either way, you need to schedule a "night out". Movies, dinner, or anything that you would enjoy to start a regular practice of getting out of the house and out of the rut. It is great that your sister is available to help you. Maybe the two of you could schedule a night out together without the kids every once in awhile.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote