Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 06:23 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just got back from my college tours! Say the youngster and took him and his roommate to lunch. Gosh, I love the Cracker Barrel! No OP food there. I did order a chicken sandwich, but they are not all that healthy when they have bacon and cheese and grilled sourdough bread. Hope no one was hungry when they came in here! Guess it will be cabbage soup for dinner!

Susie: If I had the answer to the motivation question, honey, I'd be RICH!!! I guess it comes from within. How are your measurements going? Maybe that could be your motivation for the moment. With the exercise you should see some little improvements even if your eating isn't totally back OP. I have found I don't use any activity points. I figure they're just extras. I can hear 2cute saying, "Thinthinker, exercising. In the same sentence. NOT!) Dang you guys know me too well! Let me restate that....I figure if I did any activity, I wouldn't count any extra points they give me as it would just be a little 'extra'. Is that more like it???

2cute: Darn, girl! You are my conscience!! * I love the holiday elephant. He's cute! * I have visions of you trying to type quietly!!! That must be fun. Time to switch rooms.

Mary: Boy you do have alot of dinners coming up! I guess that's what it means to be popular!! See, if you were just a normal, run-of-themill person like me, you wouldn't get all of these invitations! Hope you got your shopping and decorating done and had a really nice day off with hubby.

Well girls, DH is about to walk through the door and I guess I should make him and #1 son something for dinner. Last night he warmed a couple of pieces of pizza for himself because I refused to cook! Have a good night.

"Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise." - Margaret Atwood
Old 12-06-2001, 06:46 PM   #17  
You and Me in 2003

Evening all

Well I got more shopping done. Son and I went into town had breakfast at Shoneys didn't have lunch just an apple.

DH did his shopping. He got me a CD RW for christmas.
I got my lights on my tree finally, now to decorate it.

What am I thankful for

I am thankful for all of you my friends
I am thankful for my family (god bless them)
I am thankful that I'm not sick (yet) this christmas (had surgery last christmas)
I am thankful I can wear smaller jeans

Well I'll go for now have to take a bath.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:04 PM   #18  
Give Peace A Chance !

How is everyone doing today?
Now it is my turn to be I wrote a long post and it was wiped out. I started not to post again today but decided I won't let this thing beat me. Although I did copy this one just in case.

Mary: You are one busy lady. Do you belong to all those oranizations? Sounds wonderful. Is it a lot of work? Either way enjoy the dinners I'm sure you'll be able to find foods on the menus to fit your food plan.

Susie: TOM is invading over here too. YUCK I'm feeling bloated as we speak. I hope yours turns out to be just a fluck. CONGRATS! on how well you are doing on your point system. You got WW down. Good for you

Thin: What is this POP TART THING! If you are going to eat off plan at least eat something we can all envy you for but POP TARTS

2cute: I had my grandkids last weekend. I have 3 and they are way big enugh to get into stuff. I'm always glad to see them come and then glad to see them go.

I'm thankful for ......
My health
My supportive family and friends
This message board
All you wonderful women who know exactly how I feel trying to lose weight
That I finally made the commitment to get healthier

Night all, Talk to you guys in the morning.
I hope this one goes through
Sleep well everyone

Peace
Old 12-06-2001, 08:48 PM   #19  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Catching up with you all was supposed to be a quick thing. I didn't realize how many days had passed since my last post!

Things are going better here. I'm moving around more easily, which is a huge relief. My food is improving for sure. I haven't lost anything yet, but the scale has been steady for the last 4 days. Halting a gain is sometimes harder than losing, have you ever noticed? I was so relieved to not see the scale bouncing all over the place the last few days. Now this appears to be under control, it is time to begin inching forward again. I'm ready!

I can't stay and do replies to everyone, but I did want you all to know how grateful I am to have this wonderful, safe place and good friends. Thank you!

Andria
Old 12-06-2001, 09:24 PM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Well I'll try this again. Taz yes I belong to these groups. Just checking in before bed.
Old 12-07-2001, 12:20 AM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening all.
It is still Thankful Thursday and I am thankful this day is almost OVER !!!! I enjoyed my granddaughter but she wore me out. She chases my dog to death and he doesn't like kids. Of course she loves him. Between the two of them I felt like I was being punished.

My legs just plain HURT all day. I was tired all day too. I think a leftover from yesterdays shopping spree.
My one daughter called crying and I hate it when I can't fix everything for them.
My other daughter informed us she is changing majors and now it will cost us even more $$$$
And today was my 32nd anniversary and my husband wanted me to COOK and save money for the trip. What kind of husband tells his wife to COOK on their anniversary.
It would have been different if I had planned a romantic dinner for two...but with grandkids and in-laws here I wasn't going to do that.
In short... my day had plenty of room for improvement.
At least I made him a boring dinner that he did not enjoy.

I am heading out first thing in the morning. Hubby took day off.
I am packing OP snacks and diet caffeine free coke. Can't forget a couple of water bottles too.
I am committed to staying on program... especially since this is suppose to be a new way of life.....not just a diet.
I am committed to drinking four 20oz bottles of water.
I am committed to eating a salad or veggie with my dinner.
I am committed to not giving in to temptation.
I am committed !!! Hey!!!! LOL , that didn't come out right.
I sound like I have just been locked up in the loney bins.
I am committed to this way of eatting and living.

I can't respond to all the posts since my dear hubby is sleeping in here AGAIN !!!! We probably shouldn't even go on this trip with his back messed up... but he says yes.

Thin... glad you liked my new avatar. I was so happy to find one of ME in a santa's hat. I look pretty darn cute NUDE!!! That was never a fantasy of mine.. but hey... always willing to try new things. LOL

For most of you it will be FUN FRIDAY when you read this.
You all know what I am going to do for fun. Now tell me, what about you???
The purpose of Fun Friday is to stop waiting till you lose your weight before enjoying life.

ENJOY your life NOW... TODAY!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-07-2001 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:16 PM   #22  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi all,

Just wanted to stop in quickly before the weekend (don't have access to internet at home). 4 days OP and still going.

Yesterday I banked 7 points.

I calculated over 25 points banked and unused this week. I am proud of myself and hope to see good results at weigh in tomorrow morning (2 plus pounds.....fingers crossed). Despite having a normally bad weekend with food, I think this week has been one of my best OP.

Well, got to run. Will report on Monday. Have a great weekend.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:07 PM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I've fallen and my wagon has rolled over me. I need to journal what I've eaten today, but it's not good. It really wouldn't be awful either if I would have gotten in my fruits/veggies and water.

I worked all day, but one of the jobs was lunch. I chose Salmon, but the mashed potatoes and rolls were not on my program for the day. Pizza for night for dinner. Just not in me this week, I guess.

Tazmani: I know what you mean. You'd think I would 'pig' on something other than Pop Tarts. They are soooo NOT yummy!!!

2cute: Hope you're having a wonderful trip!

Susie: Bummer you can't be here on the weekends. * My fingers are crossed for your WI. You've been doing so well this week, I know it will be good.

Mary: Sounds like Christmas already came to your house. I always have #1 son do me custom CD's on his writer, that way we don't need to buy another one.

Andria: Glad you are doing so much better at getting around. You're right about stopping a gain being as important as a loss. It's a good starting place and will soon turn around for you, I'm sure.

The Answer Is Here
I wrote to Suzanne about the page lengths and did you know that we can each control the number of posts that appear on a page??? I bet you didn't! Anyway, If you would like to see more posts per page, go to 'profile' at the top of the page. Then on the next screen chose 'edit options'. Then go down quite aways and you will find a spot that says something about posts per page. You will probably find that 'per forum default' or something shows up in the window. Well, if you pull that window down you will see that you can select 30 posts, 60 posts, whatever you want. And best of all.....it WORKS! I now have set mine to 30 posts per page and so whenever someone starts a new thread....cool and if no one does, then when I get to MY second page (30 posts) I'll start a new one. See what you all think.

Gotta run. Have a good night.

"It has begun to occur to me that life is a stage I'm going through." - Ellen Goodman

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-07-2001 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2001, 09:13 PM   #24  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
Things have been bad today. It started out good. I ate a slimfast bar for breakfast. At lunch I went to MCDonalds and got a philly cheese steak meal. At dinner I had a Butterball hotdog not bad. with fat free pringles. I have got to get back on program. Help
Old 12-08-2001, 12:03 PM   #25  
Give Peace A Chance !

Good morning everyone,

It is a minute or 2 before 12:00pm so I can still say morning, by the time I'm done with this post of course it will be afternoon but you guys get the jest.

I see everyone is doing so good. I'm still OP and no cheats. I manage to get my H20 in everyday and a little exercise to boot. I'm hoping for some more results to be in next week. We shall see. I'm such a slow loser. I think it has to do with my age and this menopause thing, but I'm still going to hang in there and keep pluging away untill the job gets done.

Susie: You are the point banking queen!! WTG!

For everyone else, have a wonderful day and make the most of it.

Peace
Old 12-08-2001, 05:31 PM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all
well its 1 party down 3 more to go . I didn't do too bad. I ate a baked potato for lunch an dat the party I didn't eat that much. Some fat free cheese log and some sugar free candy a 1 slice of cake. and diet coke. Where is everyone
Old 12-09-2001, 05:17 PM   #27  
Give Peace A Chance !

Wow!! Mary, seems you got this Xmas party thing licked. Keep up the good work and you'll have nothing to regret come the new year.

Try not over do at the next one. Keep us posted, we're routing for ya!
Old 12-09-2001, 05:59 PM   #28  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Besides a little too much to do, things are going really well here. The scale has budged and appears to be heading the right direction! Wahoo! We'll give it a couple of days to make sure, but I was so excited. Two days in a row and it has been down. On my cranky scale, I like to give it a few days just to make sure. Remember, this is the one that told me once that I weighed 168 or something.

I also made it through the company Christmas party with no mishaps. They only had full strength salad dressing, but I kept it to a tiny splash and the lowest fat version available. There was only soda pop, so I didn't have anything to drink. Lots of relish trays made it easy to load up on fresh veggies. One of the desserts was a lightweight thing with pudding and Cool Whip, but I even had just a quarter size serving. All in all, it was a good night! The only embarrassing thing to happen is when we did the gift exchange and my gift had been lost off the table. I tried to find who was missing one, but no one was saying anything. I was so embarrassed! Of course, that worked to my advantage, because I left early and wasn't around to be tempted by the leftovers.

My littlest one is hanging over my shoulder right now and asking me to click on some of the faces. So, here goes...
She is such a silly thing. I sure love her.

Time to put my mommy hat back on and get some things done around here. Christmas is so close and you are all doing so well! Remember, this season really doesn't have anything to do with chocolates, candy canes and decadent desserts. It is supposed to be about love and peace. The more I concentrate on those things, the better I seem to do in all aspects of my life. Take off the pressure and enjoy the season while it lasts!

Andria
Old 12-09-2001, 09:29 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all

Where is everyone. I weighed today I didn't lose any but didn't gain either holding steady.
Taz: I have american legion tomorrow night lots of food. Hope i can get through it.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:50 PM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

Well here I am back and about to start page 3 so I am going to start a new thread.

DO NOT POST OR REPLY IN HERE !!!!!

Instead... go to 300+ and Ready To Try Again.... #112
See everyone there.
Closed Thread