3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   December Featherweights Ho Ho Ho (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/11349-december-featherweights-ho-ho-ho.html)

Jane 11-29-2001 09:12 AM

December Featherweights Ho Ho Ho

Although this is a day or two early, the other thread was up to 3 pages, so here goes! I'll copy my post here, even if it was fairly boring. :)

Hiya!

CONGRATS TO RUTH!!! You are an inspiration to us!!

All is well here in Indiana. We had a great Thanksgiving and I hope all of you did, too.

Today I am going to wrap some Christmas presents and get the rest of the cards addressed. I still have to buy some things for my son. Guys are so hard to buy for!

Have a good week, and I'll see you all later.

Jana

PS Anyone is welcome to join the Featherweights. Just jump right in and tell us a little about yourself...

fropvd 11-29-2001 03:54 PM

I *love* the header. *grin*

I've been eating a liquid diet (full liquids, so soups and milk products are OK) for the last few days...I'm taking it one day at a time, and taking care that it is balanced nutitionally. I'll see how it goes and then reassess.

Meanwhile, I have an appt with the doc next week to discuss my options--I know ALL about intake vs output (don't we all), and I want to see what temporary crutches exists as options.

carree 12-02-2001 03:08 PM

Okay, gang. We are now entering the Major Minefields. Best to check in daily. Can't get into too much trouble that way.

Kat, how was your Blue Moon event?

carree

short & sassy 12-02-2001 04:30 PM

Hi girls, how are you? Does everyone have most of their shopping done? I am excited to say that I do. I will have to pick up a few odds and ends, but the major damage to the checkbook has already been done!! lol

Carree, avoid the minefields at all cost!!! :lol: But, you are right, in the next few weeks everybody will be cooking up their major foods and going to parties. Just take one day at a time, you'll make it.

Kat, how did the liquid diet go? Good luck at the Dr.'s office, maybe he can give you something to get "kicked started".

Jana,is everything wrapped at? I haven't even started the wrapping. It probably will not get done until school is out.

Finals are week after next, and I haven't picked up a book hardly. I really have to get on the ball next week.

Everyone take care,
Ruth

fropvd 12-03-2001 03:33 PM

Our blue moon went on as planned except for the rain that made it impossible to actually SEE it. *lol* It is beautiful now though, and the start are simply amazing.

I have no scale now (Paul still has it and has never returned it) so it will be some time until I know if I am losing anything--I have to wait until my clothes fit differently. I go to the doc tomorrow, so will then have a better idea of my options.

short & sassy 12-04-2001 12:05 AM

Kat, hope you recieve good news at the drs office tomorrow. First that you weigh less than you think, and second that there are options out there for you.

Weight Watchers has been great for me. I have lost a total 5.4 lbs in three weeks. I am so proud of myself. I have 11 lbs to lose before I'm back down to the previous weight before I regained everything, I should be there by the end of January. I have 48 lbs to lose before I get to goal.

Hubby, put together my home gym Saturday. I've been working my waist and abs on it daily. I'm alternating my upper and lower body. Now I just have to make myself get on the treadmill everyday.

Well I better get to bed. I've got a long week ahead of me with finals next week. I have 3 more essays to right before Wednesday. Guess I'll be working on them late tomorrow!!

See you girls later,
Ruth

carree 12-05-2001 09:30 PM

Great News!

Hey Gang,

My DH who has been out of work for a very long time recently signed on as a temp with a local company. Yesterday they told him that they want to hire him permanently. I am so excited. Also had my WI tonight at WW and lost 2.2 lbs.

How is everyone doing getting ready for the holiday? Check in and let us know how you are doing.

love,
carree

short & sassy 12-06-2001 07:28 AM

Carree, congratulations to your husband. That is very exciting news!

My husband hates his new job, I think he is planning to quit after the holidays. I know that anytime I chose to leave a job he has always been supportive. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time dealing with this. We are at a point that I'm paying bills on time, we have a small amount of extra money in the bank, I'm not looking forward to struggling financially. It may not be that bad, maybe I'm worried for nothing. I know I need to put this in God's hands and let him help me deal with it. Would ya'll please pray. Thanks.

Holidays are looking good. I have all my Christmas bought except my stepdaughter and her husband. We know what we are getting them, just haven't bought it.

Better go, need to get on the treadmill.

Ruth

carree 12-09-2001 04:49 PM

Hi Gang,

Sure doesn't take long for this thread to disappear off of the first page. How is everyone doing with their shopping. I haven't started my cards yet. Maybe tonight.

Ruth, I am very sorry that your DH doesn't like his job. I hope things improve for him in the coming year or that he finds something better.

Kat, how are you doing?

Jana, miss you.

Love,
carree

short & sassy 12-10-2001 09:13 AM

CARREE, this thread does disappear pretty fast. But I understand that with the holidays around the corner it is hard to find the time to sit at a computer everyday. I know that the time I'm sitting here I could be doing other things. Unfortunately, I'm addicted to my computer. :D

JANA and KAT, hope you two are doing okay, let us here from you soon.

Ruth

short & sassy 12-13-2001 11:09 PM

Hi Ladies, just stopped in to say hello. I hope everyone is doing okay. I imagine everyone is busy with last minute running before the holidays gets here.

Well, it has been a hectic week. My oldest daughter gave birth to my fourth grandchild on Tuesday and I had finals all week. Dylan Cody West weighed 6lbs 4 ozs. He was born at 11 am as I was sitting in a classroom taking a Biology test. It was the first time I missed the birth of a grandchild.

Test went great, I know for sure I past 3 courses with A's and I'm 95% sure that I made an A in a fourth subject. The only course I'm not sure of is Biology, my grade could range from an A to a C. I'm pretty happy no matter what I made on it.

Well I'm ready for bed. I hope you guys check in soon. I feel all alone in here!! lol

Ruth

carree 12-14-2001 01:51 PM

Congratulations Ruth!

Congratulations on the birth of a grandchild and also how well you are doing in school. It can't be easy going back to school after being out so long, so you must be one smart cookie! :D :D :D I am so proud of you. You must feel pretty good about yourself.

Now let's follow it through and be good to our bodies too over this holiday time!

Love,
carree

fropvd 12-15-2001 01:53 PM

Congrats on that newest grandbaby Ruth!

I've been through the wringer lately with my son, but the upshot of it all is that he is now out of my home and in state custody where he will get the help he desperately needs. Things are MUCH more peaceful now, though it breaks my heart to have him go through this. I just hope it is a turning point for him. *sigh*

As for the Dr.'s visit, I am on a course of phentermine--it seems to work quite well, as after I took the first dose yesterday, I simply was not hungry for about 14 hours. We shall see how I am doing in a month when I have my follow up. (weight is 212 right now. :( ) I've got to do something because my back and joints are killing me all the time and I'm finding it harder to do simple things like tie my shoes.

Gotta dash--I'm at the library ans someone needs to puter.
BTW, my new years's resolution is use part of my tax refund to get a phone at home again!!!!!!

Happy holidays all, in case I don't check in before then.

carree 12-16-2001 05:35 AM

Hope everyone is hanging in there! Finally mailed out all of my cards and have the shopping and the wrapping done. Now it's time for the baking and the cooking.

Let us all take time out during this special season to give thanks for all of our many blessings.

Love to all,
carree

short & sassy 12-17-2001 09:30 PM

I just came back from my ww weigh in, I was pleasantly surprised with a 3.2 lb loss. I have now lost 10 lbs in 5 weeks. I am really so motivated, I feel like I really do see the light at the end of the tunnel.

KAT, I hope everything works out with your son. I'll keep you in my prayers. BTW, let us know how the pills are going. I hope they are just what you needed to jump start your weight loss!!

CARREE, sounds like you are super busy!! I still have a tree to put up and presents to wrap. As for the cooking, I usually go to my mothers, I haven't cooked in years.

JANA, where are you? Are you missing in action, lol?

Well Christmas is almost here, one more week and Santa will be here. I think I'll get hubby to take me to see the Christmas lights. Do ya'll remember the movie Steel Magnolia's? Do you remember the Christmas lights in the town, well that is where I want to go, they are beautiful. Anyway, take care, hope you have a good week.

Ruth