Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Olive Garden

Ive been sitting here for the last couple of minutes, drooling over the food at the olive garden website decided if I should go get some. It looks too good, and Ive done so good with Jenny Craig, but Im getting soo tired of frozen food, I want a real meal, and since I havent had one is so long, it seems so right to go get it. I know tomm. Im going to feel horrible about it, but I dont know what to do, I just about decided that Im going to get it. This is just horrible, I hate this..
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Lightbulb

Hey stacie,

It sounds like you're doing really good, and I think it would actually help you to enjoy something differant.

There has be a way that you can visit Olive Garden and stay OP, or atleast mostly OP. Do LOTS of research and figure out what you are having before you even go...don't touch the menu. Drink lots of water, enjoy lots of unlimited salad and focus on your companion(s), as well as how the food tastes and feels.

Our healthy lifestyles are all about making changes for life...and in order to do that, I firmly believe that we need to find a way to fit certain things in, even if they aren't 100% OP.

Best wishes!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

If you've absolutely decided you must go, then choose a healthier option, and only eat half today. That's what I do when I go out to eat. Or I go to Applebee's where I can order something off the Weight Watchers menu, which is really good!

I can understand how you'd be sick of frozen foods.
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Lunch at Olive Garden
Chicken Giardino 350 calories
Linguine Primavera 280 calories

Dinner Capellini Pomodoro 560 calories
Shrimp Primavera 730 calories

Minestrone Soup 100 calories
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Wow - I had always considered OG as off-limits. This is actually reasonable!
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I used to love Olive garden's breadsticks and their salad. Last time I went, I realized their food really doesn't taste good at all.

When I went, I wanted something light and I know I love their salad so I had their salad with the dressing on the side and their soup. They have a couple soups that are reasonable caloriewise. I also had one breadstick. The salad was good as always, the soup was ok and the breadsticks were just not very good. I am a total bread person so I didn't realize how much my tastebuds had changed. I had planned to have 1 breadstick with my meal and I was really disappointed by it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Is there anywhere else you can go? Really, pasta and bread adds up QUICK.. not only in calories/fat, but in carbs. Go somewhere and have a big salad with grilled chicken and fat free dressing. Outback's Tangy Tomato dressing is yum-o (but skip the bread). Or go to subway and get a 6 inch turkey sub with a bunch of veggies and sweet onion sauce and some baked chips, yummy! You'll feel much better about your decision tomorrow. If you must go, I'd do the soup/salad thing, but skip to soups that aren't creamy... get a low cal dressing or dressing on the side, and skip the bread sticks (which kind of defeats the purpose of going.. lol).
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

I'm not going to try and talk you out of it. You've done really well, and deserve a bit of a splurge meal. Besides, if it's Olive Garden you really want, nothing else will satisfy you. I like the advice to order the healthiest you can, then pack half away to take home. If you don't trust yourself with portion control, take a tupperware, and seal half of the meal away as soon as it arrives. Decide ahead of time on a reasonable number of breadsticks. Enjoy your meal, but get back on track right away, and the damage will be minimal.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #9  

Well Thank you all, but on my way there, literaly had it all figured out in my head I was going to try stuffed chicken marsala, well driving there already feeling awfully about it, I pulled into Target got out of my car and started walking around, Oh right when you walk in you see there bikini's. That was a HUGE stopsign to not go and indulge. Oh and even stepped on there $80.00 scale. I think it was in kilos and it sayed 88.1, have no idea what that is. And left target with a diet dr. pepper. I had my momentary lapse of judgement, but I pulled though!!! Im like on a high right now, for something I didnt do. This feels soo good!
Old 05-27-2007, 09:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Hey, good for you. I think if you really wanted it, you were entitled to it, but if you decided that you didn't really want it enough, well that's even better!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Yay for you!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations

I was on Jenny Craig for a year so I feel your pain.... At the end, I just couldn't take another one of their frozen meals. I had also stopped losing weight so I didn't have the motivation to go on.

Anyway my advice is don't worry about Olive garden or any other indulgences. Those places aren't going anywhere. Do what you need to do to learn about portion control and improving your diet. When you are ready to step into whatever place you choose, then you will be better equipped to deal with it. Maybe you will be like me and discover that you hate Olive Garden even though you used to like it. Or maybe you will just discover that you can control yourself much better.

Olive garden or any of your favorite restaurants aren't going anywhere, you are just giving yourself a break from them right now
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #13  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Stacie, Great job on resisting OG. If you're tired of frozen meals, why not cook something nice and fresh yourself? That way you could control what goes in it and make something healthy and nutritious. I would get tired of frozen meals quickly!

Edited to add: I'm not sure if you can do that on Jennie Craig. Sorry, if I'm encouraging you to do something off-plan. I'm not meaning to.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #14  

Tammy Ive been thinking the same thing. Actually I went to a WW meeting today, just to check it out, and Ive been looking at some of there reciepes. On JC I know how many calories I eat at dinner, and I dont see any problem with swithching it with a nice non-frozen meal. Also Im more than likely going to not be able to afford there food this week, so probaly going to try WW, and who knows if I like it Ill hopefully stick with it.
I loved JC for the first two weeks, I thought, Hey this is to easy, and the foods not as half as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. But for the last 3 days I feel so hungry and want to eat everything. I resisted so much temptation, going into a grocery store hungry. Not to mention the sale they were having on cakes, the cakes that were right there when you entered the store, and still left with some 100 calorie popcorn bags. Which I still havent eaten. I know I want to lose weight, I just sometimes dont know how I want to get there thats all.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations for not going!! I'm sure that does feel great to have resisted temptation! good luck finding a plan that works for you. I'm not sure I could eat frozen meals all the time. If you like the convenience, the Lean Cuisine Spa line is really GOOD and has good healthy ingredients (whole wheat pastas, brown rice). I don't know if that's cheaper than JC or not though. Remember you need to find something you can stick with for good.
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote