3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What do you want REALLY badly? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/112924-what-do-you-want-really-badly.html)

MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY 05-18-2007 12:06 AM

What do you want REALLY badly?

Is it to hit a certain number on the scale? If so, what number? Maybe it's not your final goal, but a number that will get you past a certain point, out of a plateau, or half-way there.

Or, do you want to be able to run a marathon, climb a mountain, or swim three miles?

Or, maybe you want to wear a size 8, or a size 6, or 4. Or be able to wear a bikini, shorts, or a tank top.

So, what is it? What would really make your day?

For me, I would LOVE to hit 199. I think that it would be a HUGE motivation for me to keep going. 199 seems so much closer to a normal, healthy weight than my current weight does for some reason. I know that it's just a few pounds, but it just has such a different impact on me when I think about being 199 vs 200.

Decade 05-18-2007 12:08 AM

Me? I just wanna be healthy so I can bug my hubby and my not yet conceived children...I'm not ready to take the health problems that I could get.

MissyCrissy 05-18-2007 12:27 AM

I am with you on the 199 thing! I haven't seen that number in so long, and some days it seems so far away... BUT I know we just gotta push through the ho hum days and that we'll get there! It seems there is something so powerful about being in the 100's like something inside will click and you'll just be motivated and feeling great. . . I hope it's true.

I also so desperately want to RUN. I don't care where or how far I just wanna be able to do it and feel good about it.

Congrats on your weight loss, stick with it - you are about to fall into the 100's!

C.

harrypotterybarn 05-18-2007 01:32 AM

I want to fit into those hideous pink courdory pants that are sitting folded in the back of my closet. They were the last thing I bought before I started gaining weight again....and darn it, I want to be back there! And I don't care if I'll be wearing ugly pants when I get there.

pinupdreams 05-18-2007 03:26 AM

right now i just want to get out of the 200's so badly! i have been 200+ for so long that i just want to see 199 even if it is 199.9 i dont care! lol.

seranab 05-18-2007 04:28 AM

I want to be able to dress sexy for my husband (sorry to be so vulgar) although I do what I can now I'm still self-conscious and I know sometimes it upsets him when he can't touch certain parts of my body (my belly for example) he doesn't say anything but I can tell it bugs him. Also I want to have a defined jawline again!!! I JUST CANT WEIGHT!! (lol)

Get n healthy 05-18-2007 07:15 AM

I want to see my collar bones again and get my long neck back. But i can relate to what so many of you have written, with the looking sexy for your husband, getting to 192 (one pound lower than my lowest adult weight). But once i see those collar bones, i know i am well on my way.

FresnoBeeDude 05-18-2007 08:09 AM

I've gone into great deal in my blog about the next weight(s) I want. But what I want REALLY bad is to be able to jog. You guys may find this weird, but every once in awhile I have a dream where I am simply jogging. Since I started working out, I have been experiencing knee problems. X-rays showed nothing. MRI showed I had a torn ACL. The damage was quite extensive, and very chronic. I am on a pill for it, and with the hopes of continual weight loss the pain will lesson. At this point only surgery will repair it. But, I will not let this deter me, as long as the pill is working, I will be jogging!

RidiculouslyAddicted 05-18-2007 09:07 AM

I REALLY want to run a 5K. I'm working on it - I can do about 3.5K, just not all at once.

I've already hit two of my prior desperate wants: I wanted so badly to be under 150 pounds, and I really really wanted to fit into a pair of pants that I wore when my boyfriend and I started dating (4.5 years ago).

I can't think of much else that I *REALLY* want (besides to hit goal, of course). I'm becoming pretty happy in what I'm doing, how I'm feeling, and how I look. It's almost a bad thing, because I'm not pushing myself as hard now!

lumifan4ever 05-18-2007 09:14 AM

What do i want most.....hmmmmm....I really want to feel confident again. I am so self conscious of my abs. I am always making sure my shirts are low enough to cover my lower abs. I am hoping that with weightloss and excersize, that my belly well not protrude so much. That is what i want most. I already got my first want...that was my jawline back!! I love to take pics now with just my face in the shot.

Ready2ShedLBS 05-18-2007 09:16 AM

I want to be at my goal weight, and/or in a size 5 (at every store lol) after a 2 week hiatus I am back on track, as of yesterday.. thank goodness. Its so hard to get back on when you get off!

Sunnigummi 05-18-2007 09:31 AM

I second the jawline comment! My face shape isn't "round" anymore - whoot!! I want those killer muscular thighs but feminine looking at the same time. Just look at any celeb and you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, my primary goal is to get to 155. That will be my lowest weight in 5 years, so it will quite an accomplishment! :) I'm trying to work on getting back on track with daily exercise and lots of veggies and cutting portions. Now I have the exercise and portions down, but veggies got lost somewhere...haha. I can always get two down, but not all three. Need to work on that too.. :P

Bikini Dreader 05-18-2007 09:34 AM

I want to:

a) maintain a healthy mentality and healthy relationship with food and stop using food as anything other than fuel to live.
b) Feel comfortable and hot in a bikini.

HeatherAngel 05-18-2007 09:40 AM

When I get below 200 pounds, I am going to start riding again - I gave it up some years ago for fear of hurting the poor horses! That now seems within reach.

Ultimately, I have a 'dream' scale number, but I'd really like to buy a piece of clothing in single digits - I find it hard to imagine actually doing that, though!!

Heather :D

Beach Patrol 05-18-2007 09:54 AM

For me....

I want to LOOK and FEEL healthy. I don't want to worry that a certain type of clothing doesn't look good on me & I don't want to worry that my cholesterol is too high.

I want to wear a tank top & have non-waving arms. I want to be able to eat ONE tiny slice of birthday cake & not feel like I'm going to pass out.

I want to put on a swim suit & not feel like I look like a beached whale. I want to enjoy a margarita from time to time & not get dizzy from the sugar.

I want to wear a cute pair of shorts without them cutting off the circulation in my thighs. I want to naturally choose fish over red meat & have my body respond as such.

I want to be able to exercise for an hour & feel good like I used to, instead of exercising for 10 minutes & feeling like I've been beaten with a baseball bat.

I want to put on a bra & not see that horrid bra-fat in the mirror. I want to lose the weight once & for all & THIS TIME KEEP IT OFF.

Now I ask you.... Is that too much to ask?? :^: