3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Thru Thick N Thin #122 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/11440-thru-thick-n-thin-122-a.html)

PeekabooICU 12-03-2001 06:38 PM

Thru Thick N Thin #122

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.

PeekabooICU 12-03-2001 06:41 PM

I copied my last post onto this thread.

Hi Everyone

This is my second time trying to post. I am on Internet Explorer this time, just in case I lose my connection, I can at least open an email or draft in Outlook and copy and save it.

Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I finished all the letters I needed to do and only had to re-do a couple because payments came in on them. I was more organized this time around but oh man, its so much work. Plus I have to think to much.

I kinda got into it with another co-worker and said some stuff I have wanted to say. It just makes me so mad when my co-workers discuss something and decide on how something will be done but then don't tell me and then when it comes up and I've not done it their way, I'm made to look like an inconsiderate jerk.

Skeeter, the guy I'm thinking about, I think his name is Alexi and his last name starts with a G. He is so good doing the step movements. The last time I saw him, it looked as if he was tap dancing on his toes. It was so cool. I saw the one where the guy wore the muscle outfit. It was so cute. Phillip Candeloro is really good to. He loves to show off his chest. Usually when I see him, he is always stripping off his shirt. How is your hubby doing with sleeping? You haven't mentioned for awhile if its gotten better for him. Just curious. I hope its going better for him. (and you to )

Jen, I love flavored coffee's to except dh doesnt like it when I make them in our coffeemaker cause he says it leaves the flavor in the pot even tho I wash the pot afterwards. I've got my fingers crossed for you that your Dr gives another week off.

Tobey, It turned out to be a really nice day here to. Too bad I had to stay inside all day at work. Dh is a former Marine. He loved the military life, wanted to make a career of it but he had medical problems and was discharged. I enjoyed that life to except for one thing......the military considers the spouse as a dependent!!!! I'm not dependent!!!!! One of these days I'll get myself back on an exercise plan. I know I stuck better with my food plan when I was exercising and even if I messed up on my food, I didn't feel as bad about it because I know I burned those calories. I have just learned that no weight loss program is good without exercise. Now I just need to get back to that mindset. I honestly doubt if I do until after Xmas tho.

Marlana, sounds like you had a really nice but busy weekend. That was sweet of them to get that throw for you. Something like that means alot to the person it is given to. Yep, you did email the newest passowrd to me and I thought that was the password, it was just stuck in my head but I just wasn't quite sure. Well, I think my brain is just permanently fried. Anytime I have to think to hard, like on Friday or today, well, it just screws me up. One of these day's I'll be able to do this project without having to ask the same questions each time.

Sally, nope, my sinuses are still screwed up but I feel better so thats all I care about. Even DH is sounding better today. Tell your dh that when you are in that chair, its your chair until you get out of it. Be sure and let us know about that job. It is hard to leave a job if you like it or you like your boss. If it is offered to you, just take a day or two to think it out and decide what is best for you.

Marybeth, I will keep your mom in my prayers. I hope she is doing better today. I can understand why you delayed going to the hospital and wanted to avoid your siblings. Its hard feeling like the outsider. Thats kinda how I feel at work with some of my co-workers. But most of the time I just keep my mouth and do my work, its just easier that way but sometimes its hard to let some things go by.

Well, I'm still online and I'm ready to post. I've got my fingers crossed this goes thru. Take care everyone

Tam36 12-03-2001 10:14 PM

Good evening ladies: Its late for me I should be in bed by now. I went x-mas shopping after work and have it almost done!:)

Starkeeper: Thank you for starting the new thread:) I'm glad your feeling better, so am I.

Marybeth: I hope your mom feels better soon.

Sally: I hope your hear about your job soon, it must be nerve racking waiting.

Marlana: Your throw sounds beautiful and such a loving thought .

Tobey: wow! a 9 course meal, I would like to go to one some day. it sounds fun.

Jen: Yum Yum 5 kinds of coffee sounds good!:D

Well, I got to get to bed.

Marlana 12-04-2001 07:19 AM

Good Morning~~Not many of you in yesterday, everyone is so busy this time of the year, including myself. I've got to put up my lights today and I have a small window to do it in because it's going to rain today. So I'm going out early this morning and tackle the job. If I put it off I'll end up getting the lights up a week before Christmas. Last year I got them on the chain link fence and got sick the next day and never turned them on again. I had a much better day with the food yesterday, but I need to treak it a little more.:lol:

Tobey~~Well great, you managed to get yourself into a Christmas parade. You should have had a picture of yourself before you lost weight on your back and everyone would have been empressed. Not that they wasn't empressed anyway. I'm empressed at the 6.5 miles girl. I also thank your a great example for all of us that hasn't lost our weight yet. It can be lost and kept off, if we try hard enough. Do you realize how many people lose weight and gain it back? I'm very proud to have you in this group.

Jen~~It sure don't seem like it's been long enough since the operation for you to go back to work. Of course you know they would have put you back to work the next day if you would have gone back. I don't drink much coffee, but I do love those favored ones. I'll drop by for a cup and some chat during the holidays. I'll tell you before I show up.:D

Skeeter~~I have found out you really have to watch those little fish when they eat or they will spit one out when you aren't looking. Neon didn't eat well last night, he only eat 2. I went on the web and done some reading on Betta's. They live 2 to 3 years, but can get sick and die. I found out that they don't like to eat the same food all the time and might stop eating well. When I bought mine she didn't mention more than one food. I hope Neon eats better today. I haven't got my cards done either. I thank I bought some last year after Christmas, but I'm not sure and I haven't got into the Christmas things yet. Hubby got them down for me last night.

I cant' believe I'm already through writing on here, but I am. Have a great day everybody.

Extra Extra I replied and then discovered I wasn't through after all. Had to delete the post and write some more. I hate these short threads, I don't care which way to handle it.

Jo Jo~~Thanks for starting the new thread, boy that job comes around fast doesn't it? I thank you do work with some inconsiderate jerks. Sometimes a girl just has to let off some steam. Aol is terrible to knock you off line. I can't give up my outlook for AOL. I don't thank thier browsor works any faster for me than the explorer, yet it says it is hooked up at a faster speed.

Tammie~~I like one thing having my shopping done, a ring for a grand daughter. Glad to hear your feeling better. Thank goodness you got better in time to get the shopping done. I don't stay up late at night either.

Now I'm done!!!!

TobeyToe 12-04-2001 09:33 AM

Good morning all.

Not too much to report. I got a call from the advisor of my course that I am doing through distance education. She called to give my marks for the 3 assignments that I had completed. I am happy to say that I am doing very well and have about a 90% average in the course right now. Whew – I hadn’t heard from her in a while so I was getting worried. I am not sure if I will have a chance to check in tomorrow. I am taking the day off work and will be spending it getting my nails done and finishing my Christmas shopping. If I have time before dh gets home, I would also like to put up the tree. I am also booked for early morning as I plan to hit the gym and do a 4-mile interval run on a treadmill.

Jen: So how did the doctor’s appointment go? Do you really have to go back so soon? That coffee sounds good. What flavours did you get? I am a big a coffee drinker or at least I used to be. Now I try to watch my caffeine intake. I have my one BIG cup in the morning and then if I want more coffee later I switch to decafe. Starbucks makes great decafe. You can’t tell the difference.

Skeeter: You deserve a day off! It funny that how when you retire or take vacation from work, that you end up working even harder! Oh well. I agree that a parade in the dark sounds really neat. They must do a lot with lights. Where my mom lives they do a parade of lights. They get local transport trucks to decorate their trucks with different lights and then they parade through town. I have never seen it but mom tries to make it every year. That’s great you donate regularly – the world needs more like you. I tried to give blood this but found out that I am not suitable to be a donor. Which is too bad because there is a permanent blood donor clinic in a building just a block over from where I work.

Jojo: I don’t blame you for getting frustrated with your co-worker. I hate it when people assume that your are psychic. I used to work at a company where there was no communication and everyone ended up doing their own thing. It was so frustrating. People just didn’t realize that we were all playing for the same team. I am very lucky where I work now. They get everyone involved with everything that is going on. There are no unwanted surprises. I know exactly what you mean about how the military treats spouses. When BIL was moving out of the PMQ, his wife was classified in the same category as their furniture! Good luck on getting back on plan. The thing is that you have to do it when you are ready and not worry about what anyone else says. Not always easy. Love the doggie attachment! :lol: Oh I just went to the next thread and saw the reindeer attachment – I love that one even more!

Tammie: Since it gets dark so early, I am so tired early now. Last night I feel asleep on the couch watching TV at 9:00. I am looking forward to finishing my shopping tomorrow. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Marlana: I bet your yard is soooo beautiful at Christmas. It sounds like you put a lot of care, love, and work into it. I know what it feels like to lose weight and gain it back. One summer dh (well he was actually still bf at the time) went away to work for 3 months and I lost over 20 pounds that summers. Unfortunately once he got back I gained all of it back and then some. :( That was biggest loss that gained. (hmmmm does that make sense?) Otherwise I used to yoyo between 10 pounds. I am happy to say that in a few weeks, it will be my 1 year anniversary of keeping off my weight – 40 pounds from when I started – 50 pounds from my all time heaviest. I had some tough times through the maintenance phase. In fact that is how I found you guys. I was going through some tough times and no one else seemed to understand. You were all so supportive! In fact, you personally did a lot for me. I still remember some of your first posts to me. Don’t know what I would do with out this group. Oh there I go getting all mushy! You’ll have to excuse me. :cry:

Well that’s all for today. Have a great one. Hope Sally checks in soon – I am dying to find out what happened.

All the best.

Tobey
:D

Dolphin 12-04-2001 11:37 AM

Good Morning Gals. I went to see my dear surgeon yesterday. I go back to work on Friday, without restrictions. I'm a little surprised at that. I think part of it is his office is sick of dealing with the employee health nurse at the hospital. Since I'm workers comp she's very involved with my return to work. I guess she got pretty snippy with the office nurse and the office nurse let her have it. I said "good for you!". But I do feel better now then I had with any of the other surgeries. And I did rake my leaves yesterday and felt great, absolutely no pain. The gals I work with are great. I know that if I don't feel comfortable lifting something or someone, they'll help me out. I'll be careful the first couple of weeks. I am getting pretty bored around here. I've gotten all of my school work done, except for studying for finals, shopping is done and wrapped, x-mas cards are done, just need to do baking, and it's too soon for that. And my mother is driving me nuts. I'll be glad to be able to get out of the house a little. I did take some vacation time because of finals, so I will only be working 3 days a week for the first 2 weeks I'm back.

Today I'm making my "t-giving" dinner. A turkey with stuffing, yams, and rolls. Nothing too fancy. But I love the leftovers. I'll be able to take 'em to work with me! I'm gonna have it ready early evening, so I won't eat until then!

It's definately going to rain soon. Great for burning the leaves. They were still wet from before. I started with the sinus headache yesterday and my dog threw up this morning. She always does when it's going to rain. YUK!

Tobey- Congrats on your grades so far. I know how unnerving it can be when you don't know. Caffeine is the one vice I won't give up. I drink almost a pot of coffee every morning, and I just about live on diet mountain dew. I know, I know. The coffee is egg nog, German chocolate, Christmas cookie, Santa's white Christmas, and Frosty's favorite. They gave a description of all the flavors. I don't remember them exactly but they were all yummy, like vanilla, cinnamon, hazelnut. Also congrats on your weight loss. 50 lbs is alot! I'm still down about 45 from my all time high of 190, but my low is 125, so I'm 20 up from that. I'd like to be 130-135.

Marlana- I'd love to see your house when you're all done with it. I bet it's gorgeous. Did you send me your address somewhere? I've forgotten, and I'm having a blonde moment! Come on up for a cup of coffee and we'll go shopping!!!

Tammy- Isn't it a great feeling to have the shopping about done?

Skeeter- You guys are cracking me up with all of your "fish talk"! I still haven't thought of a way to make the bowl cat proof. But I'm still thinking. I'd love to get one too!

Jojo- I hate it when coworkers are like that. I'm glad you said some things that you wanted to. I'm sure I'll be getting into it on Friday!

Sally- Any news yet?

Marybeth- Mom still doing ok?

Gotta go, stuff to do.

Jen

MbG 12-04-2001 05:45 PM

Hi Everyone :wave:

Just a quick not to say I'm alive and holding on. Loss 6/10th of a pound this week, but all things considered I'll take it.

Yesterday I was in the middle of posting when I got a call from my younger bother, Mom had a seizer. I appears it was due to low blood sugar. She was coming back from the eco-cardiogram which they had taken her to between 11 and 11:30 AM - prior to lunch and with nothing since breakfast at 8:30 - as may of you know that's not a good thing for a diabetic :( By the time I got to the hospital she was stablized and awake. Needless to say we had a long talk last night with her Doctor and besides changing her med's he has now standing orders that her sugar level is to be check and reported to him every 6 hours. I am happy to report that she is now out of IMC and back on the cardio floor. We'll see how things go the rest of the week, but the main thing now is to get the blood sugar under control again, seems to be going from one extreem [sp?] to the other and not staying w/in her range.

I've not hit the chocolate yet, which I feel is a good sign. I did have 2 real beers last night when I left the hospital and finally got dinner.

Will be in and out this week as I'll be taking some time off every other day or so to go to the hospital and take my turn. We are trying to have someone there at all times to help with the monitoring.

Later...
Marybeth
241/188.2/160

Skeeter2 12-04-2001 08:32 PM

Hey everyone. :wave:

Another long busy day and I am just now getting on this computer for the first time today. There is just too much to do and not enough hours in the day. I did get my 2 mile walk in this morning though.

JoJo~I also like Alexi Yagudin very much. That little toe step dance he was doing was great. I thought of him when I read your post but didn't add his name to the list of possibles. He is really good and I think that he will take the gold this year. My husband only sleeps about 4-5 hours if he takes an Ambien. Otherwise, he only sleeps a couple of hours. The Ambien is supposed to give a person 8 hours of sleep but not my dh. At least he is getting enough to function during the day. I feel sorry for him because I sleep so well most of the time. I fell asleep right after the pairs skated last night (9:30?) and slept until 6:30 this morning. That's a long time. Luckily I taped the skating. :lol: I'm sorry that you are having a problem at work with your fellow employees. It is sometimes better to say what you are thinking instead of always holding it in. Maybe they will respect you more for standing up for yourself.

Tammie~Glad that you are finally feeling better. Being sick during the Christmas holiday is a bummer. I haven't really done any shopping yet but I don't really have a lot to do. I have a few people that I would like to buy for but can't think of a thing to get them. Maybe some flavored coffee. :D

Marlana~I got my Christmas cards done today except for a few that I need new addresses on. That is a real relief because I have been trying to get started on them for 3 days now. It is very common for the fish to take a day off eating. That's why it is no big deal to go away for the weekend and not worry about them. As for eating new foods, don't try it. I bought mine the brine shrimp and they won't eat it and it cost a lot more than the pellets. I found a couple of different site that talked about Bettas being slow to accept new food. The only other thing that I found that they eat and love is mosquito larvae and those aren't real handy. :) Try several different websites because you will find different opinions on each of them. My favorite was bettatalk.com. Even that site is advise for a perfect betta life and we all know that life is not perfect.

Tobey~Congratulations on doing so well with your assignments. You know that you are planning a very busy day again. My daddy called that "biting off more than you can chew" but at least you have a lot of ambition. Keep it up because it is obviously good for you. I sometimes wonder how some people get so bored when they retire. I can't even remember the last time that I was bored. I really want to go fishing but can't seem to fit it into my schedule right now . I also don't read as much as I did when I worked full time. Stephen King has a new book out and I just finished the one he released last year. I am loving life right now so I guess I can catch up on my reading some day when the weather isn't as good. Your attachments are sure working for me. I am still chuckling over the latest one. :lol: That was very sweet what you wrote about this group. We love having you with us. You are our role model and give us inspiration. And mushy once in a while clears the sinuses. :cry:

Jen~I sorry that you have to go back to work so soon but it sounds a little like you are bored and ready to go back. Surely, your doctor wouldn't let you go back if he thought you would damage all of his good work. Then again some doctors are real jerks, which I know through experience with one. After all, they are just people like us but went to school longer. If it doesn't quit raining there, you might have to bury those dang leaves. I just thought of a gift for those people that I was stumped on; how about a betta in a bowl? I wouldn't have to worry about next year then because they would all probably hate me. I know two people that got bettas as gifts and love them but I am afraid to try that.

Marybeth~Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that your mom is having problems. It sounds like everything is on the right track now though. I'll keep her in my prayers. Maybe she'll be able to go home soon. WTG on another loss. You are still going in the right direction.

Well, it is getting late and I need to relax for a while. I'll probably fall asleep like I did last night. Y'all have a good evening.

Tam36 12-04-2001 09:21 PM

Good evening ladies: Well, I think I might actually lose tomorrow I've been low-carbing these last 3 days and feel great! I hope I can continue I'm hardly hungry and I love that!

MARYBETH: I hope your mom gets better soon. Its good you haven't gotten into the chocolate. Try to take it easy I know it will be tough but you can do it.

JEN: back to work already? At least its parttime you can ease back in. My dog throws up quite abit. I have a beagle and they have VERY sensitive stomachs!

TOBEY: sounds like your doing great on your exams. Thats great:)

MARLANA: My lights are all up I'm so glad! Its a chore alright!

Got to go.

Mommy2Girls 12-05-2001 06:27 AM

Morning Ladies,
Hope everybody's doing well this Wednesday. Well, after much thought and discussion, I'm keeping my current job. I was offered the new one, which I was pleased about, considering he had 60 applicants, but I think I will be happy where I am.
I have JoJo's fried brain this morning, and it is going to get worse, I'm afraid. I am having a major battle with my ex husband, and I got no sleep last night at all. Now we have to use part of our Christmas money for an attorney, and that makes me soooo:mad: Suffice it to say, I was tired of paying private school tuition, so I enrolled the girls in the public school here in the neighborhood, to begin after Christmas. Since I don't get child support and never have, nor any help with the tuition, I didn't tell the ex til after I did it. So, I told him last night, and he calls back and told me I was sadly mistaken..he was going to homeschool them and they would never set foot in a public school. This from someone who doesn't work, lives with his parents, and is bipolar. Anyway, I don't know if he can legally stop me, so I am headed for attorney land to find out this week. We have joint legal custody, but I have full physical custody; I am not a legal type person, so we'll have to see. Jeff wants to go ahead and hit him with child support, even though he won't pay it, and a visitation schedule while we're at it. Anyway, I wasn't going to unload on you all; sorry to write such a long whiny note. But these are my CHILDREN! I'm very Mama Bear when it comes to my babies. Sorry, you all--no sleep, no dinner and lots of stress make me whine!
Love you all, and I hope I can be in a better mood next time I get here, hopefully tomorrow. Forgive me for unloading and not being any support today!
Oh, I had a staff meeting Monday and missed another weigh in, so I weighed at home. I think I have mine set like the one at WW, and it said 170, I'll go with that til next Monday; I think it's about 1.5 pounds, I can't even remember!:dizzy:
Love you!
Sally

Marlana 12-05-2001 08:02 AM

Hello My Cyber Friends~~I worked on lights yesterday and got the outside lights up except for the Christmas tree I'm going to make....This Morning....I need to make it before I go to town so if I need more lights I can buy them. What a mush brain I am. I bought a bunch of lights last year after Christmas and I thought I was getting outside lights and they aren't.grrrrrrrrrrr Tell me please..What is the difference between the two??? I've looked them over from end to end and I can't tell any difference at all. The only thing I can thank of is that the bulbs for inside burns less hot. Don't know, but I thank I'll put those inside lights outside, If they blow, they blow. I spent a great deal of time trying to address my cards for this year. I worked and worked trying to get the envelope size right on the darn puter, when all of a sudden I got my eye site back and the darn thing said right there in plain site...Customize your envelope...DUH At least I didn't give up.

Tobey~~I done my nails yesterday, just a fill job. They was looking kind a ratty. I just put plain nail polish on them, didn't have time for a French job. I love a French manicure, and I always do one when I get a entirely new job on them. Right now my food is not as good as I would like for it to be. I'm trying very hard not to gain any weight back that I lost. Cute attachment yesterday. Your attachments are better than my email.

Jen~~I'm so glad you've done so well after your surgery, but sorry you have to go back to work so soon. Good to know that you can depend on a helping hand with the girls you work with too. I'll say one thing for you, if your fixing thanksgiving dinner now, your determined to get it all in. Are you cooking it now because you wasn't able to on THE day? I left you a private message yesterday, did you get it? Get that hazelnut coffee ready, I'm on my way.

Marybeth~~Hey 6/10 of a pound loss is better than a gain.Congrats! So sorry to hear about your mom's visit to the hospital. Boy diabetics have a time keeping their sugar level. How old is your Mom? I have a good friend that is diabetic and she is going to kill herself one of these days. She almost lost a toe a few months ago. She won't stay out of the sugar. I beer is the only thing that made me fat, I'd be as thin as a rail. I've never drink one in my life, I tried, can't stand it. I don't know how anyone drinks it.

Skeeter~~Girl you would thank that retirement would just be laying around all day or fishing all day, but I know it isn't so. What the problem is as I see it is the older you get the slower you get. A lot of my time is spent just looking for what ever I'm working with...like the dish rag.:lol: I don't know about Neon, he's off his grub. For the last 2 days he's only eat about 9 balls of food. I read on the web that they like a different diet from time to time. He spends all his time wanting a woman.:lol: He had the biggest mess of bubbles in there yesterday, and would you believe that after spending time in here on the puter I went in where he is and he had broke the darn thing up. I thank I'm driving him crazy! I just read what you wrote to me about the food. Thanks, that'll save me some money. I can just see me next summer setting up a pond of water to raise Neon some Skeeters. Sorry about that!!!!!

Tammie~~I hope you come up with a very good weight loss today girl. Are you leaving carbs out of your diet completely?

Sally, Sally, Sally~~What's the deal girlfriend? You had us all hoping and praying for your new job, and then you turn it down. Well I guess you just needed to know you COULD get it!!! I tell you girl, X husband's can be a pain in the ***, that's why I married mine for the second time. Of course the first time we was married for 9 months, and the last time it's lasted 39 years on Dec. 20th. Of course that can't happen for everyone. He's my sunshine...he just needed to grow up a bit when I first got him. Oh my goodness..as I read on in your post, I know why he is a X. I'll save you some money, he can't do one thing about you changing your kids school. Who the **** does he thank he is. If I had to hare an attorney, you bet I hit him for money, even back money, then he would keep his mouth shut.

Now that writing to Sally has got me all worked up, I've got to get off here. Make the most of this day, you'll never see it again.
Boss...Teresa I'm missing you guys.

MbG 12-05-2001 01:53 PM

Hello Y’all :wave:

Well, Mom [who is 77] is doing better today. The Dr. wants her to start walking to build back her strength. I worked through lunch and am leaving early so I can get up and visit before they kick us out for the night. Hubby gave me a scare last night [told him I didn’t need this right now] seems while he was working on the outside lights he took a fall off the ladder. Not too serious, landed on his bum in the gravel driveway…I’ll leave it to your imagination as to how he feels. :D

The weather here is beautiful again today, high’s in the mid-70’s hard to believe it’s December, but we could use rain and lots of it. I’m going to have to do some watering again this weekend for sure. The cherry trees in Washington, DC are blooming…they aren’t suppose to this time of year!

Sally, Jeff is right go for it all…if the X is not going to support or pay for the private school tuition then he shouldn’t have any say about anything. The order may say joint custody but perhaps you should ask for that to change also since all he seems to do is voice his option but give not real support! :devil: Guess you can tell this is one of my pet peeves and I don’t have kids, just seen a lot of friend’s kids suffer because the spouse doesn’t support, many times even when the court orders.

Marlana, I believe the difference between inside and outside/inside lights is in the wire cover. I think its designed to give better protection due to the weather conditions it is exposed too.

Tammy, hope the weight-in was good today. Remember, we are in for the long term and I’m one who really believes that as long as it’s not a gain then it’s been a successful week!

Well ladies I’ve got to get a few more things cleared off the desk so I can leave early. Hope all is well with everyone!

Marybeth
241/188.2/160

Skeeter2 12-05-2001 02:22 PM

Hey everyone. :wave:

We got our walk in a bit later this morning because I slept late. It was hotter too and the dogs didn't like it. It is hot now too and I'm thinking about closing the windows again and turning the a/c back on. I just shut if off on Monday and opened the windows.

Tammie~Good luck with your weigh in. I don't know anything about what's a carb and what isn't. I have been using WW 123 but obviously, I'm not doing something right. I stay within my points and started watching 2 miles a day but still can't seem to lose. Makes me :mad:

Sally~Is your husband stupid enough to take you to court when he hasn't ever paid any child support? I agree with your husband about hitting him up for some support now that he has started a battle. Also go for full custody with only supervised visitation because of him being bipolar. If the court demands child support from him, they will also establish the visitation. You probably made a good decision about your job. If you really like your job, stay there. :) WTG with the loss. That is fantastic, girl.

Marlana~I think that the reason some lights are only for inside is because they aren't prepared to handle the moisture outside. I finally found the problem with printing small envelopes on my new printer. The direction say to use Microsoft Works directions so I did but it still wouldn't work. I stopped by to see my favorite tech at Staples and he found a solution. I do use the Microsoft program but I also have to set the envelope size in the print properties. Then it will work but it is a pain in the tush. Neon is doing fine if he can eat 9 pellets a day. My little Leon only eats a total of 2 some days. I see you found some neat attachments in the other threads too. :lol: I'll attach the one I found.

Marybeth~I was in the process of posting when I got the email telling me that you had posted. It seems that we think alike and gave the same advice to Sally. :D I am so glad that your mom is improving. It's really strange weather that all of us are having. We are dry again along with your area. Then some areas are staying flooded. I sure hope that we all get our normal weather soon. We are watering here 3 times a week and still having to add some extra to some of the stuff.

Got to go do a couple of small chores today but it has basically been a lazy day so far. Y'all have a good evening. I got a call from the blood bank this morning and my blood is so full of platelets that they were ecstatic in there. My husbands' is good too but not as good as mine. We have to wait a few days because we just gave blood but set up the appointment to give the platelets for next Thursday. I don't mind doing it as long as I get to chose the movie that we get to watch while we are doing this. They were watching O Brother Where Art Thou when we were there Saturday. I have seen that one twice and bought the soundtrack. I told them that I could watch it again though. I just love watching George Clooney pretend to sing. :love:

PeekabooICU 12-05-2001 05:36 PM

Hi all,

A newbie posted on thread 121 so I'm pasting her post over here so you all can meet her.

New Here
Hi All! I'm new here and just learning to navigate this site. I would love to have some support or a 70 lb. weight loss. I'm doing the Weight Watchers At Home program while also attending college full time. I'm a mom with twin sons who are sophomores away at college and a husband who is a gem. I'm super committed to this way of eating and I'm making it a way of my life each and every day. Any responses would be most welcome. You all seem to know each other so I hope I'm not butting in : )

How do I get to know you all?

Regards,

Maria

PeekabooICU 12-05-2001 06:10 PM

Hello Everyone

Hope you are having a good hump day. I just got home from work and thought I'd get in here and post cause if I sit down in the comfy chair, that will probably be it for me tonight. I went to bed early last night but woke up around 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I was kinda dragging all day today.

Maria, Welcome to our group. We are very glad to have you. Just come in and read our posts and you will get to know us and as you post to us, we'll get to know you. There are others in our group following WW and are having good success with it. I used to follow it and I'm thinking about getting back on it but I just didn't do as well using points as I did the old plan before the point system. I'll just have to try it again and see if I do better this time. We've also got people in college here to so it sounds like you have a lot in common with some of us.

Skeeter, its nice here but not nice enuff for the a/c. I sure was wishing I could sleep late this morning. Heck, I was just wishing I could sleep period. Yep, thats the skater I was talking about. I just love watching him. My favorite male US skater is Todd Eldridge. I just think he is really good and I love watching him to. You know, I think there will never be any respect from those co-workers. They are actually being friendlier to me but....I found out something about one of them about an incident that happened involving me and I knew she was more involved in it than she was telling me. She was telling people classified stuff that she shouldn't of even known. Maybe not classified, but stuff that is of a personnel issue and was trying to say someone else told her. I found out different. I'm not going to say anything to her about it but I will bring it up to her if she provokes me. I'm tired of the crap and I'm not taking it anymore. I may never be friends with these two, but with friends like that, who needs enemies. One of them is trying to find another job and the other is getting close to retirement so I'm just waiting them out. I pray for the other one to find a "real" job (as she calls it) very soon.

Marybeth, I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing better. That must be such a relief for you. I'm glad your dh's bum is doing ok to. Sometimes I think the actual fall is more embarrassing than feeling the actual pain from it. I know me, no matter how bad I hurt, i'd be hoping no one saw me fall.

Marlana, I think I'm going to PM the lady who runs this site and ask for longer threads. I would much prefer to scroll down and read than have to select another page or go back to another thread all the time. It takes no time for a thread to flip over to another page. I think they should go back to 30 posts before it goes to page 2.

Sally, so your brain is fried to huh? I think mine is permanently fried. Oh man, I just read about your problem with your Ex, the jerk. Sheesh, you've definetly got your hands full with him, don't you. I honestly think if he is as bad as you say he is, he won't have a leg to stand on so I doubt you have much to worry about. There is nothing wrong with public school. Its just to bad the courts couldnt force him to get a job so he could pay the child support. I'll never understand a man who refuses to pay child support. I suppose they are thinking the money is actually going to the EX and not thinking about the money you are putting out for the children.

Jen, I'm amazed your dr is sending you back without restrictions. Hopefully you don't have to many problems. You will jut have to do what you can do. My SIL works for one of the hospitals here and was talking about the cuts the governor is planning to make which will really affect hospitals and health care all around. He really needs to cut some of these programs he funded that we don't need before he cuts peoples health care. He is blaming it on 9/11 but I think thats a bunch of malarky.

Well, I think I got everyone. If I missed anyone, I'll get you next time. Take care everyone.