Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #1  
ladychild.

S/C/G: ~266|Ticker|150

Height: 5'6-ish.

Default Need advice / someone to listen . .

Hi, thank you so much for looking at my post. I'm quite new here and just a few weeks into my very long journey.

Anyway, my question [or complaint] is that I keep suffering from these afternoon crashes. I'm fine through breakfast, eating great lots of fiber and whole foods, exercising for a min. of 1 hour with cardio / strength training. So far I've lost about 2 pounds this week, as well. As did I last week.

My problem is after working out, I make myself a pretty decent lunch [lunch, I use as my former dinner - eating a slighty bigger meal with good whole foods or just small portions of regular lunching items] anyway, and then I CRASH! I can hardly blink or think or move. Eating, I'm fine. It's almost right after that I can't move.

I don't know if it's complex carbs or something, I've never had this before.

I did a pretty lousy work out today so I'm going to take a walk and see if that wakes me up . . but I just don't get it.

I used to feel energized and now I feel like a nap.

If anyone has ever had this happen to them or have an idea of what may be making me feel this way, I'd love to hear from you.

Getting my butt moving again!
~ Annie.

Forgive my spellings or whatever errors haha I can't even bother with spell check right now.
Anniemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #2  
ladychild.

Oh yes, and how do I edit my tracker to show my current weight - or do I just have to keep making them over? Yes, I said I was leaving but here I sit.

MOVE YOU BUTT, SELF! RAWR.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Hey there,

Yeah, you have to make a new tracker each time. It is a bit of a pest.

With regard to your actual question, can you tell us what lunch usually looks like for you? What are you eating?
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled111 View Post
Hey there,

Yeah, you have to make a new tracker each time. It is a bit of a pest.

With regard to your actual question, can you tell us what lunch usually looks like for you? What are you eating?
No you don't have to change your tracker every time... Just go into your siggie and change the number that is the number that indicates your recent weight.... does that make sense?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #5  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

After you log in go to where it says user cp in the purple bar and click ...then click on edit signature and down where it has the http info just go over and change the current weight then save your settings. Alot easier than making a new tracker everytime. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

As for your original question, I'm sorry I don't have an answer for that one.
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #6  
ladychild.

Great, that makes sense to me, yes! Woot.

And typically, I eat about 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel with a few ounces of deli turkey, lettuce, low-fat cheddar [about 2 ounces] and light mircle whip.

Then a veggie like carrots - a pickle - and backed crackers or baked chips.

Of course it changes, today I had tuna fish mixed with M.W., pepper and mustard on 2 small slices of rye. I also had a small salad w. a small amount of dressing and a pickle.

That's pretty typical. Not the most healthy but I did loose 55+ pounds eating this same menu about 3 or 4 years ago. And I never felt like this.

Thanks for both of your replies!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

If I eat carbs at lunch, I totally crash. Even if they are good whole grain carbs. Could be something you're eating is causing your blood sugar to spike. . .also, if you've recently started making lunch your biggest meal rather than dinner, that might be causing some of the grogginess, too. I always say digestion diverts energy from your brain!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #8  
ladychild.

I also just did 1/2 a mile uphill on the treadmill [pretty light and low speed] and a few minutes on the eliptical [not spell checking, forgive] - about 15 minutes of movement, maybe less.

Still feeling lethargic [not spelling checking that either haha].
Old 05-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Anniemal -- I understand completely about crashing I crash when I eat 1) I eat too many sweets 2) eat processed foods 3) when I don't eat enough protein and 4) if I don't drink enough water, believe it or not . What specifically are you eating for lunch? If I eat a sandwich even if it's on whole wheat bread, the bread makes my blood sugar drop, also processed meats make me sleepy... I have solved this my eating chickpeas or beans with tuna or chicken or eggwhites and oatmeal instead of a sandwich ...I've also discovered that the more I eat whole foods on a regular basis, the healthier my diet is, that as soon as I fall off plan by eating processed stuff, I feel it by being tired or cranky or crashing ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
No you don't have to change your tracker every time... Just go into your siggie and change the number that is the number that indicates your recent weight.... does that make sense?
Ah! That's good to know. Thanks for the head's up.

Sorry 'bout the hijack.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

There is also a shortcut to edit your tracker/signature, under the "quick links" menu on the purple bar at the top.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniemal View Post
And typically, I eat about 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel with a few ounces of deli turkey, lettuce, low-fat cheddar [about 2 ounces] and light mircle whip.

Then a veggie like carrots - a pickle - and backed crackers or baked chips.
This is your main meal of the day? That doesn't look like enough food to me. You'd be better off to be eating a giant salad with more protein and skipping the bagel (or the chips/crackers) altogether. It looks to me like too many carbs, not enough veggies, not enough protein, and not enough volume. I'd be tired too if I tried to cheat my body out of a proper meal after exercising!

Are you calorie counting? How many calories are you eating each day if this is your main meal?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #13  
ladychild.

I'm just going to run through an example of my intake for a typical day.

B: 1-1 1/2 cups of Kashi Promise organic cereal, 1 serving of fruit, 8 oz. V8 fruit and veggie juice lite, 1-2 hardboiled eggs with pepper.

Snack: I would try and eat a fruit leather [all natural fruit roll-up for about 45 calories before or after exercising for a good hour].

L: Basically like stated above. 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel with turkey, etc. some carrot sticks, baked oz. of chips [salt tooth], and a pickle.

S: 1 f/v

D: A salad, 8 oz. of baked or grilled skinless boneless chicken or soup, some egg whites. Fruit.

S: 100 calorie pack or snack of my choice.

That's basically what I eat day in / out. I am a very bad eater if I'm not dieting and while I love fruits, I can stand less than 5 vegtables - the starchy ones. I grew up eating junk like mac & cheese, hotdogs and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. Not that it's an excuse, I've just always been a very picky eater and chosen the wrong foods as well as been a binge eater - as my mother was a binger / purger and while I cannot stand to vomit up my food - I can binge with the best. : /

Sorry, got quite long-winded there.

Oh, and no, I don't count calories, tho I should. I kinda eat the same thing all the time. I would love to know my intake / out take but my main cardio machines give "typical 150 pound body" calorie / fat outputs. So I never know what I'm really doing.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #14  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Sounds like you need an afternoon snack of fruit. An apple or orange should get you going again.

Go to User CP
Click on Edit Signature
Scroll down to Edit Signature box

Change the last number (242) in the string of numbers /262/150/242/

Then scroll to the bottom
Click on Save Signature
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #15  
Mel

What is an f/v?

How long have you been doing your exercise program? Is this the second week of exercise and food lifestyle change? I find that whenever I change something drastically (like all of a sudden adding an hour a day of exercise) I'm exhausted in the afternoons for about a week to two weeks. Then my body gets used to the idea.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote