Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 01:19 PM   #1  
Web Nana

Default Steel Magnolias #130

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Since the last post by LORRAINE ran over to a second page I thought I would start the week with a new thread. Since I don't know how to get Lorraine's last post over to this thread please check #129 pg. 2 for her post.
Well we finally made Winter. Woke up to 3-4 " of snow this morning. It is not supposed to last long and with that in mind I will say it is pretty out there. I have been having a very casual morning and it is already past noon and I am wondering around in my robe and slippers. Of course, I have been busy. Finished the little envelopes of Reindeer food and sprinkles that I make for the GK's and the neighborhood children and have started sorting and planning the Christmas cards. I just have to sit down and sign them as I use a label softwear to print out the addresses and return addresses with pretty Christmas trees on them. Oh, I am not lazy, am I?

I have just a moment before DH returns from walking DD#2's dog and he will be looking for something to eat. Must get upstairs and get decent.

Have a great Sunday!!!

Gloria in MA....going to get her act together.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:27 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Good Evening Magnolias

It is a bit on the windy side today. We are having high waves and the ocean is georgeous like this. I am so grateful for the opportunity to live so near my beloved Pacific once again for awhile. Up here in the mountains the leaves will leave those disudious trees. There are enough evergreens to keep the place looking grand through the winter though. The gold mixed in with the green is a great picture.

Gloria just what is "raindeer" food? I know what Santa food is but I don't recall feeding his critters.

Lorraine - my ears should be red with you gals talking about me. Tell Gin a good Howdy for me. I miss you two so much. Sigh......

Maggie fixin' a bite to eat in CA
Old 12-10-2001, 01:51 AM   #3  
Thin Within

I just love this time of the year.
Old 12-10-2001, 07:58 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

MAGGIE Hi, so nice to see you again! California sounds so good. I love the ocean, whether it is the East Coast or West Coast. I have lived near the ocean all my life and I wonder if I could live away from the water. As to the Reindeer food...I have these tiny plastic bags and put in about a tablespoon or two of Quaker Oats and a dash of gold sprinkles then staple the top with a little card that reads "On Christmas Eve, Sprinkle this Magic Reindeer Food on your lawn. The Magic Glitter and the smell of oats will guide Rudolph to your home." The kids love it and it has become an event to go outside on Christmas Eve and spread the goodies for the Reindeer. In fact one of the GK's went up and down his street to make sure the Reindeer could find the homes of all his little friends.

I just stopped by to say Hello then
Gloria in MA...offto bed & to read for a while.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:08 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Good Evening Steel Magnolias

OH it is windy here...... the trees are fast moving about but it is cozy warm in here.

Gloria that raindeer food sounds like an absolutely great thing to do. Kids love to get into the act and that is great.

Have a lovely evening ya'all.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:09 AM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hi everyone! I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is doing well....

Things have been hectic at work. Things have been hectic (at least over the weekend) at home. Things are slowing down now. Thankfully.

Program-wise I'm stuck in a rut but hangin' on--I refuse to gain any weight over the holidays.

Gail
Old 12-11-2001, 12:09 PM   #7  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

The wind blew big time during the night. It has calmed down now but the surf warnings are still high waves.

Gail it was good to see you here again. I am glad for you that things are slowing down a bit. That hectic pace can wear on a person. {{{{{{{HGU}}}}}}}}.

Everyone have a nice easy day.
Old 12-12-2001, 02:00 PM   #8  

Hi All! Gail I'm where you are - stuck in a rut, but refuse to "let go all the way", and be back where I started.

Hang in there Gail, I am....more fish...less beef and lamb for me, and more salads, in the winter it's "unusual" to eat lots of salads, but hey - what difference does it make to my stomach...it doesn't have a brain....

Kermie
Old 12-12-2001, 04:19 PM   #9  
Web Nana

Good Evening Magnolias

Only have a minute before supper and want to change my avatar by my name. Hope this works. Will try to be back later.

Gloria in MA.....in a rush.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:00 AM   #10  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I got a couple of my glass projects cut out and the rough sides ground off now tormorrow it is all about wrapping the edges with copper foil. Today Turn got in BIG trouble. It sure is hard to do intricate things with him trying to help. But he is so precious that he didn't stay in trouble long. Just as long as it took him to figure out how to get out of that room with the folding door. He opened it...... in no time.

Welcome to the group Kermie. Hope you come back soon and let us know a bit about you.

Gloria that is a cute avitar you chose....... you never came back.. At least not yet.

Maggie fixin' to go read a book.......
Old 12-13-2001, 10:15 AM   #11  
Web Nana

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

MAGGIE Your right I never did get back. Got on to another phase of my Christmas wrapping and never sat down until late. This morning I finished all the wrapping and now it is just making the Plum Pudding Mineatures and the Hard Sauce that I give away to the neighbors. I can just imagine what kind of trouble Turn got into with your glass project. It is good that he is so lovable!

KERMIE Welcome! It is nice to meet someone new on the thread. I, too, am battling with a weight gain and the holidays. I keep on trying and if I can make it thru the year on a maintain I will be happy. Next year we will begin again. I need to loose about 10 # to get back to goal! It is a struggle.

GAIL Hope things are getting less hectic for you both at home and at school. I don't envy you working and having a family, especially at the Holidays.

JEAN Haven't heard from you for a couple of days. I bet you must be busy! Are you still doing the bell concert at chruch?

Gloria in MA.....off to start the laundry and prepare for tonights Christmas party.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:21 PM   #12  
Web Nana

Good Evening Magnolias

Where is everyone?? I hope your missing because you are all out having a great Holiday time!!!!!
We are getting ready for DD#2's annual Christmas Bash. Santa will arrive about 5 PM. It is quite the party from 3 to 8 and about 50 kids and about twice that many adults. Don't know where she gets the ambition to undertake this each year. She has been cooking for 2 weeks now and in in perfect control. We will have a ball. I plan to capture the kids on video and this year I think I will use the tripod and not have to hold the camera for the whole time.

Gloria in MA.....taking an easy evening to watch TV and then to read before bed.
Old 12-16-2001, 04:19 PM   #13  

Good Afternoon, Maggies!
I have been AWOL, not because I have been off having holiday fun but because I have been computerless since last Sunday! I spent all day Saturday downloading the latest virus version of McAfee and when it finally told me to reboot, the computer wouldn't come on without making a horrible noise! I couldn't get it to shut off so finally unplugged it from the wall. DH took it in to the repair place on Monday, mainly to find out if it was fixable or whether it was totally ruined. The guy said it probably had a virus it didn't know what to do with and that he couldn't get to it until probably Tuesday. Well, it was finally Thur. before they even opened it up and we still don't know anything. I am mad enough to spit nails but like DH said, they could just put the pieces in a box and shove it under the counter if we keep bugging them. I did call on Sat. and asked how long it would take to check a computer to see if it was fixable and the guy told me to bring it right down and he would take a look at it. Then I asked how long it takes to fix one and he said they allow 3 days. I never did tell him who I was but I just might stop in after school tomorrow.

Anyhow, I came up to school to see if I could get into the site when the rest of the computers are not being used. This is an old MAC and so slow, usually we can't even get on the internet let alone get anything done. I'm sure I won't be able to check in tomorrow.

Does anyone know if we have lost a thread along the way? I thought I started #130 and moved Lorraine's last post over. I did go back and found #129. Maybe I am losing my mind . . . that is a definite possibility!

Gloria -- I'm glad you got the snow! So far we don't have any and I'd like to keep it that way! Last year was such a long winter so this is a nice change. We have been shopping without winter coats which is unheard of in December. I have never heard of reindeer food either. Sounds like a fun idea and I'm sure the kids love it! Since we are not back in the church sanctuary, our bell choir has put off playing. We have our own tables, table pads and cloths, music, plus all of the bell cases to move when we play. There are only a couple of husbands who will help carry the stuff so it is a major production.

Maggie -- cute graphics! So just what did Turn do to get into trouble? Yesterday I was working on Amanda's Christmas stocking at the kitchen table. I got up to do something and I'm not sure what happened except that "Mom" was hopping off one end of the table and my box of beads and sequins (sorted, of course) were scattered all over the table and the floor! I was so mad at her and she knew she was in trouble. Luckily, all of the clear beads stayed on the table and the colored ones were on the carpet. I did get them all picked up again but by then I was out of the mood. Jason and Amanda might have to share Jason's stocking again this year!

Gail -- "HI!" Nice to see you peeking in!

Kermie -- "Welcome" to the flower patch! I hope you will post often so that we may get to know you and you us! I hope to either have my computer fixed or have a new one sometime this week! I am not very patient with this one!

Have a great week, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 12-16-2001 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:59 AM   #14  
Thin Within

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

We have been quite busy around here. I finally got the project done I was making for my sister. She loved it! Her husband is going to find the "perfect" place to hang it for her.

Gloria that daughter is a rare one! She is throwing a bash that will give many kids and adults much pleasure. What a nice gift she has. Enjoy.

Jean sounds like that computer place is shining you on. Is there another place you can take your computer? Turn got into trouble for he wouldn't stay off my small little glass pieces. I would have the fairy pieces all in place and he would come scatter them ~ before I could solder tack them in place. He just wanted to help.

Have a great day all ya'all
Old 12-17-2001, 06:37 PM   #15  
Thin Within

NEED HELP?
Closed Thread