Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 AM   #16  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorita View Post
Hmm... I can definately see how this comment can be hurtful. But some of us... well, maybe just this senorita... never get the 'pretty' part of the comment at all. Which I think sucks more, to feel like you can be fat or not fat, but either way you'll never be cute.
I never get it either. XD I suppose I'm just not pretty, whether I'm fat or not. Or maybe I'm of a type that few people like. I don't know. At least the good point is that I don't have to bother trying to figure out if it was a compliment or an insult...
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Luckily I never got the, "if only you lose weight . . " Everyone was really nice and just said, "you're pretty." BUT, I went through a period at my heighest weight, when only one person told me I was pretty. That really hurt. Now, I get it a lot again, but with no mention of, "if you were just a bit thinner . . . "
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My own sister used to tell me that same thing. Now that I've lost the weight , she never compliments me. OH well. It always reminds me of people that mention how beautiful your long hair WAS after you get it cut off. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

What's worse is hearing you have a pretty face and would look beautiful if you lost weight, then losing weight and having the SAME people tell you you're too thin...even though you're on the high side of your healthy weight and more than you were before you gained weight, and back when they thought you were just fine. ::sigh::

People who have few brain cells are going to comment. We just have to either learn snappy comebacks or realize they have too few brain cells and chalk it up to that. Its not OUR problem, its theirs.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:26 PM   #20  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well said, AlmostHeaven!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote