thanks much!

• thanks to everyone who responded to my last post on here! they helped alot and made me realize i was planning to pretty much get overwhelmed and fail.

the couch-2-5k plan seems almost amazing. haha. i looked it up (thanks for the link) and it really seems doable!!! considering it starts at a lower begining than i am by one minute. whoot! for once

also that article is very true. if i "mess up" and eat something not healthy for myself, then i usually get very upset and do either the "oh well i screwed up now i can go eat such and such" or the "never going to work for me, not even going to try" type things. but this article made me realize its normal to "mess up" and i just have to get right back on track!!!

as for 3 hours being too much to start with, i already do 2 hours. its not all cardio but this is usually how i do it for those of you who were wondering(sorry i forgot to put down what it is i do)

5 minute stretch, 30 minutes eliptical, 30 minutes cycling, 200 crunches, 20 leg lifts, 5 push ups, inner/outer thigh machine, flys, military, and shoulder extensions. then i do another 30 minutes on the eliptical and 5 minute stretch again.

i was wanting to add the extra hour (eliptical and tredmill) in the morning before work to get my system working. however thats said. (metabolism?)
    and its very good to know now that as you loose weight, your body doesnt burn as much! i never knew that before so thank you all so much!

ive made up my mind and this is it (forever!):
    what eating looks like: i will do my best to eat healthily at all times, usually fruits/veggies/berries, fish, chicken occasionally, beans, (i love all those except chicken but ive got to have it once in awhile)...if i "mess up" then i do, and its not the end of the world. i can think about it, and move on.

what exercise looks like: in the morning on M-W-F i will be doing the half an hour couch-2-5k program. tues and thurs sleep in, whoot! then after work M through F do my usual 2 hours of cardio/strength (it is something ive done for while now and keep it up very well) and sat 30 minute moderate walk and sunday be my rest day. i chose sunday because im free of everything then. (no school, work, etc...)

ok! so thats that, and now to get on it! and start my new lifestyle. i love it and know its something i can handle forever. its also something that can keep me in good shape (once i am) for my career! im so excited

thank you all so much for helping me realize and re-think my choices. im way more confident now! ill let ya know how it goes!
  • firegirl7, whoa girl! You must be very fit with that workout. Good for you!

Now this sounds like a plan you can stay with. Good luck with it--and if you run into any rough spots, we're all here to help. Be sure to drink your water!

Jay