3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   fat camps (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/114525-fat-camps.html)

freeqeegrl 06-06-2007 02:29 PM

fat camps

summer is coming up, do they have any adult fat camps that aren't a million dollars to go tooo????? im really intrested in one, if anyone knows if this exist please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!or if you've been to one if they work?????:carrot:

SoulBliss 06-06-2007 02:35 PM

There's one in La Jolla, CA that is very expensive but is well respected. I cant afford it financially or time wise :(

They do stress that they are not a "fat camp" :lol: I think they don't like the implications.

http://www.camplajolla.com/

improbable 06-06-2007 03:08 PM

It depends a lot on how old you are, some of the programs go up to 23 or 25 years but no higher. If you can find a day program, that will make a big difference, too. I googled "adult weight loss camp" and found quite a lot. What price range are you looking at?

Janny O 06-07-2007 09:54 AM

I must be in a silly (or blind) mood this morning cuz I though your post said "Fat CRAMPS" I'm like "what the heck is this about!!".....lol

gailr42 06-07-2007 12:29 PM

I think they call it a Spa rather than a fat camp :lol:.

freeqeegrl 06-07-2007 12:31 PM

janny o lmao man do i have those days!!! i work at starbucks and today some guy asked for a grande drip and i repeated " drande grip?" wow . . . i know bad right. any ways not much as i said above i work at starbucks so im practically broke :) if anything ill save for next summer if i have too , damn these fat cramps. . . .:) sorry sould bliss im mean ating to much and gaining challenged :)

Rosario 06-07-2007 03:26 PM

Since fatcamps are so expensive and require lots of time, why not try a fitness boot camp. If you work full-time or go to school, you may find one in your area that has hours that meet your availability. There is one near me that starts at 5:30 am so I'd be able to go before work. And it was priced pretty reasonably ($199 and up).

It may not be the same experience as a fat camp, but it sure looks like it'd help some...and they look like fun.

KnitALisa 06-07-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

There's one in La Jolla, CA that is very expensive but is well respected. I cant afford it financially or time wise :(
Good mamma jamma. Their 9-week program is a much as YEAR OF FREAKIN' COLLEGE TUITION!!!! Or most of a car. Gah. That just... wow.

KylieH 06-07-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janny O (Post 1723510)
I must be in a silly (or blind) mood this morning cuz I though your post said "Fat CRAMPS" I'm like "what the heck is this about!!".....lol

HAHAHAHA!:D

rubberlegs 06-07-2007 06:14 PM

Jeez Rosario! That bootcamp sounds cool! :)

nelie 06-07-2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnitALisa (Post 1724139)
Good mamma jamma. Their 9-week program is a much as YEAR OF FREAKIN' COLLEGE TUITION!!!! Or most of a car. Gah. That just... wow.

Honestly, it doesn't seem that expensive to me. It comes to $152/day which is including room and food and classes and whatever else they provide. Anyway, how many "regular" people do you know that can take 9 weeks off and not have to worry about work or other obligations. Obviously it isn't for regular people :)

Plus I should add that La Jolla is one of the most expensive cities in the nation and its a beautiful place.

rubberlegs 06-07-2007 06:49 PM

Yeah - I live about 30-40 min away from La Jolla. It has one of the most beautiful beaches in Southern CA (La Jolla Cove, where I love to go running), but only the richest of the rich can afford to actually live there.

Maybe TMI and a little OT, but during the last publicity storm before the trial, Michael Jackson rented a mansion there that is right on top of Black's Beach (a gay nudist beach)

KnitALisa 06-08-2007 04:04 PM

Nelie- I'm a college student paying my own way, so I think everything in terms of tuition. I go to the grocery store and spend $50, I think, "Gah! That was a used textbook!" $1,000 is a huge sum to me, so almost 10x that is just... a lot of freakin' money. I'm sure it probably is reasonable for the service that they provide, but hello sticker shock. I think I'll stick to my $35 a month YMCA pass. ;)

kaplods 06-08-2007 05:43 PM

I hear ya KnitALisa,

College days are well behind me, but my husband and I are both on SSDI and have huge medical bills, so our resources are limited. Our "sticker shock" is based on comparing prices to one of our medications or our rent check.

Expensive and reasonable are in the eyes and pocketbooks of the beholder.

thinnythighs 06-11-2007 08:19 AM

Love La Jolla. Absolutely gorgeous. Even the seals are cute. Never knew there was a fat camp there.