Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Works for me!

*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post *post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post*post
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

again...that is why I you gals!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #19  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Interesting question. I think when I come here and post I'm more likely to stay on track than if I don't visit the site. For me, I like to think if I say - or, in this case, post - something then I'm going to stick to it, and posting my daily menu or exercise or whatever means that I'll stick to it - or very close to it...

If that all makes sense....
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #20  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I've been posting on this site for about 2 and a half years now. My average is almost 5 posts per day (I think it's like 4.95). I would say that's pretty "obsessive" (or whatever word you want to use). However, when I first started, I was at my all-time highest weight of 310.5. The last time I stepped on a scale (2 days ago, I think) it said...

*drumroll please*

310. So by obsessively posting for 2.5 years, I've successfully lost and maintained a loss of 1/2 pound.

But maybe I'm the exception to the rule I am good at being the exception
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #21  

Gary -- you are the Hugh Hefner of 3FC!!

For me it's not my posting that saves me, it's my reading the new threads, etc. -- I swear whatever my problem of the day is, I can find someone on here having the same one -- and then 30 responses from everyone to help solve it. It's like a Sorerity (spelling?? sorry) -- everyone here is helping everyone else out. It's great!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Gary -- you are the Hugh Hefner of 3FC!!

That may be true SHELBY But I'll put "mine" against "his" any day....not only do my gals have "smarts" ~ they have attitude! ...of course if he invited me "over" to discuss it....well....I'd have to go

For me it's not my posting that saves me, it's my reading the new threads, etc. -- I swear whatever my problem of the day is, I can find someone on here having the same one -- and then 30 responses from everyone to help solve it. It's like a Sorerity (spelling?? sorry) -- everyone here is helping everyone else out. It's great!!
SHELBY, I also think by having this site to come to, it helps to keep our minds on our "issues"...wether we like them or not. By admitting and realizing "problems" we have hope to solve them here. We have hope through the success of the diet plans, people with "like" issues, prayers from the Faith Based groups. You are right....a regular sorority...Alpha Beta Tri-Chicka Gamma

P.S. ~ I'll plan the hazing
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 245/240/150

I have just joined the board, and it is definitely helping me so far! I love reading all of the success stories, as well as all of the great information this site provides. Everyone seems really friendly, and it's nice to talk to people that are going through the same things as you.
MichelleOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #24  

Height: 5'8.5"

It certainly helps me to stay focused and on track! And I am most definitely NOT obsessed with either the forum or weight loss. When I am setting an exercise goal here for myself and posting often I exercise more... not less.

I would add also that for me it helps choosing one or two groups here and becoming part of them so that I become cyberfriends with people, and being "regular" in those threads. That way we get to know each other, share our ups and downs, give out hugs or butt kicks when we need it, etc. And as someone else mentioned, the prayers for one another.

But it IS important to keep a balance.... the forum is not "magic" and when the rubber meets the road it is up to US to stay on plan and keep at it. But most of us need all the support and encouragement we can get.. AND it is also a blessing to give that support to others!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #25  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I think its up to the individual. Some people really need the support and pep talk. For me, I lost most of my weight before I found this board. In losing, I got interested in diet and exercise issues, and that's when I found this site and just kinda stuck around to tell anyone who gets discouraged that its not a lost cause. I always thought it was before, but I eventually got there.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I visit the site every day. I don't post that often but find that reading the various threads in different sections just reaffirms/reinforces my desire (and NEED) to keep going.

I think I'm boring those around me - I don't push my weightloss down their throats conversationally but I have to stay so focused (its the only way I'm going to do this) that its my main point of concentration in my life right now.

When I first came across this site I didn't believe it was possible to lose such large amounts of weight as some have done; now I know it is
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #27  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

This site has really helped me. Not only for support but for the knowledge others have already learned. Before I would try a diet but give up because it was to consuming after a week or 2. This time I have stuck with it through support here and I have lost as of today 11lbs. So 3fc has really helped me.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #28  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if it helps to post more, but I do know that like others, coming here and reading all the posts helps me stay on track. It is a way of saying to myself, "Hey! Don't forget your goal!" You know, it's also motivating to have a goal for my ticker and to be able to change my ticker...even if I have to change it to show that I've gained weight. I like to "see" my progress towards my goal on the ticker.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #29  
Happy New Rears!

How many calories do you burn posting a post? I'll be posting all day and night if it helped me lose weight!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooworld View Post
You know, it's also motivating to have a goal for my ticker and to be able to change my ticker...even if I have to change it to show that I've gained weight. I like to "see" my progress towards my goal on the ticker.
This has been really big for me! I've loved seeing my little penguin slide across that bar every Tuesday morning. It thrills me to no end that he's over near the right side of the ticker now! I know it's a silly little thing, but I decided in the beginning that ANYthing that helps me stick to my commitments this time is going to be considered a priority. My silly little spreadsheet and graph that I maintain...the weigh-in thread in the 100 lb. club forum...logging my runs on a running site and tracking them...posting in the Cool Runners forum. All of it helps me, so I'm sticking with it.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote